What are your favorite Christmas treats?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

u2_girlie_2002

War Child
There's cookies, cakes, loads of goodies...what are your favorites to eat or make this time of year?
(was inspired to post by the donut thread :))

Peanut Butter Blossoms and Cherry Cheesecake bites here :)

:drool:

I make tons of candies and cookies for my friends but my fave is the chocolate pizza and rum truffles....they actually turned out pretty good this year :drool:

Sausage balls or cheese biscuits (they're called both)... bulk sausage, shredded cheese & baking mix (Bisquick, etc) rolled into little balls & baked about 20 minutes @ 350 Farenheit. :drool: :drool: :drool: I made some for my office a week or two ago & there wasn't a single crumb left at the end of the day. :up:

BluRmGrl said:
Sausage balls or cheese biscuits (they're called both)... bulk sausage, shredded cheese & baking mix (Bisquick, etc) rolled into little balls & baked about 20 minutes @ 350 Farenheit. :drool: :drool: :drool: I made some for my office a week or two ago & there wasn't a single crumb left at the end of the day. :up:

Sounds yummy!

My guess the sausage is browned first before rolling them into balls.

(we need a food forum) :drool:

There's this stuff here at the office called Peppermint Bark.
I think its the best thing I've ever eaten :drool:

Those orange-shaped white chocolate things that you have to whack on a table in order to eat. I forget what they're called, but they're delicious. Also, the holiday season milk and white chocolates from Lindt. :drool:

My friend just brought us a big box of chocolate covered pretzel stix--pretzel logs dipped in caramel & chocolate and then rolled in nuts & mini choc chips. :drool:

homemade fudge

Chex mix

Grandma's rum balls (she's a bit arthritic and her eyesight is failing so the rum level varies every year) :drunk:

date-nut pinwheels

You know what else is good & and the colors are just right for Christmas. Cranberry or Sour Apple Martinis--we coat the rims of our martini glasses with colored sugar. :drool:

Home made fudge
Rum cake
and I make a mean little white cookie -- something like the Archway nutty nougat cookies -- I misread the recipe the first time I made them, but it turned out so good I just keep making them the screwed up way! :)

Yum yum yum yum!

and I also loved the bourbon balls my former neighbor used to make but haven't had them in years. Their family got religion (the bad kind too -- frowns upon alcohol and push to convert heathens like me :rolleyes: -- so the bourbon balls are just a distant happy memory....

nbcrusader said:

Sounds yummy!

My guess the sausage is browned first before rolling them into balls.

(we need a food forum) :drool:

We DO need a food forum.... :hmm: "Take This Food & Make it Bake"????? :lmao: (OK - so I'll never win a "Name the New Forum" contest! :huh: )

Anyway, NBC, you don't cook the sausage first. You mix everything raw & it fully cooks in the oven. Let me know if you want the recipe. I'll even throw in my super secret technique for making them mix easier! :ohmy: :laugh:

BluRmGrl said:

We DO need a food forum.... :hmm: "Take This Food & Make it Bake"????? :lmao: (OK - so I'll never win a "Name the New Forum" contest! :huh: )

:lmao:
that would be really cool actually!
who watches Food Network? ;)

I agree with the previous mention of chocolate covered pretzels...:drool: those are always the end of me...

toblerone.jpg

My preference is the top one, the milk chocolate :drool: I recommend eating this one most of the time, but there will be an occasion (or two) where you may indeed become fatigued from its overwheming goodness. When that stage sadly arrives, I suggest going with the dark (just to change up the gears on the taste buds so you can return to its brilliance in the final stretch of the season).

Of course, for the ultimate change-up, there's the white version--which is pretty decent for a third alternative. And it does provide the ultimate in contrast to the milk chocolate original.

angelordevil said:
toblerone.jpg

My preference is the top one, the milk chocolate :drool: I recommend eating this one most of the time, but there will be an occasion (or two) where you may indeed become fatigued from its overwheming goodness. When that stage sadly arrives, I suggest going with the dark (just to change up the gears on the taste buds so you can return to its brilliance in the final stretch of the season).

Of course, for the ultimate change-up, there's the white version--which is pretty decent for a third alternative. And it does provide the ultimate in contrast to the milk chocolate original.

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom