What are you scared of...a phobia thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I?m afraid of losing my cat when she is in the balcony with half of her body out (not to mention, when last summer I found her on the edge of the window and I live in a fifth floor so far
:no: :scream:

i, like kobesan, am scared i will get bumped whilst cleaning my ears. oh, and i'm afraid of getting bumped while drinking from a water fountain. it happened to my mom and knocked her two front teeth out (she got them replaced).

swings. in fact, i attempted to quell this fear this weekend and almost began crying :(

you know when you swing really high and you think that the chain may come off the swing? yeah, that happened to me :mad:

Sicy said:
I think looking out of windows at night is creepy too BAW :uhoh:

Spiders :scream: Any kind of bug actually, larger than a fly freaks me out.
Flying :no:

All the above, plus

Hospitals- I will not enter one unless I have to for my own health or someone is having a baby or on their death bed/ in hospital for long time.

Needles/ Surgery

thats it for me that I can think of!!!!:yes:

spiders. I can't even think about spiders without getting scared. I have a dream about once a week or so where I see a spider somewhere on my bed and wake up screaming :slant: I'm also afraid of death and me or anyone I know getting cancer. :|

Ali Rose has a story that will freak everyone out :crack: :crazy:

Too bad she gave up interference for lent :angry:

Sicy said:
Ali Rose has a story that will freak everyone out :crack: :crazy:

Too bad she gave up interference for lent :angry:

i could tell the story...but it freaks me out.

we have poisonous spiders here....so i try not to think about it.

spiders and most bugs...i don't know why, just cause they're creepy and little and they could, i don't know...hurt me? they just scare me *shudders*...i have a story...a spider the size of a golf ball crawled on my face one time when i was at a friend's lying down by the fireplace...i screamed so loud...:crack: x 1 000 000...

other than that...nothing much...

Heights (there's a reason I'm less than 5 1/2 feet tall!)

The dentist (really bad tooth experience *shudder*)

Losing people close to me

did I mention snakes?

I was scarred for life by this BBC docu where they showed snake after snake after snake pouring out of a hole and wriggling on the ground. Must have been thousands.

i am quite fearful of paralysis as well.
in grade seven we, the students of edenwood junior high, gathered in the gymnasium to watch an educational video on spinal cord injuries. one scene in particular is burned into my memory. the video had a video montage featuring wham's (or maybe just george michael...who cares) 'i'm never gonna dance again' set to images of teenagers wearing halos, wrecked cars, shallow rivers where someone had dove off, parents, siblings and friends crying.
it was the scariest thing ive ever experienced.
then it happened to a friend of mine:(...but she is a lot stronger than me:)
regardless, to this day i cannot listen to that song.

Originally posted by IWasBored
i'm afraid of president bush

So am I.

Hell, I'm afraid of a lot of people within our current government.

Some people mentioned Michael Jackson-yep, he freaks me out, too.

Also agree with bonosloveslave, who said nuclear war...yep.

And as for the spiders people-yep, another person to add to the list here.

I am absolutely terrified of spiders.

It doesn't matter how big or how small they are...they scare the bejesus out of me. There was a little one crawling on my computer desk the other day, and I backed away from the desk and had my sister kill it (pretty much anyone else in this house but me kills spiders-my dad kills them with his HAND...I'm afraid to touch them with a shoe, no way would I touch them with a bare hand!).

I'm either in another room completely or in another part of a room whenever a spider's crawling around.

And then there was the time when I was little where I was in the tub and my sister was in there and she screamed and I turned around and looked behind me and came face to face with a pretty good-sized spider crawling on the wall right behind me-didn't know if it was going up or down, didn't take the time to find out, I screamed bloody murder and jumped out of the tub and did not get back in until my mom killed it and got rid of it.

I can't even look at spiders on T.V. or in books-I cover my eyes when they're on the screen, and if they're in a book, I just hold onto the very corner of the page and flip it quickly so that I don't have to see it anymore.

Even their name creeps me out. I mean, just think about it: spider. I dunno, I think it's just the way it's spelled that's creepy to me.

Daddy-long-legs freak me out the most. Those things are just...ick...*shudders*.

It's just...an insect's legs should not be that long, there shouldn't be that many legs, they shouldn't be as hairy as some of them are...just...yuck.

Anywho, on to another topic that's less disturbing...

I get a kick out of the fact that there's actually a phobia for fear of phobias. That's hilarious.

Angela

Moonlit_Angel said:
and if they're in a book, I just hold onto the very corner of the page and flip it quickly so that I don't have to see it anymore

:ohmy: I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! i am SO proud if i can bring myself to touch even a picture of a spider in a book! i turn the page so i can stop thinking about them...*shudder*...and shoes are in no way enough distance between you and it...i can't make myself kill 'em with shoes either...and let's not even DISCUSS using a tissue...:no:

Stories for Boys said:
:ohmy: I THOUGHT I WAS THE ONLY ONE!!! i am SO proud if i can bring myself to touch even a picture of a spider in a book! i turn the page so i can stop thinking about them...*shudder*

You do that, too, eh?

Wow-I thought I was the only one as well.

Originally posted by Stories for Boys
...and shoes are in no way enough distance between you and it...i can't make myself kill 'em with shoes either...

Exactly.

Plus, they can stick on the bottom of the shoes and everything and it's just...ick.

Okay, I'll stop there before I gross both you and me out.

Originally posted by Stories for Boys
and let's not even DISCUSS using a tissue...:no:

Oh, I know! Tissue...uh-uh, no way...

Angela

kobayashi said:
i am quite fearful of paralysis as well.
in grade seven we, the students of edenwood junior high, gathered in the gymnasium to watch an educational video on spinal cord injuries. one scene in particular is burned into my memory. the video had a video montage featuring wham's (or maybe just george michael...who cares) 'i'm never gonna dance again' set to images of teenagers wearing halos, wrecked cars, shallow rivers where someone had dove off, parents, siblings and friends crying.
it was the scariest thing ive ever experienced.
then it happened to a friend of mine:(...but she is a lot stronger than me:)
regardless, to this day i cannot listen to that song.

You saw that video too... everytime I hear that song that's all I can remember. I had to watch it during driver's ed... maybe everyone in Canada had to watch that.

I'm afraid of being comatose...

We've got the goddamn worst spiders here and I hate them all. Every single one of the bastards. Hate them. My fear of them makes me almost pass out. Huntsmens are the ugliest damn things ever put on this earth. They freak me out in every possible way. I hate them all.
:mad:
I never thought I was scared of snakes til there was a King Brown in my neighbour's backyard and I didn't see it until I was about 10 feet from the :censored:. I hate them all too. I want them all to die.
I am also petrified of heights. Irrationally so. I cannot climb a ladder, watch someone else climb a ladder or watch height scenes in movies. My fear here encompasses the whole lot. Every aspect of heights scares the crap out of me. Since 9/11 I have had nightmares 3-5 times a week seeing those poor souls falling/jumping. It stops me sleeping properly.

Angela Harlem said:
We've got the goddamn worst spiders here and I hate them all. Every single one of the bastards. Hate them. My fear of them makes me almost pass out. Huntsmens are the ugliest damn things ever put on this earth. They freak me out in every possible way. I hate them all.
I never thought I was scared of snakes til there was a King Brown in my neighbour's backyard and I didn't see it until I was about 10 feet from the :censored:. I hate them all too. I want them all to die.
I am also petrified of heights. Irrationally so. I cannot climb a ladder, watch someone else climb a ladder or watch height scenes in movies. My fear here encompasses the whole lot. Every aspect of heights scares the crap out of me. Since 9/11 I have had nightmares 3-5 times a week seeing those poor souls falling/jumping. It stops me sleeping properly.

Ick. Gross.

Snakes have never bothered me.

Then again, I've never encountered one.

Samralf, tornadoes scare the crap out of me, too.

Which really doesn't help, considering I live in Tornado Alley.

I mean, my god, you see the pictures of that gigantic tornado that hit Oklahoma City...what a nightmarish sight...

Cujo, you said every time you heard that song in that video you guys are talking about (the song is "Careless Whisper", and I think it's by Wham, I'm not sure), that that video is all you can remember.

That's kinda the way it is with me and the song "Someday We'll Be Together"-I saw a Night Visions show one time where this girl had bought this car that was haunted by the ghost of a girl who had had an affair with her husband.

The woman he had an affair with had killed herself when he went back to his wife, and I can't remember all that happened, but eventually the guy's wife died, too, and he's holding her in his arms as her body's dangling out of the car.

Well, while that's going on, the radio comes on by itself, and it plays the only song that was ever played in that car-"Someday We'll Be Together"-apparently, that was the song that this girl who the guy had had an affair with listened to, in the hopes that one day he'd be all hers, and while that song's playing at the end, the words of the title are scrawled across the foggy windshield.

Anywho, it was a creepy story, and anytime I hear that song now all I can think of is that episode...*shudders*.

You know another thing that used to scare me as a kid and still scares me to this day?

PSAs-you know, the ones with the creepy music (or even worse, the haunting silence) and the scary images (like one time when I was little, there was one PSA for Save The Children, and they showed a picture of a little baby with its eyes really bugged out-that image was freaky)-every time I see one of those, if I'm alone somewhere I can't get it out of my head and I get freaked out.

Angela

Back
Top Bottom