what do u guys think of that 'Average Joe' prog.???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
I personally think its cruel.
It almost makes fun of guys who run around shakin their fist goin ‘whoo-hoo’ at a beautiful women who looks down on them first glance.
And seeing them ‘fight over’ her in a playful kiddy mannor is just cringeworthy to watch.

:(

I cannot believe they held a 2nd one in Hawaii.

Do you think it helps many single average guys out there?
Althou Im so aware so many of you are happy and have wonderful partners…..:):):)

if they were blooming insistant on making a 2nd they should have had ladies instead.......or just never bothered with the programme at all....................

:madspit: :madspit: :madspit: :madspit:

Last edited:
‘whoo-hoo’ :wave:

sorry, couldn't resist it! don't know of the programme so no comment other than that.

At first I thought it was nice, that the average guys would get a chance to wow the beautiful girl with their personalities, which they would almost NEVER get to do in real life. But then they'd invite the supermodel guys on to compete with the average guys, and I thought THAT was cruel! The guys that were supposedly "hot" were such jerks! :mad: So I stopped watching.

On another note, it reinforces what's been going on on Amercian television for the last little while: That it's OK to show an average guy on TV as long as the girl is friggin' hot. Rarely do they show average looking women on TV - unless it's The Swan/Extreme Makeover and they are going to "fix" them. :down: That's probably why there will never be an "Average Jane".

lmjhitman said:

Rarely do they show average looking women on TV - unless it's The Swan/Extreme Makeover and they are going to "fix" them. :down:

I saw the Swan when I was at my in-laws' in London after Christmas. SCARIEST SHOW EVER. :| They make the women look even more horrible than when they first came in.

As for Average Joe, what bothers me about it is that most of the guys on it aren't "average"...they're just put on the show so people can laugh at them. And the "hot" guys are disgusting. :yuck:

mad1 said:
I personally think its cruel.
It almost makes fun of guys who run around shakin their fist goin ‘whoo-hoo’ at a beautiful women who looks down on them first glance.
And seeing them ‘fight over’ her in a playful kiddy mannor is just cringeworthy to watch.

You know lately all these reality shows have just become so degrading. What's with The Biggest Loser? It's nice that they're motivating people to lose weight but to have it as a form of entertainment for others is pretty demeaning. Same with The Swan. First you make a bunch of normal people beautiful to help rebuild their confidence and then you put them up against each other in a beauty contest??? Way to go help build self-esteem.

Back
Top Bottom