What concerts have you been to so far this year?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2 - Denver, April 20

Millencolin - Denver, May 25

The Aquabats - Denver

Reel Big Fish - Denver

Then later this year I'll go to

Green Day
Foo Fighters and Weezer
Gwen Stefani

I've only seen u2 at the 5-12 show so far, but i've got tickets to Paul McCartney in October.

Elvis Costello & The Imposters, Utrecht, 24 January
U2, New York, 21 May
U2, Brussels, 10 June
Suzanne Vega, Brussels, 16 June (*)
U2, Dublin, 24, 25 & 27 June
U2, Amsterdam, 13, 15 & 16 July

(*) I first had tickets for the Finn Brothers concert in Amsterdam for that evening, but then I couldn't go because I got a project in Brussels. Luckily Suzanne Vega was excellent too.

I was planning on seeing Ibrahim Ferrer and had bought tickets to his concert last week. Then this weekend he sadly passed away. :( R.I.P. Bueno hermano.

And while I don't have any tickets for shows this summer and fall, I might go to Jasper Steverlinck and even maybe-er to Bob Dylan.

february:
-ducky boys/the lovely lads/cut throat/etc.

march:
-dropkick murphys/ducky boys/confront

april:
-darkbuster/the pubcrawlers/the blue bloods/etc.

may:
-dropkick murphys/nas/fabulous (umass spring concert)
-the slackers/darkbuster/the brunt of it
-social distortion/lost city angels/the eyeliners
-bruce springsteen
-u2

i haven't gone to see a band since may 20-somethingth. :huh:

monday is the warped tour.

sept. 15th is tim mcgraw, unless i can get someone to take the tickets off me and find a ride to boston so i can go to the bruisers reunion show. there are 30 days in september. it's just my luck that both of these things would be on the same day. if i had known the bruisers show was on the 15th, i'd never have got tim mcgraw tickets. as of now, i'll be going to that show, but there's no way i'll be able to have a good time if i know the bruisers are playing a one-shot reunion show just 2 hours away :sigh:

and i really wish i was going to johnstown, ny on saturday to see the blue bloods/wrong side of the tracks and some other bands, but due to sheer stupidity on my mom's part, i'm stuck at home. :mad:

oh, and i'm planning on going to see gaelic storm sometime later this month (can't remember when the exact date is), although i'll probably miss that show, too. i think i've missed them the last 3 times they've played out here :der:

october 15th (i think) - the pietasters and big d = i will be there.

Last edited:
Popmartijn said:
Kim, didn't you also see R.E.M. this year? :eyebrow:
I thought you'd mentioned it somewhere, sometime...

:confused:

last october, so it was last year.

that was a good show :up:

in the "shows i missed" category this year was the annual scottish festival. enter the haggis played again, and i totally spaced on the date until a week after it happeed :reject:

hmmm:hmm: lets see if I can remember

Badly Drawn Boy
U2:drool:
Black Crowes
Black Crowes again
Mark Knopfler

next is
Pearl Jam
U2:drool:
Pearl jam and the Stones
U2 :drool:
and of course U2 again:drool:

How can anyone possibly be bothered going to see U2 three nights in a row? Don't get me wrong I love U2 but three nights in a row? That is mental.

U2 ... three shows in Chicago (not all in a row!) ... and one show in New York,
plus one show in Los Angeles so far !! :applaud:
More U2 shows in the fall are coming too !! :up:

nickypiemcg said:
How can anyone possibly be bothered going to see U2 three nights in a row? Don't get me wrong I love U2 but three nights in a row? That is mental.

If I had the time and money, I would do it. :drool:

I'd go to all if I could. Boo.

As it is I've only been to one u2, but also one Brian McFadden and 10 Westlife. Ho hum. Oh, and Billy Connolly and Bryan Adams.

arcade fire (w/ final fantasy) 1.13 amazing show to start yr off *** bravery 1.21 (friend was a big fan, but the show was totally worth it after 'an cat' encore) *** v-day w/ interpol 2.14 *** xiu xiu 3.03 *** bloc party 3.23 (teenie tiny place) *** U2 4.10 hp pavilion (not so tiny) *** tegan & sara virgin instore *** kasabian 6.9 @popscene*** maximo park 6.30 @popscene *** lovemakers & every move a picture 7.1*** biggest regret is definitely not hauling self to go see new order (who ive never seen before) =|
future shows: probably u2 who are coming back in the fall (even tho i got no tickets)

feb
keane
ian brown

march
QOTSA

apr
lenny kravitz

may
coldplay
doves
ryan adams
keane

june
oasis
jet
live 8 in canada

july
weezer
pixies

aug
coldplay
foo fighters

sept
u2x2 right now...hoping to get more
doves
interpol if i can find someone to go with

oct
paul mccartney
franz ferdinand

Past

5.11 Bruce Springsteen
5.12 U2
7.24 Arcade Fire (Lollapolooza)
7.24 Dandy Warhols (Lollapolooza)
8.7 Bruce Sringsteen

Future

9.13 Bloc Party
9.20 U2

Already in the bag:

U2 x 3

...And You Will Know Us By The Trail Of Dead

Secret Machines (w/Autolux and Moving Units--take note of the former)

The Octopus Project

Karmella's Game x 2

Further on up the road:

U2 and Beck both play the same two nights in the Chi in September, but I didn't know that when I bought U2 tickets like fifteen months ago or whatever...I'll go to two shows, but I know not which ones, just yet.

Xiu Xiu

Sufjan Stevens

Sleater-Kinney

Interpol

nickypiemcg said:

:laugh:

Funny you should say that. I saw them two nights in a row in Anaheim last spring and was thinking how I could really see them every night and be very happy.

I could easily see them several nights in a row, or any artist I loved for matter. Few things make me happier than seeing my favorite people live.

What I could not do is wait in the GA line on consecutive nights. It nearly killed me when I did it just a few days apart. :crazy:

martha said:

:laugh:

Funny you should say that. I saw them two nights in a row in Anaheim last spring and was thinking how I could really see them every night and be very happy.

If I could, yes I would
If I could, I would... :yes:

nickypiemcg said:
i never understood how anyone could see a band day after day until i saw duran duran two days in a row. then i totally wanted to keep following them.

if i ever get to see U2 again i'd love to do the same thing; plus it'd help make up for lost time.

nickypiemcg said:

Why not?
:shrug:

i wouldn't do it personally, but if you can afford it...go for it. if i had a car, i'd have gone to see agnostic front 4 times in a span of 5 days earlier this summer. but i don't have a car...

joyfulgirl said:
I could easily see them several nights in a row, or any artist I loved for matter. Few things make me happier than seeing my favorite people live.

I did this for Bruce when he played a week at the Sports Arena in 1984 or whenever Born in the USA came out. I went four different nights with four different groups of people, so some of those nights must have been consecutive. I didn't suffer any. :D

Back
Top Bottom