What celebrities have you met?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG Dreadsox! I agree that is an awsome list....I actually heard the other day New Kids On The Block are planning a Comeback. I used to love them, copied their moves *singing - step by step...Oooooh baby!*

Bono
Ace Frehley
Gene Simmons
John Mayer
Keanu Reeves
Jeremy Piven
David Schwimmer
Derek Jeter
Beyonce
Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Alice Cooper
The Boss
Keith Richards
Jay Leno
Dave Mathews
Chelo/ Jyve V
Steven Tyler
Richie Sambora
Doug Ellen

Ben Edlund - Creator of The Tick

I forgot to mention I had met the guy who played the tick at a U2 karaoke party. I believe his name is Patrick Warburton.

onebloodonelife said:

How was he? I'd love to chat with him sometime. :lol:

Absolutely genuine and nice. Friends of mine had thei house used as Robin Williams house in Goodwill Hunting. He treated the family absolutely great.

elevated_u2_fan said:

Ben and I were in high school together. He used to draw our D&D characters for us all when we played D&D. Come to think of it he litterally got stabbed in the leg one time when we were playing. He also played clarinet in the band with me.

Fun Kid to hang with.

U2democrat said:
Dread pretty much pwned everyone here.

I worked for the Ritz Carlton Hotel COmpany. There are more...if I could get my brain cells to work.

Steven Spielberg - met him in 1994 and he signed my JAWS soundtrack album.

Al Jarreau
Pet Shop Boys
Cranberries
Garbage
Sir George Martin
Herbie Hancock
Joe Zawinul
Maynard Ferguson
Zubin Mehta
Engelbert Humperdink
Sandra Bernhard
Henry Rollins

I should mention that I met all the above in my previous capacity as production assistant to one of Israel's biggest impressarios.

Bono
Robert Plant
Pete Townshend
Bruce Springsteen
Edward Van Halen
Gary Cherone
Eddie Vedder
Mike McCready
Jeff Ament
Anthony Kiedis
Chad Smith
Iggy Pop
Nikki Sixx
Vince Neil
Tommy Lee
Mick Mars
David Bryan
Dee Snyder
Robert Urich
Penn Gillette

I like to go to book signings to collect autographed books, I consider those meetings because you usually get to at least say hello and sometimes get a handshake. I'll include athletes and politicians and musicians because others did, and because that's what I have met. And some local celebs.

Bono Edge and Larry, and I saw Adam from a couple of feet away
Bruce
Anderson Cooper
Bill Clinton
Hillary Clinton
John Edwards
Jimmy Carter
Rudy Giuliani
Ted Williams
David Ortiz
Curt Schilling
Red Auerbach
KC Jones
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Antoine Walker
Tedy Bruschi
Johnny Damon
Dorothy Hamill
Jerry Remy
Johnny Pesky
Hazel Mae :wink: she was incredibly nice

Wendie Malick from Just Shoot me walked past me on a street once, I thought I saw Ben Affleck once (if it wasn't him it was a guy who looked just like him), and once a guy who sounded just like Bruce Willis and has the same biuld walked past me in a park where I was walking my dog, he talked to my dog :wink: but I never got a look at him because he seemed to be hiding under a baseball cap (and I was trying to keep my dog from going after him, she's protective). I figured no way could it be him, what would he even be doing in my state- but a few days later I read in the paper that his brother was being treated for cancer here and had passed away.

tpsreports2424 said:
Bono
Ace Frehley
Gene Simmons
John Mayer
Keanu Reeves
Jeremy Piven
David Schwimmer
Derek Jeter
Beyonce
Lebron James
Kobe Bryant
Alice Cooper
The Boss
Keith Richards
Jay Leno
Dave Mathews
Chelo/ Jyve V
Steven Tyler
Richie Sambora
Doug Ellen

O yeah I forgot to add to that I was in a car with david ortiz, long story..

Dreadsox said:

Ben and I were in high school together. He used to draw our D&D characters for us all when we played D&D. Come to think of it he litterally got stabbed in the leg one time when we were playing. He also played clarinet in the band with me.

Fun Kid to hang with.

cool, in case you can't tell by my Avatars, I am a fan of his work...

Dreadsox said:

Absolutely genuine and nice. Friends of mine had thei house used as Robin Williams house in Goodwill Hunting. He treated the family absolutely great.

:up: Awesome! I like to hear that my visions of celebrities are true sometimes. It's always horrible to hear that some celebrity that seems like the nicest person is a complete ass.

Ian Rankin (author)
Aled Jones (singer)
Susan Sarandon (actress, obviously)
Adrian Edmondson (comedian)
The guitarist & lead singer of 'Panic! at the disco.'
All the members of 'Eisley'
The lead singer of 'Aiden'

Susan Sarandon was the best :love:

lazarus said:
Ian McKellen

Jealous! :sad:

I've only met The Edge. Bono passed by in front of me. I was in the process of being trampled to death by rabid fangirls, so I didn't get to shake his hand or anything.

PlaTheGreat said:
You took a picture with his right ear! :giggle:

:lol:

Yes. Every time I show people that picture, I say "This is me. This is The Edge's ear."

MrsSpringsteen said:
I like to go to book signings to collect autographed books, I consider those meetings because you usually get to at least say hello and sometimes get a handshake. I'll include athletes and politicians and musicians because others did, and because that's what I have met. And some local celebs.

Bono Edge and Larry, and I saw Adam from a couple of feet away
Bruce
Anderson Cooper
Bill Clinton
Hillary Clinton
John Edwards
Jimmy Carter
Rudy Giuliani
Ted Williams
David Ortiz
Curt Schilling
Red Auerbach
KC Jones
Larry Bird
Magic Johnson
Antoine Walker
Tedy Bruschi
Johnny Damon
Dorothy Hamill
Jerry Remy
Johnny Pesky
Hazel Mae :wink: she was incredibly nice

Wendie Malick from Just Shoot me walked past me on a street once, I thought I saw Ben Affleck once (if it wasn't him it was a guy who looked just like him), and once a guy who sounded just like Bruce Willis and has the same biuld walked past me in a park where I was walking my dog, he talked to my dog :wink: but I never got a look at him because he seemed to be hiding under a baseball cap (and I was trying to keep my dog from going after him, she's protective). I figured no way could it be him, what would he even be doing in my state- but a few days later I read in the paper that his brother was being treated for cancer here and had passed away.

I like your list.

I forgot Mo Vaughn.....Gary Hart....Oil Can Boyd

You met some on my list that I would want on mine.

AchtungBono said:

WOW....you met the Chairman of the board himself???
How was THAT experience??

I was in my early 20s

it was at a fund raiser for Democratic Senator John Tunney

after he sang about four songs

very impressive

His eyes were a deep blue

I was a bit intimidated

Dreadsox said:

Ben Edlund - Creator of The Tick
He also wrote a few really great episodes of Angel.

I ain't never met nobody.

I guess I talked to Daniel Lanois and challenged in question venue David Frum, the "Axis of Evil" speech-writer a few weeks ago.

My brother met Dave Chapelle in his gym, but didn't know him or how he was and just socialized him. He asked my brother how to get such a muscular back and it took a while before he found out this Dave guy was a celebrity, after watching people come up to him.

He also recently met Lou Diamond Philipps in the same gym and just didn't recognize him. He said both were really nice guys.

My brother's also met a lot of political figures.

I think when I was 8, and had just watched "Aliens" on VHS, I saw Paul Reiser get mad at my father for taking a parking space he was planning on moving into. He called my father a f__ing a__hole, and I got really scared he'd hurt my dad. Then again, I could be totally wrong.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom