What are everbody's TOP 3 MOST ANTICIPATED films right now? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 05-22-2007, 09:38 PM   #1
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 08:01 PM
What are everbody's TOP 3 MOST ANTICIPATED films right now?

They have to be confirmed films, not just rumors, but and the have to have a release within the next 5 years.

Here are mine:

3. The Dark Knight - Nolan - 2008

The sequel to the greatest Batman movie of all time. The return of the Joker. Nolan is one of my top directors right now. He's done nothing but blow me away with everything he's done thus far. I have little reason to believe that The Dark Knight could not be the single greatest "superhero" film of all time.

I believe in Harvey Dent!

2. Revolutionary Road - Mendes - 2008

Sam Mendes has proven himself to be one of, if not the greatest American director to emerge in the past 10 years. His first feature debut, American Beauty, won the Best Picture oscar, and won Kevin Spacey a Best Actor oscar...two awards that are probably more deserving than anything the Academy has given since.

While Medes has yet to surpass his debut masterpiece, and possibly never will, his last two films, 2002's Road to Perdition and 2005's Jarhead, have continued Mendes' set tradition of visually stunning and emotionaly wrenching motion pictures. Revolution Road is based on a Yates novel about a Connecticut family in the 50's. This film reunited TITANIC stars Leonardo DiCaprio and Kate Winslet as the married couple as their family begins to fall apart. I'm expecting Leo and Kate to finally get the Oscar recognition they so greatly deserve.

My number 1, no surprise to those who know me well on here..

1. Avatar - Cameron - 2009

Avatar will mark James Cameron's triumphant return to full length motion pictures after a 12 year hiatus since his 1997 masterpiece Titanic. For the part 10 years, Cameron has been researching and developing new ways to create motion pictures. He's had a heavy hand in the advancement of digital photography and 3-D (or stereo) filming technique, as well as revolutionary performance capture technology. Avatar will also be Cameron's first foray into the sci-fi/action genre since he redefined it himself with 1992's Terminator 2: Judgement Day.

He promises to deliver photorealistic CGI which will help to create Cameron's vision of a completely fiction planet and ecosystem. The lead roles of the film are 8-foot tall, blue, cat-like creatures with human-levels of intelligence. The film's budget is nearly $200 million, and is almost sure to be as big a revolution in the motion picture industry as the very first color films were. Expect Avatar to hit your local Digital 3-D equiped theater around Memorial Day 2009.

If I think about this movie any more right now I might need a change of clothing.

Old 05-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:01 PM

Old 05-22-2007, 09:59 PM   #3
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:01 PM
1. The Dark Knight - Christopher Nolan - July 2008

Christopher Nolan is proving himself to be one of the better writer-directors of his generation. Batman Begins, The Prestige, and Memento were all immensely enjoyable and just as interesting.

The cast is absolutely stellar:

Christian Bale as Bruce Wayne/Batman
Michael Caine (one of my favorites) as Alfred
Gary Oldman as Lt. Gordon
Morgan Freeman as Lucius Fox
Aaron Eckhart as Harvey Dent
Heath Ledger as the motherfucking Joker
and Maggie Gyllenhaal replacing the weak link Katie Holmes as Rachel Dawes.

I cannot fucking wait until July '08.

2. Star Trek XI - J.J. Abrams - December 2008

Not only has J.J. Abrams created some of the most enjoyable (and frustrating) series of the past 10 years (Lost and Alias), but he revitalized a lame franchise and made a great action flick with Mission: Impossible III. Now he has the task of bringing the monstrosity of Star Trek back from the dead.

I definitely expect this to be good, in an age where a long-forgotten show from the '70s can be reborn into the greatest current drama on television (Battlestar Galactica), I have to believe the same can be done with Star Trek.

The casting rumors are insane too, and I have no idea who will be who, if I had to choose it would be:

Kirk - Ryan Gosling
Spock - Adrien Brody
McCoy - Gary Sinise

This almost leaves me as giddy as I am for The Dark Knight.

3. The Fourth Installment of the Indiana Jones Adventures - Steven Spielberg - May 2008

Steven Spielberg is my favorite director of all-time, Indiana Jones is probably my favorite film character of all-time, and George Lucas is the greatest visionary/fuck-up of all-time. That's just how it is. Needless to say, the thought of another Indy movie in my lifetime is utterly mindblowing.

As a huge fan of Harrison Ford and Steven Spielberg, I really see this and their return to glory. Since Saving Private Ryan, I can really only name one Spielberg movie I'd give any thought to seeing again: Munich. And Harrison Ford hasn't been in a decent movie since Air Force One. This is their chance to make something special again, something timeless and spectacular for fans of the series and cinema alike.

So what if Indy's about 98 years old, so what if George Lucas is involved, so what if Shia Labeouf is playing Indy's son (I'm not sold on him yet) it's going to be a hell of a ride and I cannot wait to be a part of it.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:09 PM   #4
Blue Crack Addict

"and George Lucas is the greatest visionary/fuck-up of all-time. That's just how it is."

Classic.

I totally agree though on all three picks.

Good call with Star Trek XI though. It's really important to me because I want JJ to proove that he can pull off an epic, likely CG-heavy film, since it looks like we're stuck with him for the hotly-debated The Dark Tower film adaptation. But I thought he did a great job with MI3, and Lost is my favorite TV show ever. So I have faith.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #5
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Omaha, Nebraska “With Screwtape on Kettle Drum and Wormwood on Harpsichord!”
Local Time: 07:01 PM
Re: What are everbody's TOP 3 MOST ANTICIPATED films right now?

Quote:
Originally posted by Lancemc

3. The Dark Knight - Nolan - 2008

2. Revolutionary Road - Mendes - 2008

1. Avatar - Cameron - 2009

My list too. I've missed Cameron so much the last couple of years. With so many bad blockbusters in that time it's nice to know that Cameron won't disappoint.

The next Star Trek would be in my list but I'm not a fan of J.J. or prequels. Than again nothing can be as bad as Nemesis
Old 05-22-2007, 10:13 PM   #6
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

I really believe Star Trek will end up like Star Trek/Lost the Movie. The story will go through parts of Kirk's life presumably in Lost-like flashbacks.

J.J. Abrams will make the transition to film writer-director smoothly and I think he has the chops to do this movie and the Dark Tower series.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:22 PM   #7
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto

J.J. Abrams will make the transition to film writer-director smoothly and I think he has the chops to do this movie and the Dark Tower series.
I really hope you're right. The only thing I'm worried about is his ability to handle real nitty-gritty drama, like what he'll be faced with in The Dark Tower.
Old 05-22-2007, 10:56 PM   #8
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 01:01 PM
3. The Simpsons Movie
2. The Dark Knight
1. Across The Universe

That's all I can really think of right now.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:32 PM   #9
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 04:01 PM
there's one I forgot about :Across The Universe
if it's half as good as the trailer, I'll be more than happy

also I can't remember the name, but there is some Cusack ( ) movie, which for being in the suspense genre actually looked good, something about a Hotel.

the maybe file (because I haven't seen the trailers yet):
Rescue Dawn
The Invasion
Goya's Ghosts
The Ten
The Hottest State
Old 05-22-2007, 11:33 PM   #10
LMP
Blue Crack Supplier

1408 is the Cusack movie, which also stars SAM JACKSON! and is an adaptation of a Stephen King story.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:58 PM   #11
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

Local Time: 08:31 PM
Paprika
Ratatouille
Stardust
Old 05-23-2007, 12:03 AM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Ocean's 13 will be out in less than a month.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:17 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by LemonMacPhisto
1408 is the Cusack movie, which also stars SAM JACKSON! and is an adaptation of a Stephen King story.
Well, I wouldn't really say it stars Sam Jackson, since he's really only in the film for something like 10 minutes.
Old 05-23-2007, 02:17 AM   #14
Rock n' Roll Doggie
Band-aid

sin city 2: a dame to kill for (2008)

[/. fucking. thread.]
Old 05-23-2007, 03:32 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:01 AM
Indiana Jones 4, Pirates of the Caribbean 3 and Harry Potter 5 (I'm curious to see what the new director does with the story).

Honourable mention His Dark Material and that new project/script Scorsese is working on with Robert De Niro.