What are the things I should know about taking care of a car?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
ok, i know that your supposed to check the oil like every three thousand miles. anything else? my car overheated today. i dont know what the radiator looks like. i think i saw it, but the hood was too hot. i couldnt get it opened without burning myself. im kinda clueless about cars.

You should check the radiator resevoir every so often. Make sure there is water/antifreeze in there. If there is in there, there should be some in the radiator. If there's none in there, you need to take the radiator cap off (when the car is cool) and check to make sure there's fluid in there.

You should keep your tires rotated every like 5000 miles I'd say. Just look at the front ones to see if they are wearing around the edges.. more so than the back then you'd need to get them switched. Also check your tire pressure. You can get a cheap tire pressure guage for like $2 at an auto supply store. It should say on your tire what the max air pressure should be. Keeping your tires at the right pressure will save you from buying new tires too soon, and/or possibly save you from a tire blowout.

I check my oil every couple weeks to make sure I'm not losing any. I will add a quart myself in between oil changes because my car seeps oil.

I would take your car to one of those drive through oil change places when its time. They check for a lot of other stuff while they're changing your oil which is cool... they've saved me some money by catching problems before they get to an advanced stage.

Cars are a big pain in the ass.

well, i got my car home. i ended up driving it home VERY SLOWLY. the radiator has a hole in it:|

now i have to find out if putting this thing called stop-leak into the radiator will work for a bit. i'll have to put that in so i can at least get it to the repair place.

icelle said:

now i have to find out if putting this thing called stop-leak into the radiator will work for a bit. i'll have to put that in so i can at least get it to the repair place.

I've used it before...worked well!

Hmmm...:scratch:...well, I drove around for about 3 days before I could get a real fix...it was still holdin' up, but I just wanted to get it fixed ASAP.

:lmao:

Cleasai is one of those guys whose car "accidentally" runs out of gas in the middle of nowhere when he's on a date. :wink:

Alright who told :madspit: Next you're gonna tell everyone about my "arm up the sleeve" trick

aw damn I just gave it away

Back
Top Bottom