What are you passionate about? - Page 2 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Old 01-05-2005, 09:40 PM   #16
New Yorker
Local Time: 11:59 PM
History...it's something people pay so little attention to and at such a great risk!

Books--I can't ever get enough to read. And after reading all year at college, I can't wait to come home and read "regular" things.

Movies--I'm a terrible Hollywood junkie too, I don't like to admit it, but I am.

Animals--especially my dogs.

I guess travel would be one, but I haven't been outside the U.S. yet! But I'm desperate to see the places I've read about.

I wish I could be more passionate about my writing--I love it, and my papers are flawless, but I'm not convinced anything non-scholarly I write is worth reading.

Anything Lord of the Rings. *cough*geek*cough*

Old 01-05-2005, 11:07 PM   #17
love, blood, life
Local Time: 02:59 AM
The Church -- yeah, I'm pretty much as groupie as they're gonna get now....

My animals -- currently horses, dogs, and cats (many, many cats). Have met very few animals I don't like. Wish I could say the same for humans.

Art/fine craft -- making (I do glass -- stained glass and fused), buying (mostly blown glass, turned and carved wood, and paintings/pastels from a favourite artist ), and promoting (I help put on three art and craft shows a year, and am now beginning to do some art rep. work -- currently only for the above mentioned fave artist, but would like to expand that in time).

Old 01-05-2005, 11:34 PM   #18
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 06:59 AM
stock market
Old 01-06-2005, 12:34 AM   #19
Rock n' Roll Doggie
smelling the flowers while I can

travelling, spending times with the people important to me
Old 01-06-2005, 12:36 AM   #20
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 08:59 AM
Old 01-06-2005, 12:37 AM   #21
War Child
Local Time: 06:59 AM
music in general
my guitars
my computer
my boyfriend
Old 01-06-2005, 12:37 AM   #22
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 07:59 PM
contemporary art ( as in living artists and not dead warhols )

pop philosophy ( i don't profess to be an expert but I like making intuitive jumps and connections between things )

books ( i used to work for the library and it fulfilled every fetish of mine re: books, eg I got to brush the dust off the entire book collection with squirrel bristles )

tori amos

Old 01-06-2005, 01:00 AM   #23
Local Time: 08:59 AM
Im just passionate about everything that i do.

Yep, everything!
i guess.....

Old 01-06-2005, 01:55 AM   #24
life , cars
sex , love , movies
the world
Fed ex - i paid for 24 hour delivery , they said 4pm , i was at home 1230 pm , they delivered the package , put a sign on my door and took a package somewhere outside this galaxy , and i paid for 1st day delivery , i'm passionate about them , about fedex , it's a shame
Old 01-06-2005, 02:35 AM   #25
Jesus Online
Local Time: 05:59 PM
art books
warm weather
first cup of tea in the morning
<a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v196/angelaharlem/thPaul_Roos28.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v1...aul_Roos28.jpg</a>
Old 01-06-2005, 02:38 AM   #26
The Fly
Local Time: 04:59 PM
Music, art, peace and justice.
Old 01-06-2005, 04:03 AM   #27
Blue Crack Addict
my faith
some sports
current events
chocolate, unfortunately
Old 01-06-2005, 05:46 AM   #28
Blue Crack Addict
Local Time: 01:59 AM
I have to say I'm am probably most passionate about my music. I always have to have it on at least in the background....I truly am amazed at the ability that music has to reach and personally touch people...it's the language of the heart to me.

I'm also a huge bibliophile. I love reading just about everything and I'll go through spurts where I will accumlate all of one author's books or a ton of books on the same subject. Right now I am really falling in love with Pablo Neruda's poetry...

I'm also one of those wierd people who'd like to think that they can change the world.... I'm very passionate about humananitarian issues such as global AIDS and human rights and whatnot. Amnesty International, Oxfam...all that kinda stuff.

Photography....it's amazing how someone can see the same thing I do but capture it in this beautiful way. Black and white photography is my favorite. I've gotten an SLR camera and have taken a few classes but being a broke college student I can't really afford the film and developing....

Travel. I have been to Egypt, Greece, Jamaica, Canada, India and Japan. I really want to go to Ireland and Russia though. I love learning foreign languages...and although I'm not great I do speak a bit of Spanish, French and Italian...plus alot of dirty Russian words

Writing. I wish I was more passionate about it becuase my family and friends think I have a talent for it but to be honest I have about zero confidence in myself on that one...

Spirituality really fascinates me too....I won't get started on that or I'll be here all day...
Old 01-06-2005, 05:55 AM   #29
love, blood, life
my boyfriend
kitty cats
New York City
music journalism
Old 01-06-2005, 05:58 AM   #30
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Local Time: 03:59 AM
Originally posted by MrsSpringsteen

chocolate, unfortunately

the things i enjoy in life, i love with abandon:

books -- i always have at least two or three on the go at once, and i frequently stay up waaayyy past my bedtime because i can't just put the book down. loved reading since i was a tot.

history -- my first love, sparked by my mom buying me 'the diary of anne frank' when i was 8, culminating with my bachelors degree in modern european history

cuisine of all types -- my best friend and neighbour in law school is originally from india, and she got me hooked on all sorts of indian delicacies. thai, greek, french, german, chinese (real chinese food, not greasy egg rolls)... i taught myself to make my own veggie sushi. and let's not even mention the chocolate. and the cheesecake. and....

tea -- i am a tea slut. i have so many different kinds of tea that i could probably open my own shop at this point. my favourite: tazo chai.

music -- obviously, U2, but i also love angry girl singers, international music, jazz, house

shoes -- the higher the heel, the better. (i don't want to know what they're doing to my back--ignorance is bliss)

my driving passion in life is international human rights, especially the legal aspects (that's why i went to law school). women's rights, in particular. the politics of oppression, gender, poverty, AIDS, racism.

writing -- when everyone in university was moaning about essays, i was having the time of my life. i love the research process, and the writing process (even though it's elusive and eternally frustrating by times). when i had my first article published (about international sex trafficking in southeast Asia), it was the best moment of my life.

learning new things

when i have a little cash at my disposal, i plan on becoming a hardcore travel junkie.

oh, and i love a good nap.