what are your favorite things about interference.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dr. zooeuss

War Child
with no intention of opening a can of worms, but every realization that i'm probably doing so... ;-)

i'm thinking about subscribing (ie paying) to a u2 forum for the first time (weird timing i realize between tours, but i just enjoy discussing music in general) and it's between here and u2.com...

wondering if anyone cares to share their thoughts, experiences as far as why they like interference.com...

in general i've liked being here, but lately feel like there's alot of cynicism and sarcasm, which in and of themselves i don't mind so much, but lately they seem to be standing in the way of interesting discussion..

thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts.

Jay

Last edited:
I've never been here during albums coming out or a tour starting, but it's been alright. I imagine it can't be as bad as some of the discussion here right now.

I enjoy the people here more than anything, to answer your question.

phillyfan26 said:
I enjoy the people here more than anything, to answer your question.

:yes: Exactly! I've been posting/visiting this website for... God! like 5 years now! (my old and present user id's combined) and it's such a great community to discuss not only U2 but other music and several other topics with! I have more friends here than in real life, which I'm sure many members here relate to. Sure, there are arguments, bitchiness, sarcasm etc. but let's face it, this is the internet! And I don't visit any other forums but from what I've seen, this site has by far the best smilies and emoticons ever! There is no comparison! Smilies may seem trivial to some people but in my opinion they are a BIG part of the ways in which we try to express ourselves. Plain text just doesn't cut it. And Interference has the greatest smilies in the world. Blue Crack FTW! :wink:

My 10 points, I decided to focus on the positive aspects:

1. I, too, LOVE emoticons. I really learned how to use it here.
2. My English has improved so much because of this board
3. I got to know a lot of really wicked people, but some are really nice
4. Many topics and discussions are really interesting, sometimes I just read without taking part and learn a lot and get really curious about many things
5. I like it as a community of people from all over the world
6. Got me interested in music from different bands/artists, I learned a lot about music in general
7. Has me updated on U2 news frequently and quite fast; it's also a very active board, there's always a lot going on
8. Some people and some topics here make me laugh really hard, that's a good thing
9. There is a lot of solidarity, people helping each other out, like with audio files, bootlegs etc. I think that's great
10. It's dedicated to U2, that's the best thing about it :wink:

Am probably one of the longer term forum users (think i was on the forefather to this site too)
I found there was a far better buzz about ATYCLB and Elevation tour than HTDAAB and Vertigo tour. I like the time wen its all about to come off. I used to get such a laff in the chatroom back in the early days. For the most part.....its a good bunch of people on here, not shy in helping out if need be.

there was once a post where a guy came in here just asking nonsense questions such as "what kind of sunglasses does edge wear in the vertigo video?" and it was probably the funniest post i've seen...i don't know if im striking anybodys memory here...

My favorite thing is the people. I've met probably 150 people here over the nearly 6 years I've been a member. Some people I've gone on road trips and concerts with repeatedly and done things with having nothing to do with U2. Lots of people have gone out of their way to help me get to shows, shared a place to shower or crash, and hooked me up with tickets. People have offered to send me CDs and DVDs just b/c they enjoy sharing them. I've never once felt uncomfortable or unsafe meeting "strangers" from this forum and all my experiences with Interferencers have been positive.

I like having so many people that are all so different but at least have one thing in common.

U2 aside, there are some really intelligent people here that represent the entire spectrum of beliefs and experiences. I'd gladly pay the $12 per year for FYM alone.

the people. all of the other forums are pretty dull and not many people post that often.

thanks everyone, i appreciate the feedback.

i started coming here a few months back after getting really annoyed with U2.com, but it's admittedly just the "free board" where all discussions are lumped in together..

the 2002-2003 zootopia was incredible- had many sections and subsections, etc available to everyone...

interference reminds me of that much more.

one more question- what are the benefits of subscribing here (besides PM and getting to post an avatar?)

cheers- !

I like the size and the multitude of forums (which you don't have to pay to post in -- that's one of my favourite bits, even though I am signed up for premium). If all you want to do is discuss U2's music -- you can do that; if all you want to do is drool over the way members of U2 look -- you can do that; if all you want to do is play games and post in chat threads -- you can do that; if all you want to do is discuss tv, movies, and celebrities -- you can do that; if all you want to do is discuss politics, etc. -- you can do that; if all you want to do is discuss music other than U2 -- you can do that. And if you want to do all the above (and even more) -- you can do that too. :) There are several forums I love and several I have no interest in at all. There is usually plenty going on in the ones I love to keep me interested. I also like the journal feature.

And I really like that I can type fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck and it doesn't get **** out. :D

Premium gives you a few more bells and whistles than the standard membership, although the standard membership is quite sufficient for most posting. The search function is most likely my favourite premium feature. I click on the "View New Posts" link (just above the list of the day's birthdays) all the time. It allows me to see what posts throughout the board have had recent replies. Great for keeping up with fast moving threads.

You can also have a sig line and a custom blurb right under your username. And another of my fave bits is you can see the number of people ignoring you. :D Unfortunately, you can't see who is ignoring you now :grumpy: but we can always hope.... :D

There are also so things to do with posting/viewing images and attachments that are easier if you are premium, but I don't remember what those are. Sorry. I'm sure there is a list somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

gman said:
How much in Scottish Poundies does it cost?

~8.90 British Pounds (per year//divide by six if you go monthly)... apologies if Scottish is different, only British was listed on the converter I found.

indra said:
I like the size and the multitude of forums (which you don't have to pay to post in -- that's one of my favourite bits, even though I am signed up for premium). If all you want to do is discuss U2's music -- you can do that; if all you want to do is drool over the way members of U2 look -- you can do that; if all you want to do is play games and post in chat threads -- you can do that; if all you want to do is discuss tv, movies, and celebrities -- you can do that; if all you want to do is discuss politics, etc. -- you can do that; if all you want to do is discuss music other than U2 -- you can do that. And if you want to do all the above (and even more) -- you can do that too. :) There are several forums I love and several I have no interest in at all. There is usually plenty going on in the ones I love to keep me interested. I also like the journal feature.

And I really like that I can type fuck fuck fuck fuckity fuck and it doesn't get **** out. :D

Premium gives you a few more bells and whistles than the standard membership, although the standard membership is quite sufficient for most posting. The search function is most likely my favourite premium feature. I click on the "View New Posts" link (just above the list of the day's birthdays) all the time. It allows me to see what posts throughout the board have had recent replies. Great for keeping up with fast moving threads.

You can also have a sig line and a custom blurb right under your username. And another of my fave bits is you can see the number of people ignoring you. :D Unfortunately, you can't see who is ignoring you now :grumpy: but we can always hope.... :D

There are also so things to do with posting/viewing images and attachments that are easier if you are premium, but I don't remember what those are. Sorry. I'm sure there is a list somewhere, but I'm too lazy to look for it.

thanks Indra- I found that list- it shows up for non-members if you hit the subscribe button and click through a page or two... (advertising, gotta love it)

..didn't realize i could post that avatar (thanks Pepokiss)... more people than i thought must be non-members..

Lemonade Stand, and sharing music/film dicussion with some good people.

When there's a U2 tour going on, that the most exciting time to be in the U2-related areas, and also a good resource for dates and GA-info.

General U2 discussions are usually mind-numbing though for several reasons, and I've pretty much stopped participating in such.

Back
Top Bottom