What Book(s) Is/Are You Currently Reading?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Right now I'm in the midst of "Old Souls" - I cant remember the author offhand, but it's about children who remember previous lives, and I'm also reading "Don't Call Them Ghosts" by Kathleen McDonell. I' recently re-read Getting OVer IT by Anna Maxted, and have Salem Falls by Jodi Picoult ready and waiting. I really have started reading a lot again.

I am currently ploughing my way through all of Samuel Beckett's collected works, in between a spot of Tolstoi, while simultaneously skimming through Ibsen's plays (in the original Norwegian).

Haha, no actually I am just reading the Sunday paper.

The Lord of The Rings (for the umteenth time!):wink: I bought the illustrated version, the one that's illustrated by Alan Lee who worked with Peter Jackson on the trilogy, from Copenhagen at the end of July when I went to see U2 live in concert.

menelaos said:

Are you talking about LOTR..??
The most difficult about this one was to remember all the correct names...
I still want to read something about the history before the plot of the books...
That would be interesting...

No, the book that I'm reading right now is Big Bang: Origin of the Universe by Simon Singh.

I just finished Henry VI Part III, which I read for a drama exam. That wasn't a hardship for me, though, cos I love Shakespeare. And I especially love the historical plays :drool:

Although it can get very complicated trying to remember who all the dukes and lords and kings are, and which side everyone is on. I tend to have to make sure I've got our royal family's family tree to hand :D

And I'm also halfway through The Gun Seller by Hugh Laurie.

menelaos said:

Try to read Fermat's Last Theorem by the same writer....
I have read it and I must admitt that this pushed me to decide what studies I will follow...
Damn book....:mad:

I think this is the first and last book that I'm going to read of his! :lol:

I'm determined to finish this though since I started it.

U2Girl1978 said:

ETA: Can the mod change title by taking out is ? Thanks!

i say we leave it as a testament to the fact that you need to read more :evil: :wink: :p (there, that should be enough smilies for you to get the fact that i'm joking).

foray said:
God Knows by Joseph Heller

and finishing Maus, by Art Spiegelman

foray

I haven't read this one yet, but I read Maus II and loved it! It was the most moving piece of holocaust literature I've ever read.

Catman said:
A lot of various stuff by David Sedaris - I love his style :wink:

David Sedaris is my hero! I really want to introduce him to my high schoolers but I'm having difficulty finding a piece that a) shows his twisted brilliance in top form and b) would be considered "appropriate" for high schoolers.

I've just started reading a Danielle Steele book. That's right. Danielle Steele. :shifty:

It's my first though, so don't judge. ;)

I just finished Colm Toibin's 'The Heather Blazing'. Lovely, lovely book.

Currently:

Brian Friel - Collected Plays Vol. 1
Sean O' Casey - Collected Plays Vol. 1
William Trevor - The Story Of Lucy Gault
David Reynolds - One World Divisible: The World Since 1945

and a bit of Shakespeare and some criticism on the side.

hcbiggs2002 said:
The Lord of The Rings (for the umteenth time!):wink: I bought the illustrated version, the one that's illustrated by Alan Lee who worked with Peter Jackson on the trilogy, from Copenhagen at the end of July when I went to see U2 live in concert.

I have the illustrated version too... the edition that looks like a bible, covered with fabric :up:

Alan Lee :bow: he's one of my favorite illustrators :)

Back
Top Bottom