What are the best & worst movies you've RENTED this month?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gina Marie

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
I'm pretty selective about what I go see-but renting, I usually see just about anything.

Unfortunately, that sometimes means seeing some stinkers!

This month-I have to say-Worst

State And Main
America's Sweethearts
Many other bad ones I have forgotten

Best

Billy Elliot
You Can Count On Me
Memento
Men Of Honor

------------------
If you are really good friends with The Edge, you can just call him The~ Adam

The right side of my brain is kinda redundant~ Larry

OOhhh delish topic, Gina Marie!!
smile.gif

Worst -
State and Main
Knight's Tale
Shrek
Family Man
Cats & Dogs
One Night at McCool's
The Mummy Returns

Best -
Heartbreakers (satisfying rental - not film)
Legally Blonde

Hey-I forgot Knight's Tale-I couldn't even sit through that one, and so many people seemed to like it. And I almost rented Family Man-but, just me personally-not a big Nicolas Cage fan.

When you've rented so many, you get desperate sometimes!

And I just rented Legally Blonde-very cute-I love Reese Witherspoon-she's underrated as an actress IMO-if anyone's ever seen Election, I think she was so good in that.

She was also good in Pleasantville-I liked that one too.

As for worst... we rented Swordfish the other night... I guess it wasnt that bad, except I have no idea what the hell happened.

Duets was cute, and I loved Almost Famous.

I loved "Save the Last Dance"...I also enjoyed "Cats & Dogs" too because that one cat that had Jon Lovitz's voice was so friggin' cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
biggrin.gif

Man, I haven't rented many movies this year...umm...I think those are the only ones I did!!!

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

I just LOVE Almost Famous-excellent movie!

Kate Hudson is just too adorable.

I only left it off my list because I rented it a few months ago. Should have just made the thread title 'lately'.

Another one I liked was 'Best In Show'-strange, but funny.

------------------

I adored Almost Famous!

Have you or anyone you know seen the Director's Cut Cameron Crowe just released of it? Supposedly the film is now 3 hours long or something?... Wish I had known about the new Cut; I wouldnt have bought the original version.
smile.gif

Originally posted by HelloAngel:

Have you or anyone you know seen the Director's Cut Cameron Crowe just released of it? Supposedly the film is now 3 hours long or something?

No-I didn't know about that-thanks for posting that!

I was just sitting here thinking I should buy that DVD-I'll get the director's cut version if I do.

I like Cameron Crowe movies-Vanilla Sky comes out in a couple of weeks.

------------------

OMG!! Have you SEEN the preview for Vanilla Sky?!

I will be first in line that day!!
And just as awesome - Jason Lee is in it! YAYAYAY!

Best-Along Came The Spider(must see! Great story)

Worst-Camp Cleavage(no plot at all, very dissapointing)

------------------
"And I can feel the cold steel. And I can make a wound that won't heal."- Bono

It wasn't this month, but quite possibly the worst movie I've rented this year is Autumn in New York (Winona Ryder and Richard Gere). Talk about a serious lack of onscreen chemistry - that movie was a disaster.

Yes-Jason Lee is a cutie..He looks like a guy I had a huge crush on in H.S.*turns this place into PLEBA today w/ hot guy pics*
wink.gif

lee1.jpg

lee15.jpg

Long-haired Jason

lee86.jpg

------------------

Yay!!! Yummy Jason Lee pics-woohoo! Let's turn this into an alternative PLEBA-for guys who aren't in U2. LOL
wink.gif

Let's see...Jason, Guy, etc. Great pics, Gina!! And don't think I've forgotten about Guy in PLEBA later tonight!

------------------
A vampire or a victim
It depends on who's around

Best:

The Dish - really funny and touching.

Worst:

Contagion (or The Contaminated Man) - do NOT go there. Don't be fooled by the cast (William Hurt, Peter Weller and Natascha McElhone), this film has a weak plot, loads of scenes to stretch the time out and crap characters.

I also saw Red Planet which wasn't as bad as the critics said.

------------------
Rain from Heaven.

I don't need the smell of incense in the morning haze. Let's do the War on Drugs.

I only rented one DVD this month, and that was Being John Malkovich. I was disappointed... I had heard so many great things about it, but it didn't live up to my expectations.

Originally posted by Zoo Schabow:

Worst-Camp Cleavage(no plot at all, very dissapointing)

Uh, by any chance was that on The Playboy Channel or one of those OTHER channels?
eek.gif

Gotta love those titles
rolleyes.gif

------------------

Originally posted by Diemen:
quite possibly the worst movie I've rented this year is Autumn in New York (Winona Ryder and Richard Gere). Talk about a serious lack of onscreen chemistry - that movie was a disaster.

Yes-that one was AWFUL! And I do like Winona-she's so beautiful. She needs to get some good roles. Her best role lately was Girl Interrupted-I thought that was a very good movie.

Perhaps if Bono had played opposite her, the chemistry would have been there
wink.gif

Another AWFUL Richard Gere movie I rented recently was 'Dr. T And The Women'-ugh!!

------------------

Originally posted by LarryMullen's_POPAngel:
I wanna start a Jason Lee fanclub-the man rocks!!!!
biggrin.gif

(I'll forgive him for Mumford.)

Oh yeah Baybee - count me in.

Totally agree re: Mumford. I couldnt even get past the 1st 15 minutes.

He was YUMMY in Heartbreakers tho!
(and every Kevin Smith movie now that I think about it)

A great movie to rent is an independent film called Sunshine. It's about three generations of a Jewish family in Eastern Europe in the 1900's. It's very moving and not depressing.

I just rented Bridgit Jones' Diary last night. It was light and entertaining.

Best in Show, that movie is sooooo great! Complete randomness! I also liked Waiting For Guffman...very good movies. Memento was my favorite fro several reasons: 1. Guy Pearce 2. crazy plot line manipulating time
3. GUY PEARCE. Another Guy Pearce classic is L.A Confidential, though he's not quite as hot in that, but a good flick nonetheless. Million Dollar Hotel was really good too, and not just because Bono wrote it. But the best one I've rented lately was actually one I watched for French class, it's called Ridicule. VERY good, it's in French, but it has subtitles (this is such a good post, right up my alley). Another good French movie with subtitles is "Le Huit Jour" or "The Eigth Day". Oh, beauty! It's about this guy who is a crappy husband and father who picks up a guy with down's syndrome off the side of the road. See it, it's great.

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

I just rented Bridgit Jones' Diary last night. It was light and entertaining.[/B]

OMG... Brigdet Jones was freaking hilarious... I was crying laughing in the movie theater with the underwear scene!!

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

Back
Top Bottom