What did you get for a Christmas bonus?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow! We got $50.00 Target gift cards. Better than the big ZILTCH-zero-zip I was expecting.

Wow icelle! $800!! Lucky you.

I have one employee - Bonus???

Do you think Mrs. BAW should go empty handed?????

We are still very busy, no let-down in our business...I took in 12 new cases this week; 250 cases to date from March 1st....SWAMPED is an understatement....No complaints here, I am grateful....I think my co-worker will get a very nice bonus ....she keeps me going !!!

:yes: for Mrs. BAW bonus!!!

bonosgirl84 said:
:ohmy: cellie..awesome!!! drinks on you!!!

where the hell are you:angry:

i gotta go buy rat traps. thats a whole different story:uhoh:

new thread to follow in the morning.

Our boss invited everyone to a free lunch at one of the nicer restaurants in town to celebrate an outstanding year for our company due to our getting a big award in our industry. He said there would be a big surprise for everyone there. I was hoping he meant a nice, fat bonus check, or at least gift certificates to the local mall or something. It turned out we each got a copy of the plaque the company received when we got our award, with a big group photo of all of us on it. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have this memento to hang on my wall, but I feel we all deserved a little bit more - especially since the top executives at the corporation get HUGE bonuses. :( And besides, I was really looking forward to going on a CD and DVD shopping spree with the my Christmas bonus money!

$250.00 Christmas bonus, somewhat scaled down Christmas party but because we had a wage freeze last year, in Sep. we were given 3 extra vacation days which we could use the week of christmas instead of loosing pay when the company closes for a week. So another week's paid vacation whoo hoo. Company is still struggling however. Everyone is still worried. Printing industry isn't bouncing back as fast as the reports on the economy are.

We got $350.00 and considering a bunch of people from my company got laid off recently, that's actually pretty good. Nowhere near as good as meat though... :sexywink:

BUT they canceled our Christmas party due to the lay offs. :shrug:

Last edited:
Bono's shades said:
It turned out we each got a copy of the plaque the company received when we got our award, with a big group photo of all of us on it. Don't get me wrong, I'm happy to have this memento to hang on my wall, but I feel we all deserved a little bit more - especially since the top executives at the corporation get HUGE bonuses. :(

OK, that sucks!! I was talking to my mom about my meat bonus and she asked what the higher ups got, because they sure as hell didn't get meat. You should feel appreciated by your company, you should be commended for whatever part you play in their success (because we all know companies have no problem letting people know when they mess up). Would your company have had such a great year without you and your co-workers? Of course not, and it stinks that they don't see that.

And Katty, I could easily give you a share of my meat. How about a rib roast ;)

:applaud:

Our bosses took all us out to a VERY nice dinner at the new hip and trendy restaurant in town last week Thursday. We also got $150 gift cards to Bannana Republic. We'll also be getting extra paid time off between Christmas and New Years.

I have to say that our bosses treat us all very well. We get quarterly bonuses throughout the year providing the agency makes money. They also like to give us treats throughout the year for a job well done (ie chocolate, lunch, cash, clothes, etc).

Last edited:
:wink: nbc-that is true! It's a shame companies so shamlessly their employees like this. Because we All know where they would be without the workers! And the Best gifts, are free! How sad they can't find the time of effort to give them! but sure do for themselves!:eyebrow:

JessicaAnn said:
:applaud:

Our bosses took all us out to a VERY nice dinner at the new hip and trendy restaurant in town last week Thursday. We also got $150 gift cards to Bannana Republic. We'll also be getting extra paid time off between Christmas and New Years.

I have to say that our bosses treat us all very well. We get quarterly bonuses throughout the year providing the agency makes money. They also like to give us treats throughout the year for a job well done (ie chocolate, lunch, cash, clothes, etc).

Very nice...and thank you for the Xmas card! :)

I got about $ 150 and 2 bottles of wine since they know I'm practically an alcoholic

+ we'll get a free brunch in the new year

I've been so bored at the office this year that I think I deserve a raise just for showing up :hmm:

We usually don't get a "cash" bonus at the bank. Today we had a check for $250.00 waiting on us when we arrived at work. :faint:

And I was going to have to do a cash advance on my credit card just to get me to the next payday. Now maybe not! :hyper:

arw9797 said:
I got a $50.00 american express gift check, a christmas ornament, and taken to a steak and chop house for lunch....I don't celebrate Christmas and I've been a vegetarian most of my life. :|

that's what I got from the company I work for. I got to work today and there was a bottle of white wine sitting on my desk from my manager. :drool: Too bad I can't open here!

Back
Top Bottom