What Artists Are You Getting Into? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2004, 12:35 AM   #1
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:46 PM
Big Grin What Artists Are You Getting Into?

Now I don't mean neccsarily new bands but ones you just got into yourself not too long ago. Or just got into them much more. Please name them.

For me:

1. Muse
2. Collective Soul
3. The Who
4. Queen

Old 07-03-2004, 12:36 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

And Metallica and Pearl Jam!

Old 07-03-2004, 01:32 AM   #3
Jesus Online

Local Time: 12:46 PM
Modest Mouse

Come September/October there will be a band called The Institute which I will hopefully be in love with.

Old 07-03-2004, 01:55 AM   #4
Blue Meth Addict

Local Time: 07:46 PM
Hmmm, at the moment:

Manic Street Preachers
Mogwai
Old 07-03-2004, 02:30 AM   #5
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:46 PM
Sea Ray - I saw this band live several times opening for a band I have loved for many, many years, and they are awesome. I bought their cd and just in the past couple of days have learned they are heading back to the studio to record a new cd.

Isidore - a collaboration of a member of Remy Zero and a member of The Church. I knew I would love it ever since I heard the very first Isidore song, Transmigration, but they just released the album, and I have been playing the hell out of it. With any luck they may tour the US (oh please!!!).

Remy Zero - well, since I love Isidore I thought I would give RZ a try too. And I am ever so glad I did. I love their Villa Elaine cd. Golden Hum is also good, but VE is just wonderful! Unfortunately, RZ is now defunct.

Sleepwell - another offshoot of RZ. Two former members of RZ form Sleepwell. I just got the self titled release today and have been playing it pretty nonstop all night. Not what I would consider a great album to play at night if you want to sleep well, as it is really quite dark, and unsettling, but I am really enjoying this!

Art of Fighting - a friend intorduced me to this band last year and I really enjoy them a lot. Only one release, but it gets loads of play at my house! I heard they are actually better live than on cd....that would be amazing.

Gersey - I bought one of this band's cd's based on a review by the singer of The Church (and Isidore), and I must say that man has good taste! I love it, and have since purchased their previous album and a couple of singles as well (pretty much everything they have out except their first ep, which has proven quite elusive!). I would love to see this band live sometime. I believe they are supposed to be working on a new release or will be soon.
Old 07-03-2004, 02:46 AM   #6
MacPhisto's serving wench

The Delgados
Snow Patrol
Modest Mouse
Interpol
Joy Division
Morrissey
Old 07-03-2004, 05:41 AM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Location: In a dimension known as the Twilight Zone...do de doo doo, do de doo doo...
The Alarm
Crowded House
Peter Gabriel
Squeeze (and speaking of Squeeze, I've also heard a couple of songs off of that new album of Glenn Tillbrook's-some good stuff. I particularly like "Untouchable" )
Big Country
The Fixx

Some of these artists I've heard more from than others, but I like everything I have heard by them all thus far, and definitely am planning on checking them all out further. I'm wanting our family to take a trip up to the nearby cities again soon so that I can look around for some of these artists' CDs. In the meantime...downloading spree! .

Angela
Old 07-03-2004, 06:25 AM   #8
Blue Meth Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by indra

Isidore - a collaboration of a member of Remy Zero and a member of The Church. I knew I would love it ever since I heard the very first Isidore song, Transmigration, but they just released the album, and I have been playing the hell out of it. With any luck they may tour the US (oh please!!!).

Remy Zero - well, since I love Isidore I thought I would give RZ a try too. And I am ever so glad I did. I love their Villa Elaine cd. Golden Hum is also good, but VE is just wonderful! Unfortunately, RZ is now defunct.

Sleepwell - another offshoot of RZ. Two former members of RZ form Sleepwell. I just got the self titled release today and have been playing it pretty nonstop all night. Not what I would consider a great album to play at night if you want to sleep well, as it is really quite dark, and unsettling, but I am really enjoying this!
Please tell me Remy Zero's singer is in one of these bands. I didnt know Remy Zero had broken up I only have the Golden Hum album, which I really loved (it was quite the find when I came across them 3 years back)
Old 07-03-2004, 09:07 AM   #9
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:46 AM
I also like Villa Elaine better than the Golden Hum...but I thought RZ lacked something live.

Anyway, I guess the bands I've gotten more into recently would be:

U2 (again)
The Zutons
Hope of the States
Regina Spektor
The Killers
Old 07-03-2004, 09:47 AM   #10
New Yorker

Quote:
Originally posted by meegannie
I thought RZ lacked something live.
the ability to blink...???
Old 07-03-2004, 10:24 AM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:46 AM
Since the wait for you-know-what is long, I got into

Bruce Springsteen
Crowded house
Beautiful South
Beatles (additionally)
Old 07-03-2004, 10:53 AM   #12
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by jkayet
the ability to blink...???
Old 07-03-2004, 12:59 PM   #13
Refugee

Location: I live in colombia, with a box of watercolors and butterflies in my tummy
cypress hill (again) and the stuff of dj muggs
guns n' roses ... remembering things...
white zombie
deftones...
Old 07-03-2004, 03:29 PM   #14
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 09:46 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by u2popmofo

Please tell me Remy Zero's singer is in one of these bands. I didnt know Remy Zero had broken up I only have the Golden Hum album, which I really loved (it was quite the find when I came across them 3 years back)
Well, he's not in either of those groups, but he and his brother (who was also in RZ) also have a new album just out. Check out their website at Excavation Records for more info. The new project is called Spartan Fidelity and the cd is titled Excava-11. There are some mp3's to download for free. From the site you can also order the cd via traditional means or you can order a download of the entire album or individual tracks (you have to use PayPal for the downloads). ....I might just go take a listen myself....

Oh, and if you get the chance make sure to pick up Villa Elaine!
Old 07-03-2004, 04:05 PM   #15
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Franz Ferdinand
The Killers
The Smiths/Morrissey
Lone Justice/Maria McKee
The Stooges/Iggy Pop
The Runaways