What book should I read next?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tell me what book to read next.

• [i]Kafka On the Shore[/i] by Haruki Murakami

Votes: 5 12.5%
  • [i]Lucky Man[/i] by Michael J. Fox

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • [i]Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince[/i] by J.K. Rowling

Votes: 19 47.5%
  • [i]Possession[/i] by A.S. Byatt

Votes: 7 17.5%
  • [i]Death and the Penguin[/i] by Andrey Kurkov

Votes: 2 5.0%

• Total voters
I know it isn't on your list... but I hear "Life of Pi" is really, really good. I've yet to read it, but it's quickly reaching the top of my pile.

Possession isn't bad. I had to study it in OAC and so I'm a little bit bitter... I think I'd like the book had it not been shoved down my throat the manner in which it was. It's also got some pretty long, drawn out-ish sections that are difficult to get through. It's not Pride and Predjudice tedious, but it's difficult. I'd still recommend reading Possession before Harry Potter, though. Not a HP fan.

I say read Harry Potter, and then Possession. (I'm going to reread it on break!)

Unless you're in the mood for some look-at-me-I-teach-English writing right now, then read Possession. :) I skipped chunks of that book (the poetry and literary criticism got old) but it's a good one.

~unforgettableFOXfire~ said:
I know it isn't on your list... but I hear "Life of Pi" is really, really good. I've yet to read it, but it's quickly reaching the top of my pile.
#

That's one of my favourite books. :up:

Potter was great. I am interested in Michael J Fox's story but I read Devil in the White City by Erik Larson last year and it is remarkably good. I see it everywhere now in Target and places. I had to convince my best friend to read it, but now her husband is reading it and her sister in law is proposing her book club read it.

It was interesting and well written non-fiction.

READING IS FUN!

Carek1230 said:
I picked up Memoirs of a Geisha at the airport and it's pretty good.

Very good book ;) I read it last year and I'm gonna go see the movie tonight :)

On the poll, I voted Harry Potter because it's the only book I read between the ones you named. I think it's the worst episod of Harry that Rowling wrote till now. Only the scenes implicating Voldemort were entertaining.

May I suggest you, if you like fantastic books, Artemis Fowl by Eoin Colfer ? And if you like fiction and romantism, Interview with a vampire, by Anne Rice.

I'm struggling through Life of Pi... :yawn:

Angels and Demons is okay, if you ignore the :yuck: writing. Keeps you awake, at least. I'm reading Pride and Prejudice right now :cute: along with about 2343 other books. I have them all on my bed, too. :happy: There's never enough time... :(

edit: Damn, that was smiley heavy... *refrains*

ouizy said:
None of those - read Angels and Demons by Dan Brown.

Better than Da Vinci

I don't read much :reject: Just no time. I read DaVinci Code a year or two ago. Then I went out and bought the other Dan Brown books. While there are similarities between DaVinci Code and Angels & Demons, I did like the latter a lot. Would like to re-read DaVinci Code again, at least before the movie comes out in May... may have to hit up Mom-in-law to borrow the book again...

Oh, and never read the Harry Potter books, just not really that interested :reject: , but I have seen the movies with my daughter :shrug: And I don't recognize the others, so I voted for Michael J. Fox

Back
Top Bottom