What Are Your Plans For The 4th Of July?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tiny dancer

Blue Crack Distributor
Just wondering how everyone is planning to spend the day? I have the day off from work for once. I'll be going to to a picinic being with family & friends. Then everyone is coming over to my house to watch the fireworks later in the evening. Sure hope it doen't rain.

I already went to the fireworks in Philly on the river Sunday night. I don't know about Wednesday.

Going to my cousin's house (they won't be there) to use their house and their pool. Just my parents, grandparents, and some friends I've invited. It's supposed to thunderstorm anyway.

As much as I hate to do it I think i'm going to go clothes shopping :angry:

Other than that for probably the first time ever I have no plans for the 4th...my new job(s) leave me with no energy to do anything :shrug:

I'll sit upon my fton porch with a frosty beverage and a good book watching all the beach-goers and drunks making their way to the sand and enjoy the same fireworks display from the front yard as they'll see but with no crowd! Then once the OB Pier fireworks are over I'll run to the backyard to catch the SeaWorld fireworks and go to bed for I am working Thursday then off Friday :)

I think I will BBQ also, my son and some friends will probably be stopping by.

I didn't even know it was July :uhoh:
I guess I'll get me some sparklers and those things that spin around and set things on fire.

Probably go out to lunch or dinner to celebrate a certain someone's birthday and watch the fireworks at night from our traditional spot :)

In the 6 years I've been living in the US, I think I've only watched a 4th of July fireworks show once (when I was on vacation on Hawaii).

It's so odd to me to have firework shows in the middle of summer, when the fire risks are at it's highest.

And no fireworks at midnight on New Year's Eve, took some getting used to too.

:wink: Just relax. watch the Boston Pops on Tv! I love that..music and fireworks, but no crowds!!:yes: :applaud: And Happy 4th of july everybody!! Well....those celebrating in the USA!

I am going to my family's camp on the river for a cook-out. And then the day after, I am doing a surprise party for my best friend!

I live within sight of this:

So that'll be part of the nighttime activities, as usual.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom