What bumper stickers are on your car?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
I often think that you can tell a lot about a person, by what kind of stickers they have on their car. I like humourous ones and political ones. One of the funnier ones that I saw lately was on the back of a ute and it said 'yes this is my ute and NO I won't help you move!' and I also personally like the one that goes 'real Aussies drive utes!'. So anyway on the back of my car (well van) I have....

a purple 'Maton' guitar sticker (these are high quality Australian guitars and the type of instrument I own and play

triple J 'drum logo' sticker (alternative radio station, I would never be caught dead with a comercial radio station sticker on my car)

Greens party triangle 'No War' sticker (the greens are a political party and obviously they were opposed to the war in Iraq and so was/am I)

and I also have a long sticker on the side of my car on one of the windows that is green and says 'The peoples republic of Woodford' which is a reference to a large folk festival that I go to each year and it is basically like a mini city with loads of great music

and finally, on the back I also have one of those clear circular sun mandala stickers that a friend put on my car for me....

so what do you all have?????

~LadyLemon~ said:
my car is too cute to taint it with stickers :wink:

I thought the same thing about my car until I saw this beauty on ebay :drool: It's the only bumper sticker I'd ever put on my car.
33%3A%3A3%3B4323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E23233888979%3A3ot1lsi

All I have on my car is one of the Darwin footed amphibian thingies. Not only do I like it for me, but it's also fun 'cause it ticks off the "locals" :angel:

I wanted one of the "Forget the Radio" stickers (a Marty Willson-Pipers song), but it was a limited run, and I can't find any. (I'm not big on radio...in fact I just asked to do a survey about my radio listening habits over the past week -- and I hadn't listened at all!)

Last edited:
I have a Getaway Car band sticker and a number 35 which was there when I bought it...my friend said she put it on there back in high school when one of their friends died :(

we have one saying "Nissan Hurst Centre, Boucher Road, Belfast" that was stuck to the rear window when we got our car.

we drove past a car the other day and all along the dashboard there were little troll dolls/ random toy figures :lol: i think they were probably glued on because i dont think you could drive with that many toys stuck to the dashboard. :|

I have that same U2 sticker on my car and a LBC for Long Beach Cali. Hate is not a family value. I have the wordy kids playgrounds instead of bombs that is peeling off and it sucks cuz it looks like shit and I can't get it totally off. Time to find another one to cover it. I have a shiny Jamaican flag sticker too. One of my favs that I saw recently was "I maybe fat but you are ugly and I can go on a diet.":laugh:

I saw one a while back that said: "What if the hokey pokey really IS what it's all about?"

On my car, in the window, I have two U. of Oklahoma alumni stickers (one removable) and a removable Sierra Club sticker.

I DO NOT have any bumper stickers but saw one that I am seriously interseted in getting that I found at Spencer Gifts which reads.

"I am trying to see things from your point of view but it is hard to see with my head so far up my ass." Or something like that.

I have radio station stickers on my car in hopes of winning money.

26+6=1

Yes, This Is My Truck.
No, I Won't Help You Move.

He's Not My President (w/pic of, well, you know.)

Scotland's red lion rampant on yellow background

EMT identifier (reflective blue star on white)
HAZMAT sticker for oxygen tanks in my jump kit

"Trees are the answer" - from local arborist

Be Constructive - from my favorite western massachusetts lumber yard

NOHO (Northampton MA)

arw9797 said:

I thought the same thing about my car until I saw this beauty on ebay :drool: It's the only bumper sticker I'd ever put on my car.
33%3A%3A3%3B4323232%7Ffp67%3Dot%3E2328%3D777%3D59%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E23233888979%3A3ot1lsi

I have that same sticker on the Chev. Trailblazer...plus the plates read BTFLDAY

on the Toyota I have the Achtung Baby U2...with BOOMCHA on the plates...

and an American flag decal on each!

:up:

Last edited:
My Dad always told me not to put any on because no matter what you like or are for, somebody else hates it and might do something to your car. Like if they hate your football team, political candidate or radio station they might hate you. I have seen some very funny ones, and some that made me so mad I hated the person and felt they deserved bodily harm. No, I'm not going to list them because if somebody thinks they're funny I'd explode :censored:

If I could find a good U2 one I'd put it on.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:
My Dad always told me not to put any on because no matter what you like or are for, somebody else hates it and might do something to your car. Like if they hate your football team, political candidate or radio station they might hate you. I have seen some very funny ones, and some that made me so mad I hated the person and felt they deserved bodily harm. No, I'm not going to list them because if somebody thinks they're funny I'd explode :censored:

If I could find a good U2 one I'd put it on.

I'm the same way. My first car I had a U2 sticker, a Texas A&M (my university) sticker and a political sticker, but since then I have sworn off all stickers due to seeing some pretty awful things done to cars over expressing a political view, fave team etc. I've had friends who's car were vandalized with hateful remarks due to the fact that she had a school sticker on her car and she was staying the weekend in a rivals town. I also had a friend's tires slashed and the word "traitor" scratched in the side door because he had a bumper sticker speaking out against Bush.

Maybe I should have a sticker that reads "As long as their are idiots in this world, this will be the only sticker I own."

Of course I'm sure someone will think I'm talking about them and they'll bash in my windows.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I have sworn off all stickers due to seeing some pretty awful things done to cars over expressing a political view, fave team etc. I've had friends who's car were vandalized with hateful remarks due to the fact that she had a school sticker on her car and she was staying the weekend in a rivals town. I also had a friend's tires slashed and the word "traitor" scratched in the side door because he had a bumper sticker speaking out against Bush.

hmmmmm, this is amazing!!! I aint never heard of anything like this happening in Australia- so much for freedom of speach hey:scratch:

BonoVoxSupastar said:

I'm the same way. My first car I had a U2 sticker, a Texas A&M (my university) sticker and a political sticker, but since then I have sworn off all stickers due to seeing some pretty awful things done to cars over expressing a political view, fave team etc. I've had friends who's car were vandalized with hateful remarks due to the fact that she had a school sticker on her car and she was staying the weekend in a rivals town. I also had a friend's tires slashed and the word "traitor" scratched in the side door because he had a bumper sticker speaking out against Bush.

How awful! :down: Why do people have to be that way? It's sad, but it happens.

When I was a kid there was some kind of rivalry between the radio stations- the hippy types of the AOR rock station, the soul brothers of the R & B station and the rednecks of the country station. They started out by pulling off stickers of each other's station and replacing them with theirs. Then it grew into vandalism.

I've also heard of people doing crap to cars over the little boy peeing stickers. If people have one peeing on somebody's favorite ball team or NASCAR driver, especially if they had bumper stickers promoting their rival, they'd trash the vehicle!

Maybe I should have a sticker that reads "As long as their are idiots in this world, this will be the only sticker I own."

Of course I'm sure someone will think I'm talking about them and they'll bash in my windows.

I need one of those stickers too. :yes:

I had the opposite happen once on my old Datsun that had Grateful Dead and political stickers all over it. Mostly Dead though. :D

one day I noticed a small sticker *I* had not put on it had appeared on the back under the rear windshield wiper motor... the Grateful Dead smiling skeleton with a crown of roses, and text reading "We Are Everywhere"...

made my day!

Got "pulled over" by a cop once who wanted to know what the 26+6=1 meant. =P

other than that have not had anything evil wrought against my various vehicles over the content of the stickers....

Oops. Forgot the American flag on the truck. One of the older stickers on it actually.

OzAurora said:

hmmmmm, this is amazing!!! I aint never heard of anything like this happening in Australia- so much for freedom of speach hey:scratch:
When I met hub his big old Safari wagon had a sticker on the back window that said "We Need National Parks" it was parked in town one day and someone wrote on underneath that "bullshit".

The car I have now doesn't have any bumper stickers. It did come with a sun visor on the back window that makes it difficult to see properly when reversing. We trimmed the visor down recently and now you can see a sticker on the back window that says "Dealers You Can Trust" :eyebrow: It has to go.

Back
Top Bottom