What do you Americans really think of Steve Irwin? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
View Poll Results: What do you Americans really think of Steve Irwin?
Love him 18 64.29%
Hate him 4 14.29%
Don't know him, don't care about him 6 21.43%
Voters: 28. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-20-2002, 07:20 PM   #31
War Child
Local Time: 02:11 AM
i had a crush on an irwin once
he was a major jock though, but man what purty eyes he had.

Old 09-20-2002, 07:49 PM   #32
love, blood, life
Local Time: 11:11 AM

i you angie.

Old 09-20-2002, 08:59 PM   #33
War Child
crikey, that erwin guy's quite a beaut, he's alright in my book.
Old 09-20-2002, 10:56 PM   #34
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Crikeys! He's awesome! Steve is the man.
Old 09-21-2002, 10:57 PM   #35
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 09:11 AM
Big Grin

She Is Raging

How can you be mad at someone with a Snoopy holding a beating heart?
Old 09-22-2002, 02:30 AM   #36
the invisible woman
Local Time: 09:11 AM
I like him! He cracks me up and I've learned a thing or two about animals! Sure he's a bit but he's a crack up!

I was watching this thing with him....... and his dad was talking and he was very cause he feels that people don't get his son because he is seen as a "Goof" or a "joke" but that he is just so passionate about animals. That made me feel I was like poor guy! LMAO

I think it's great he's doing something he really loves.... I wish that someday I would be as passionate as he is about my job!
Old 09-22-2002, 05:09 AM   #37
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:11 AM
That guy cracks me up! I don't watch his show that often, but the times i saw it it was pretty funny. He just gets soooo excited like he's never seen a snake before (even though you know he's seen them 1000's of times), he's just like a little kid. He's :coocoo"

Old 09-22-2002, 09:35 AM   #38
I serve MacPhisto
Local Time: 12:11 AM

it's a love/hate thing i suppose. the guy's such a whackjob, for lack of a better word, but highly amusing to watch.

sometimes you just sit there and hope the crock bites his head off (purely for entertainment value of course) .

sometimes i watch him interact with the animals, and it seems as if he's talking dirty to them..as if he's--i'm sorry to say--"makin' love" with 'em..it's as if barry white should be playing in the background.

but it's nice to see he has such a passion for what he does...which is harass animals and then attempt to claim that they were just being "grumpy today".
Old 09-22-2002, 06:31 PM   #39
Local Time: 03:11 AM
Steve is cool and I have to be a bit biased as his Zoo is located where I live- down at the southern end of the Sunshine Coast and it brings a lot of tourists here, which is good for our local economy. One of my good friends works at the Zoo and she really enjoys working there and both Steve and Terry are really nice I even went to their staff christmas party as a guest of my friend in 2000 and I had an absolute ball with all of the crew from the Zoo. Even though Steve can come across as a bit of an idiot, he really does care heaps about flora and fauna and that is good and a bit of a funny anecdote- when I graduated from university in 2000 I was so suprised to see Steve there!!! as some of you may or may not know university graduation ceremonies are extrememly boring as they spend what feels like an eternity giving out heaps of honary fellowships and doctorates- the fellowships usually go to local members of the community who have done something good for the area and the doctorates are awarded to more academic kind of people, so anyway at my graduation ceremony Steve was awarded an honourary fellowship for all of his conservation work, as I was in the front row casue my last name starts with 'Ba' I had a perfect view of all of the people who were sitting up on the stage and Steve looked so funny up on the stage wearing a cloak and mortar hat (is that what they are called???)- I wish I had some pics of it- anyway IC an dig him, he aint that bad
Old 09-25-2002, 06:00 AM   #40
Local Time: 01:11 AM
I enjoy him immensly as a source to better make fun of my boyfriend, who also suffers from being an Ozzy. Where would I be with out the croc jokes????

Old 09-25-2002, 10:46 AM   #41
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 10:11 AM
I don't hate him but I do think he is kind of a tard. He is goofy. He does do good things with animals.