What are your favorite "Novelty" songs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AchtungBono

Refugee
Every few years, a song comes out that is really not meant to be taken seriously and have become MASSIVE hits for whatever reason. I have many favorites over the years but I'd like to know yours too:

1. Disco Duck - Rick Dees
2. The Ketchup Song - Las Ketchup
3. Macarena - Los Del Rio
4. The Streak - Ray Stevens
5. The Dancing Gnome - David Bowie
6. My Ding-A-Ling - Chuck Berry
7. Shaddup-you-face - (unknown)

That's all I can think of right now but I'm sure I'll think of more.

:D :coocoo: :lmao:

Japanese Boy- Aneka

Mister, can you tell me where my love has gone?
He's a Japanese boy.
I woke up one morning and my love was gone,
Oh, my Japanese boy, ooh,
I miss my Japanese boy.

I can't help but sing along and I shamelessly love it.

Blue- Eiffel 65...sorry please don't me, but I really do still like it:p

There are plenty more...oh yeah Dragostea Dintei I think is how it's spelt....aye i'm going to get hurt now.

O-Zone - Dragostea Din Tei (Numa Numa)

and pretty much anything by Weird Al Yankovic.

"Baby Got Back" is AWESOME. I don't know if it's a novelty song, though. It's just a testament to women who aren't stick-skinny! :wink:

I confess to having a soft spot for "Who Let the Dogs Out," because they used to play it at the baseball stadium all the time in 2001, when the Seattle Mariners had such an amazing season.

How about the oldie (but a goodie) "They're Coming to Take Me Away (Ha Ha)" by Napoleon XIV? (I think that's the right "artist.") That one always makes me laugh, although you rarely hear it.

Or, of course, "Fish Heads."

Did anyone else grow up listening to the Dr. Demento radio show?

Oh man, I had that 45. It had the radio version, and then the version with the narrator giving a timeline of Mozart's life.

It naturally concluded with: "1985. Austrian singer Falco records ... ROCK ME AMADEUS (amadeus! amadeus! amadeus!)."

Baltimora - Tarzan Boy

:drool:

And in case you haven't heard this wonderful tune...

http://www.you sendit.com/transfer.php?action=download&ufid=1783E8F166946FF7

Last edited:
Would "Walk Like An Egyptian" by the Bangles qualify as a novelty song? It's got a dorky dance to go with it and everything!

I love that song. :reject:

I also have fond memories of skating to "Disco Duck" at the local roller skating rink in the '70s when I was still in elementary school.

(Edited to add I just thought of another one I love - "King Tut" by Steve Martin. I still remember one of my older brothers coming home with the 45 single and playing it on the stereo in the living room. My baby sister was just beginning to toddle about a little and she grabbed the edge of the big wooden cabinet the stereo was in and bounced up and down like she was dancing).

Last edited:
Born in Arizona
Moved to Babylonia

Born in Arizona
Got a condo made of stone-a!

King Tut!

RavenBlue said:
I'll admit it. I really liked (and still like) that Blue Da Ba Dee song.

:drool: I wish I could find my old Europop CD...

Does The Real Slim Shady qualify as a novelty song? :wink:

mahna_tms.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YevYBsShxNs&search=Mahna Mahna

:love: :dance: :love:

i fucking LOVE 'teenage dirtbag' by wheatus.
not sure if it qualifies, tho.

if not that tune, then my fave is the Benny Hill Show Themesong. it's a frequent player in my automatic internal accompanying theme music generator.

Back
Top Bottom