What are your St. Patty's Day plans? (2007)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Utoo

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
What are your St. Patty's Day plans?

I'm headed to my friend's pub---Ireland's Four Courts in Courthouse, VA---for some Guinness & lunch, then having a poker night to watch the Georgetown game over some Guinness, chips, and (hopefully) a big pile of money in front of me.

What are your St. Patty's Day plans?

Anyone doing Kegs & Eggs?

going out for my sister's birthday

the only reason i don't hate st.patricks day is that we always get a day off. lie in on monday. :drool: i get this impression people think we trot around head to toe in green, having huge parades, etc.

I'm not a drinker and that's not what St. Patrick's Day is for me anyway. It's too cold and snowy where I live to go to a parade or do anything else outside. So I'll probably be shoveling a foot of snow or whatever it ends up being while wearing my green :hyper: Happy Spring Maybe I can use some green food coloring and make the snow green..

Usually I watch some of the 24 hour St. Patrick's celebration on QVC :reject: I love Irish products. And I try to listen to some U2 and other Irish music.

Going to the B.O.B. downtown to see a U2 tribute band play at Bobarino's. The B.O.B is the "big old building" that's got a bunch of bars/pubs, restaurants, and clubs.

We don't celebrate St. Patrick's Day in Germany ;)
And the people I normally hang out with are on their holidays.

Nothing really.

In fact I tend to avoid going out on New Year's and St. Paddy's because there are too many people out there who get out-of-control drunk and don't know how to enjoy the holiday responsibly.

I usually get together with friends to enjoy things where, if we get out of control, we can stay over and be safe. And even if we're ok to drive, we can stay over and be safe from the other drunks.

We're in the middle of a snowstorm here, so I definitely won't be going out. I'll probably curl up with a few stoudts and some U2 DVDs instead :wink:

I'm also going to attempt to make corned beef and cabbage tomorrow. We'll see how that goes...

I am going to NYC.

Going to see Rangers versus Bruins.

Going to see U2 Tribute band!

Gonna hang with Interferencers.

Re: What are your St. Patty's Day plans?

Utoo said:
I'm headed to my friend's pub---Ireland's Four Courts in Courthouse, VA---for some Guinness & lunch,

I was there 2 weeks ago! My company has an office in Arlington, and my first boss always brought us there. Now everytime I go to Arlington I go there. I love that joint.

Top of the mornin' to ya!

“May you always walk in sunshine. May you never want for more. May Irish angels rest their wings right beside your door.”

Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!
stpaddy.jpg

Well since I couldn't get a video camera, I'm just going to play out the video idea I had anyway. Gaelic Storm had a contest, asking fans to create a video for their "Kiss me, I'm Irish" song. My idea was to put a shirt on my dog, and walk him around downtown, and record as teh public embraces, pets, and kisses him. Then take him to the bar in town that lets dogs in, and stage a barfight.

Of course, it is rainy today. If it rains tomorrow this won't happen. but if it does, I'll be sure to post pics.

:notobsessedwithmydog:

Re: Re: What are your St. Patty's Day plans?

UberBeaver said:

I was there 2 weeks ago! My company has an office in Arlington, and my first boss always brought us there. Now everytime I go to Arlington I go there. I love that joint.

Yeah, it's a great place. Best pour of Guinness in town. Unlike Siné in Pentagon Row, where your Guinness is poured half an inch below the rim of your glass. :tsk:

I wish I lived in walking distance...I'd be there all the time.

Nothing. Everybody here drinks every weekend anyway.

Wasn't Guinness invented by an Englishman who moved to Ireland because it was cheaper to produce it there? Or am I insane?

wearing my green shamrock shirt, maybe have a little Baileys :drool: other than that, not much. I'm part Irish but even that can't compel me to go spend the day in downtown Chicago fighting all the drunks. so I'll be green and listen to U2 and that'll do me just fine :D

^HBD Zoobaby!!

I'm home, cooking the traditional Irish corned beef fare, enjoying some Guinness, listening to some U2 & watching Irish travel videos thinking about my Ireland trip this fall!

anitram said:
Nothing. Everybody here drinks every weekend anyway.

Wasn't Guinness invented by an Englishman who moved to Ireland because it was cheaper to produce it there? Or am I insane?

Insane :wink:

Nah, he Arthur Guinness was born in County Kildare

:nerd: I only know bc I went to the St. James Gate Brewery this summer.

But he essentially stole the recipe from an Englishman, did he not? I've heard this many, many times from English friends....

Canadiens1160 said:
Saturday night.
Habs vs. Leafs.
Holy shit I'm going to be plastered.

I'm doing the same as you! (except for the plastered part and I'm watching it on RDS while you're probably going in person!) and for those that don't know, that's a hockey game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom