What bands/artists do you really, really, really

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
hmm...good question.

well, I'm kinda still a fan of the Spice Girls...:reject: ..but I know there are lots of closet Spice Girls fans out there!!

....man, that answer sucked. sorry. :lol:

HeartlandGirl said:
Good Charlotte

:ohmy: I would not have expected that answer in a million years! :lol:

I think for me... maybe George Michael and Phil Collins..? I love both voices esp. Michael!

This might sound odd to some of you. My answer would be Kate Bush because of my age and location. I try not to play her around other people because they might :eyebrow: :scratch: :shame: :banghead: and :rolleyes:
It's sad because especially around guys there might be this suggest made about me. It really is sad.

Gersey.

It's not so much that everyone else hates them, it's more that no one else even knows who they are or when I do play their music others just go "yeah. so?"

I only know one other person who also consistently rates them highly, and he's the one who got me listening to them in the first place.

Indra, I thought you were gonna name some other Aussie band....:wink:

As for me, I don't think it's wrong that I rate the Bay City Rollers highly :drool:

blueeyedgirl said:
Indra, I thought you were gonna name some other Aussie band....:wink:

As for me, I don't think it's wrong that I rate the Bay City Rollers highly :drool:

I remember the Bay City Rollers!! :lmao:

And I actually do know quite a few people who also dearly love that other Aussie band -- just not that many on this board -- so I figured they wouldn't fit so well. Besides I can't imagine anyone with even a gram of taste not liking them. :wink:

Zootlesque said:
:ohmy: I would not have expected that answer in a million years! :lol:

Hehe, me neither! It took about two years before I would admit to myself that I liked every Good Charlotte song I heard. Finally, I swallowed my pride and bought "The Chronicles of Life and Death." And I freely admit that I think it's a really good album. :yes:

It's too bad GC has this bizarre stigma attached to them because 'kids' listen to them. Reminds me of the stigma My Chemical Romance has now (whose second album I adore). Just because 13-year-olds listen to a band doesn't mean that band sucks. Same thing goes for Death Cab for Cutie. Once they were played on The O.C. and signed to a major label, "indie" fans really turned on them.

Bottom line, people like what they like. If you're going to let other people's opinions of what's good dictate what you listen to, then you're missing out. I'm glad I decided to go against the norm and get that GC album.

Whoa, mini rant! :rant: :D

The majority of artists I listen to, my friends either don't know or think is terrible. I recently bought 5 cds while in town with my friend and then went to his house. His mother and cousin(13 year old girl) looked at them, his cousin laughed, and his mother thought they were great. Yes that felt really good.............

The majority of my friends think I'm crazy and have shit music taste for not loving rap music......

Screwtape2 said:
This might sound odd to some of you. My answer would be Kate Bush because of my age and location. I try not to play her around other people because they might :eyebrow: :scratch: :shame: :banghead: and :rolleyes:
It's sad because especially around guys there might be this suggest made about me. It really is sad.

Yep, that sounds odd to me, if any of your friends ridicule you for listening to Kate, methinks it is they who need to rethink their taste in music!

Oh! And early 70s Chris de Burgh. I hate 80s Chris de Burgh just as much as everyone else.

Queen Bee said:

Siiiiiiigh. I constantly get ridiculed for this one.

:heart: ABBA :heart:

i'm going to remember this. not like you don't have plenty of dirt on me...

i liked that one five for fighting song. the one with the tree. yeah, i have no idea either. but i liked it. it makes me homicidal now. and that superman song can rot in hell.

the only good charolette song i like is "little things." i hate it, but i still keep the song around on my computer and listen to it once or twice a year.

fall out boy really aren't as bad as they should be. they suck, but they've got a couple songs i enjoy.

tim mcgraw, toby keith, mainstream country stuff.

some people mock me for liking the alkaline trio, but their last two albums were excellent.

Goo Goo Dolls and Blink 182... :reject:

but for Goo Goo Dolls, it's pretty much only their old stuff (Superstar Carwash, Hold Me Up, A Boy Named Goo)

Probably quite a few, but here's a couple:

Self, Fountains of Wayne, System of a Down, The Offspring

To name a few which don't seem to have much respect with anyone I know. There's probably others depending on the people in guestion.

indra said:

I remember the Bay City Rollers!! :lmao:

Me too. I couldnt be a fan though because my little sister was. So I was into T.Rex, Slade & Elton John.
B.C.R's invented Punk! Well not quite, but The Ramones were influenced by them.

Back
Top Bottom