What are your favorite FAN websites for artists/bands besides U2?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
i like mine for duran duran :wink: [khanada.net]

for duran duran, i also like http://www.durandurantimeline.com
very comprehensive history site.

for japan, i love nightporter

and new order's got a good fansite too: http://www.neworderonline.com

hmmm...i can't think of any other music sites i go to. i love inxs but there's not really any good sites around anymore, most of them have closed their doors or are now just a michael hutchence tribute site. their official site, http://www.inxs.com is good though.

*semi-shameless self promotion* ;)

This is my Ryan Adams quotes and banter site. I have put countless hours of work into it, but it's a labor of love. I was compiling this for my own kicks, but I decided to make it public in case others would enjoy it...and they do. :)

http://come_pick_me_up.tripod.com/

From Bonochick's site:

"Fuck you - I make more money in two days than you do in a year."

"I did the Gap ad because who says no to $30,000 an hour? I don't! I'm sorry if that's selling out, so be it. Yes, I sell out. I do Gap ads so that I don't have to work in a factory. Also, I don't mind their clothes."

"I turned [Cold Mountain] down because they said, 'Well, you can come to Romania, and you can have three or four lines, and you get to play a banjo made out of a pumpkin.' I'm like, 'Fuck you, man.' I make that money in two gigs."

"I don't make a ton of money doing this; not that I care."
Priceless.

I recently found a neat (though ugly) Doors site that has amazingly thorough overviews of their first two albums (so far). Not my "favorite site EVAR!", but still neat.

u2popmofo said:

Murmurs and greenplastic.com as well.

Paul Westerberg: Man Without Ties

(I'm not sure if that's a fan site though -- he doesn't have an official record-company website, so this fansite is considered the official site. If that makes any sense?)

The Replacements: The Skyway

Robyn Hitchcock: The Glass Hotel

The Jesus and Mary Chain: april skies

Last edited:
alia612 said:

Paul Westerberg: Man Without Ties

(I'm not sure if that's a fan site though -- he doesn't have an official record-company website, so this fansite is considered the official site. If that makes any sense?)

To me it makes sense. One of the sites I mentioned above (Shadow Cabinet) was for several years the de facto official site for The Church, as they didn't have their own or a record company site (hell, some of those years they didn't even have a label). They even put Shadow Cab's addy on a couple of their cds.

KhanadaRhodes said:
i like mine for duran duran :wink: [khanada.net]

Very nice site, Khanada! :up: I was looking at your cd collection... no depeche mode? thought you liked them. And no pic of you? The tattoos look good though. Oh, last question :wink: what's Khanada???

Muse: MuseLive.com
Coldplay: Coldplaying.com/org

am without a good Led Zeppelin or Manic Street Preachers one really, although removables.co.uk is interesting

Zootlesque said:
Very nice site, Khanada! :up: I was looking at your cd collection... no depeche mode? thought you liked them. And no pic of you? The tattoos look good though. Oh, last question :wink: what's Khanada???
thanks! yeah, that cd collection is way outdated, i've not updated it in about two years methinks, but no i don't own any depeche. i like them though, i just never got around to buying anything. :shrug: i think i may put that on my list though as if i don't buy cds for a while i start going through withdrawals. :crack:

nope, i didn't post any pics of me on my site because i've had this site going since the late 90s and i didn't want any creeps drooling over pics of me when i was 14. i've just continued the trend i guess! thanks for the compliment on the tattoos. eventually i will get a fifth one, i just need to figure out where! maybe on the inside of my ankle or my shoulder or something :hmm:

oh, and khanada is a duran duran song. i was registering at dd's forums and i wanted a dd-themed name, and i wanted it to be feminine because i was tired of being confused for a guy. :huh: so i thought rio was too obvious, so i picked khanada. i tacked the rhodes on at the end because of nick rhodes. :wink:

Coldplay: Coldplaying.com
A Perfect Circle: the now defunct aperfectcircle.org, but aperfectcircle.net is pretty damn good too.

Best of the best though...

Tool: toolshed.down.net

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom