what bands do you guys like more than U2 (If any)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Achtung_Bebe said:

wow I saw them in New Orleans at TwiRoPa back in 2003 I think it was. Excellent show :up:

:love: someday I'll see them... but not soon, haha, Efrim and the guys are paying more attetion to A Silver Mt. Zion... it's a great band but I highly prefer GY!BE

Jack In The Box said:

Efrim and the guys are paying more attetion to A Silver Mt. Zion... it's a great band but I highly prefer GY!BE

I feel I should emulate the :love: here

A Silver Mt. Zion are a relatively new discovery for me, and I'm very much liking everything I've heard so far :up:

I'd only ever belong to a forum if it was forum dedicated to my favourite band so U2 is my without doubt my favourite band.

I wouldn't be writing this otherwise...

Other bands I adore:

Stone Roses
Live
Oasis
Beatles
Stone Roses
INXS
Midnight Oil

beau2ifulday said:

I feel I should emulate the :love: here

A Silver Mt. Zion are a relatively new discovery for me, and I'm very much liking everything I've heard so far :up:

you should try all the GY!BE related stuff: Set Fire to Flames, Fly Pan Am, Esmerine and some others

I love anything that smells to GY!BE or to Efrim Menuck

U2 hasn't been my favourite band in a decade and a half or so, so there are a lot of bands I like better now. And I really haven't listened to them much in the past several years either -- they just aren't doing what they used to do for me. :shrug:

So here are some bands I really like that I've listened to a lot over the past couple of years.

The Church (my mostest favouritest band :D )
Steve Kilbey (yeah, I know. He's not a band, but I'm including solo artists here too. Plus he does a load of collaborative work I often really like.)
Gersey
Art Of Fighting
Wilco
Isidore
Remy Zero
I'm also really enjoying Martin Kennedy's work -- both in Big Spaceship and also with All India Radio.
Peter Gabriel

indra said:
U2 hasn't been my favourite band in a decade and a half or so, so there are a lot of bands I like better now. And I really haven't listened to them much in the past several years either -- they just aren't doing what they used to do for me. :shrug:

:up:

They arent doing what they used to do since the last album for sure.
Last night i dreamt Smashing pumpkins!I just remembered!:eyebrow: How strange is that???
I also like Moz, Smiths, Jesus and mary Chain,Placebo, Sude/Tears, Killers,,,,,the list goes on. Do i like them better than u2?I dont know. The glorious times like UF will always exist not to mention Boy and October. They are closer to me on these albums than ANYONE. But now...... :(

U2 is still my favorite band but I've kind of taken a break from them for now.

Other bands I like:

Arctic Monkeys
Remy Zero: I just discovered that they've broken up. :(
Interpol
Sigur Ros
Stereophonics
Benny Benassi
Ray Lamontagne
The Killers
The Editors

There's a bunch more.

Everyone's list is really great. :up:

Last edited:
I'll always be a U2 fan. Even if they were to put out crap albums, which they won't, I'd still listen to their 90s stuff more than anyone else.

A new band Mute Math is exciting me a lot though. Check out www.myspace.com/mutemath. Yes, they're that good.

Bands I like better than U2? Hmmm... The list isn't that long, but U2 definitely dropped a couple spots thanks to HTDAAB.

Mark Knopfler (Dire Straits + his solo work)
Queen
Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers
Red Hot Chili Peppers
and possibly Iron Maiden, but I think Maiden is about on par with U2 for me at the moment.

Really, though... Mark Knopfler's talent leaves pretty much everyone except Queen in the dust imho.

I'm not sure if i like them more, but I like them at least equally.

policeinicio.jpg

ILuvLarryMullen said:
I'm not sure if i like them more, but I like them at least equally.

policeinicio.jpg

Wow! They were soooo young there. :ohmy:

TOTO
DREAM THEATER
PINK FLOYD
DEEP PURPLE
DIRE STRAITS
THIN LIZZY
RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS
PEARL JAM
plus the guitarists JOE SATRIANI and STEVE VAI

:ohmy: So many??

:)

No, because U2 are in a special place which can't be reached
;)

U2 is deep in my heart for the long haul, and the rest of this list can change from time to time. Right now, I'm conjuring ones with similar sustainability on the playlist of my life.

REM
The Beatles
The Doors
A Perfect Circle
TOOL
The Flaming Lips
Coldplay

I actually don't even listen to U2 records anymore but I'm always happy to hear them when they come on (except the other day I was actually annoyed when Vertigo came on and I changed channels :reject: ) and I would still drive across many states, or get on an airplane, and stand in line from the crack of dawn for a good GA spot to see them, and I'll always love them.

But musically, I rank Radiohead, Wilco and Sigur Ros above them at the moment because I still listen to every one of their records a lot.

I can only put it in perspective of pre U2:

Led Zepelin
The Moody Blues
Pink Floyd
Bruce Springstein
Crosby Stills Nash & Young
Neil Young
The Rolling Stones

All this,
Then one day I heard... New Years Day..
end of story for favorite band, ever.

Even with the multitude of music I've love from then to now.
still, U2 is my #1 favorite :heart:

Back
Top Bottom