What are you scared of...a phobia thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
What are you afraid of?

I have a highly illogical fear of swans. I won't go within 2 feet of them--I'm scared they'll break my femur.

I'm also a bit wary of falling from heights and flying bugs (i.e. June Bugs creep me out). As well as circus people and clowns.

Michael Jackson

Aliens (I think people call them "greys", they look freaky, plus I dont want to be anal probed)

Castration

Last edited:
I can't look out of a window after dark...I have to shut all the blinds and curtains in the house, especially in the bathroom.

When I was a kid, I was afraid of the blimps, robots and fire.

spiders :no:

i'm terrified of spiders. black widows, my god...and all those legs...ew.

just thinking of spiders made me put my feet up on a chair. i'm scared :(

just step on them. hard. those lil fuckers scare me too.

*shudders*

--forgetting/ losing my mind
--michael jackson
--purposly cutting yourself. i can watch movies where people get stabbed, and hacked to death with meat cleavers and butcher'sknives, but the thought of slitting your own wrists makes me quite sick. i feel kind of sick now...

and spiders. not any insects (unless they're large bugs found in tropical climates), and excluding daddy long legs...

Last edited:
red meat--cooked or raw.

centipedes.

cats with claws

giving blood from my arm requires a few people to drive me to the dr office, carry me into the office, and then hold me down while the needle is being stuck in me. Strange how I get an allergy shot every week without a second thought......hmmmm.

Heights (but I don't mind flying)
Loud sudden noises...(car backfire, fireworks, popping balloon, thunder)
The sound of airplanes flying overhead (I always have dreams that they are crashing)
Clowns
Those lifelike porcelin dolls (they just stare at you no matter where you are in the room)
Ventriliquist dummys (they might start talking on their own)

Most bugs, snakes, and wind...God, wind really makes me panic. I don't know why. Even last week, we were having a meeting outside for work, and the wind kicked up...I could feel my heart beating faster, and I was shaking a little.

icelle said:

:yes: x a million

and

Bathophobia- Fear of depth

The thought of the middle of the ocean scares me, as does the thought of being at the bottom of a canyon or deep hole.

and this:

Decidophobia- Fear of making decisions

I sort of have these (the first is even named after me!):

Megalophobia- Fear of large things

Just REALLY huge things, not elephants or anything like that, but whales and things like that (only in pictures or models where they're compared to other animals or people or objects and you can see how huge they are) and abnormally large objects, like GIANT flags.

Tocophobia- Fear of pregnancy

Not a fear of pregnancy entirely, but a fear of an accidental pregnancy, even when it's ENTIRELY impossible. :reject:

needles. especially the spot in your arm where they love to draw blood from.
anything coming near my eyes. i have to go put my contacts on.
portapotties.
persistent fear that i will be using a q tip in my ear and someone (potentially a terrorist) will jam the thing into my brain.
ninjas.
bees.

these arent debilitating. just persistent.

kobayashi said:

anything coming near my eyes. i have to go put my contacts on.

Me too. I wear contacts, but I have a huge fear of getting hit in the eye with something. They always have to do the glaucoma test several times on me because I blink too much.

persistent fear that i will be using a q tip in my ear and someone (potentially a terrorist) will jam the thing into my brain.

:lmao:

Ahem. I mean, I'm sorry. That must be very difficult for you. :|

By the way....

"Directions:
If used to clean ears, stroke swab gently around the outer surface of the ear, without entering the ear canal.

Warnings:
Use only as directed. Entering the ear canal could cause injury. Keep out of reach of children. "

:shame:

I think looking out of windows at night is creepy too BAW :uhoh:

Spiders :scream: Any kind of bug actually, larger than a fly freaks me out.
Flying :no:

And a fear of losing the things/people that are important to me... especially when everything is going so well.

Back
Top Bottom