what are your favorite things about interference.com?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love this board because of the lively and intellectual discussions we have.

We can discuss anything from the piercing in Britney's navel to the crisis in Darfur with the same people.....

We all have different opinions about different things and I greatly admire the intellect and intelligence of the posters here who argue their points in a constructive way.

In short, I love the "Hyde Park" atmosphere and the free flow of discussion and exchange of ideas.

It's also been a means for me to get to know a lot of people from different parts of the world - and that's always a plus.

Finally, just as you don't have to be Jewish to enjoy Gefilte fish and chicken soup, you don't HAVE to be a U2 fan to enjoy it.........:wink: :wink:

GREAT question.

The people are entertaining, there's always some e-drama to laugh at somewhere and there's always SOMEONE who will know the answer to your question. :up:

For the U2 part:

We seem to have the very latest within seconds of it happening, and I love it when six months later someone posts a story from u2.com saying something we found out six months ago. :lol:

For the rest:

The people, the relaxation to some extent, great topics, people who can and will help you which is great, and I spose pleba and ooc are great for people who can actually keep up with them. I can't. I'm on here for like 30 mins a day tops, every day there'sa a new pgp or temple bar.

Oh yes indeed ... the people alone, make being here at Interference. :up:

They can help you 'pass the time away' and 'feel better' (especially when you're not having a good day) :bow:

For the people! Have made some lifetime friendships through this site :). Never had a bad experience with meeting someone in person either.

I was lucky enough to have joined during the beginning of the Vertigo tour too. Loved being able to read other members concert experiences and to share mine. Oh and Im a sucker for these smilies :wink:

Space Moon™ :heart:

Oh, and the variety of non-U2 discussions available. I've discovered a lot of new bands thanks to this site and for that I'm grateful.

The fact that this site is still very much active in between albums and tours tells you all you need to know. The people are, for the most part, intelligent, witty, funny, insightful and just plain nice. There's always someone around that's willing to help a fellow in need.

I've been here for more than seven years now, and it's one of the first sites I visit after a major news story breaks, just to read what people's reactions are.

Interference :love:

dr. zooeuss said:
one more question- what are the benefits of subscribing here (besides PM and getting to post an avatar?)

Premium members are entitled to:
Use all public forums (posting and reading)
View members info/profiles
Download attachments
View attached pictures
Search the forum
Can use 'email to friend' feature
Can post attachments / pictures
Can post polls
Can use Private Messaging
Can use Message Tracking
Can View Who's Online
Can have a custom status line
Can Store Photos in the Gallery (Great for sharing Tour photos, as well as any other photos you want to post on the forum!)
... as well as other present and future features.

well I joined about 5 years ago but didn't start actively posting until late last year. the people here keep me coming back, some I've gotten close to, some it's just been enjoyable to interact with. the variety of topics on the boards is what makes it fun. I think sometimes I prefer the oddball topics to the U2 ones. and if anything gets too serious or heated, you have the choice to leave or just not post. :up:

I joined close to s6 1/2 years ago as zonelistener. I joined to get info/meet fellow U2 fans at a show. I finally got to meet my first Interferencer about six months later (Sulawesigirl), and was HITCHED into the site after that.

I have probably met more interferencers than any other member (or at least I am in a pretty tight "race" with BAW and Mr. BAW), and have to say that it is the members of this community that is my favorite thing.

:D:up:

:wink: i love interference.com cuz I can come here in Lemonade Stand and play those bubbles!!! Hee.....lol! And I LOVE Pleba! i venture into other forums every once and awhile, but these two are my faves so I can keep an eye on the guys and their fans!!:yes: :sexywink: :up:

You know what really got me hooked?

("What???" screams the crowd...)

After actually meeting some of the people in person that I saw or talked to on here. That got me posting more. I think I spent about a year lurking before I really posted.

So, short answer....the peeps.

The music & the great people! Compared to other music sites I visit, Interference is certainly the most all-encompassing, in terms of people having a true passion for bands other than the one in the spotlight. :up:

Oh, and of course, the drunk photo thread. :heart:

Inside Broadcast and the Inside Broadcast thread in ZC. I love those a lot more than I should. :uhoh: :D

serenaded? sounds like a story..

Space moon, drunk photos, crazy train, i have little idea what you're talking about, but the imagination runs wild... :wink:

JCoster, don't know what that face meant but nice Bono photos!

cool to see all these answers- thanks again everyone, and thanks Sicy for posting that list..

so far Everything you Know is Wrong, Lemonade Stand and the Bang and the Clatter are where I've done 99% of my posting

virbrant personalities, the chance to chat with people across the globe, and the flashes of brilliance in FYM.

Back
Top Bottom