what are our interland catholics giving up for lent?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Screaming Flower

ONE love, blood, life
i haven't quite decided what i'm giving up yet. i still have a day to decide. i'm actually thinking of attempting to give up interference. this would be really hard for me to do which is probably exactly why i should do it. i spend way too much time online. :crack:

i should also give up swearing.

:|

U2SavesTheWorld said:
do i look catholic to you?

:angry:

:lol:

somehting was just funny about that...i don't know what...

i thought us protestants were supposed to give up something too....but i'm kind of nothing now...i haven't gone to church or really CARED about any sort of religion whatsoever for the past 5 years...

see you all in hell...:evil:

Hmmmm....that's a good question. I could give up computer games - I've spent too much time on them lately...

And uh....I'll give up swearing. :shifty:

There we go. I'm all set!

*caugh*repeats answer from other thread in this thread *caugh*

I haven't decided for sure what I'm giving up yet, but I think it will be Pepsi :ohmy:

hey maybe someone should post the link to the other thread.

i'm going to actually make it to church EVERY weekend and write actual letters to family and friends with stamps on them.

ok i decided to cut down my internet time rather than give up interference completely. and i will give up swearing.

and this all has nothing to do with the fact that sicy just pm'ed me to tell me that she would eat my brains AND suck all the blood out of my body...

:crack:

alcohol would be a good one too but my birthday is this weekend and i want margaritas. :drool:

I was going to give up coffee, but decided that would be detrimental to my education (how else would I stay awake during Major Women Writers?) so...I'm giving up..

I don't know. I thought about it today but couldn't come to a conclusion. Maybe gum.

Last edited:
Headache in a Suitcase said:
i'm giving up listening to n'sync, the backstreet boys, o-town, and 98 degrees... it's gonna be tough, but i think i can pull through

I will be praying for your success

* not a dman thing

<--- ouizy is not Catholic.

but if I was - I would probably give up going to bad restaurants...

:wink:

well, here it is, Ash Wednesday is over, Lent has started, I'm still drinking Pepsi :uhoh: I still have half a 12 pack left, and I'm broke so I couldn't go out and buy anything else to drink :| :shrug:

I guess I'll have to think of something other than Pepsi... :rolleyes:

I should really cut down on Pepsi in general tho :|

Back
Top Bottom