What Artists Are You Getting Into?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cute Irish Bono

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Now I don't mean neccsarily new bands but ones you just got into yourself not too long ago. Or just got into them much more. Please name them. :)

For me:

1. Muse
2. Collective Soul
3. The Who
4. Queen

Sea Ray - I saw this band live several times opening for a band I have loved for many, many years, and they are awesome. I bought their cd and just in the past couple of days have learned they are heading back to the studio to record a new cd.

Isidore - a collaboration of a member of Remy Zero and a member of The Church. I knew I would love it ever since I heard the very first Isidore song, Transmigration, but they just released the album, and I have been playing the hell out of it. With any luck they may tour the US (oh please!!!).

Remy Zero - well, since I love Isidore I thought I would give RZ a try too. And I am ever so glad I did. I love their Villa Elaine cd. Golden Hum is also good, but VE is just wonderful! Unfortunately, RZ is now defunct.

Sleepwell - another offshoot of RZ. Two former members of RZ form Sleepwell. I just got the self titled release today and have been playing it pretty nonstop all night. Not what I would consider a great album to play at night if you want to sleep well, as it is really quite dark, and unsettling, but I am really enjoying this!

Art of Fighting - a friend intorduced me to this band last year and I really enjoy them a lot. Only one release, but it gets loads of play at my house! I heard they are actually better live than on cd....that would be amazing.

Gersey - I bought one of this band's cd's based on a review by the singer of The Church (and Isidore), and I must say that man has good taste! I love it, and have since purchased their previous album and a couple of singles as well (pretty much everything they have out except their first ep, which has proven quite elusive!). I would love to see this band live sometime. I believe they are supposed to be working on a new release or will be soon.

Last edited:
The Alarm
Crowded House
Peter Gabriel
Squeeze (and speaking of Squeeze, I've also heard a couple of songs off of that new album of Glenn Tillbrook's-some good stuff. I particularly like "Untouchable" :))
Big Country
The Fixx

Some of these artists I've heard more from than others, but I like everything I have heard by them all thus far, and definitely am planning on checking them all out further. I'm wanting our family to take a trip up to the nearby cities again soon so that I can look around for some of these artists' CDs. In the meantime...downloading spree! :yes: :D.

Angela

indra said:

Isidore - a collaboration of a member of Remy Zero and a member of The Church. I knew I would love it ever since I heard the very first Isidore song, Transmigration, but they just released the album, and I have been playing the hell out of it. With any luck they may tour the US (oh please!!!).

Remy Zero - well, since I love Isidore I thought I would give RZ a try too. And I am ever so glad I did. I love their Villa Elaine cd. Golden Hum is also good, but VE is just wonderful! Unfortunately, RZ is now defunct.

Sleepwell - another offshoot of RZ. Two former members of RZ form Sleepwell. I just got the self titled release today and have been playing it pretty nonstop all night. Not what I would consider a great album to play at night if you want to sleep well, as it is really quite dark, and unsettling, but I am really enjoying this!

Please tell me Remy Zero's singer is in one of these bands. I didnt know Remy Zero had broken up :( I only have the Golden Hum album, which I really loved (it was quite the find when I came across them 3 years back)

I also like Villa Elaine better than the Golden Hum...but I thought RZ lacked something live. :slant:

Anyway, I guess the bands I've gotten more into recently would be:

U2 (again)
The Zutons
Hope of the States
Regina Spektor
The Killers

Since the wait for you-know-what is long, I got into

Bruce Springsteen
Crowded house
Beautiful South
Beatles (additionally)

u2popmofo said:

Please tell me Remy Zero's singer is in one of these bands. I didnt know Remy Zero had broken up :( I only have the Golden Hum album, which I really loved (it was quite the find when I came across them 3 years back)

Well, he's not in either of those groups, but he and his brother (who was also in RZ) also have a new album just out. Check out their website at Excavation Records for more info. The new project is called Spartan Fidelity and the cd is titled Excava-11. There are some mp3's to download for free. From the site you can also order the cd via traditional means or you can order a download of the entire album or individual tracks (you have to use PayPal for the downloads). ....I might just go take a listen myself....

Oh, and if you get the chance make sure to pick up Villa Elaine!

meegannie said:
I also like Villa Elaine better than the Golden Hum...but I thought RZ lacked something live. :slant:

I was impressed with their live performance....lead singers voice, I mena, to pull that off live. Anyway.

I am waiting for someone to tell me more about the Killers album.

well???

Pearl Jam
ever since I bought their DVD - Live from Garden, I just can't stop listening to them, I guess I didn't pay much attention to their lyrics before, but now they strike more than they would before, I think
actually, right now I'm listening to their "Riot Act"
:)

Modest Mouse, The Walkmen, Neutral Milk Hotel, Belle and Sebastian, and Franz Ferdinand even though I've been listening to them for a while now.

"In the airplane over the sea..."

Back
Top Bottom