What Band's Name Do You Like?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
ska band, not a sky band.

just curious, what other ska do you listen to, if you're into madness?

hmm...let's see...names...

again, i can only think of names i don't like. like cock sparrer. guster. me first and the gimme gimmes. grand theft audio. green rode shotgun. ok, i admit i'm reading these off my cd rack...stabbing westward. mighty mighty bosstones. oh, and vertical fucking horizon.

school for the dead. i like that one. they're a local band. good stuff, even if their singer is a dick about playing all ages shows.

oh, and i hate skankin' pickle's name. not too fond of the music either...and mustard plug. big d & the kids table. lotta third-wave/ska-punk type stuff has crappy names. arrogant sons of bitches. streetlight manifesto is kind of a cool name, i like that one.

live. can't let that one go. lame name if i've ever heard one. of course thier original name was pretty crappy (public affection). chalk that one up to ed kowalczyk & company not being able to adequatly name stuff...

I also really like the names Jimmy Eat World, Guster, Vertical Horizon and Red Hot Chili Peppers. I don't like the names um.... The Foo Fighters and Thrice and Phish because of how it is spelled.

The Saddle Creek label has some of the best names on it...Bright Eyes, Azure Ray, The Faint...

I also love Whiskeytown.

Bonzo Dog Doo-Dah Band
Roger Ruskin ( yes...he's related to that famous painter) Spear's
Kinetic Wardrobe.
BiG GrunT
Captain Beefheart & His Magic Band
Wildman Fischer

Back
Top Bottom