What are all you Aussies doing tomorrow for Australia Day?????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

OzAurora

Refugee
The Sunshine Coast, Queensland, Australia
Me- I am going to make the most of it and go to the beach early in the morning and then head over to a friends place who has a nice roof top garden in Mooloolaba and listen to the JJJ Hottest 100 countdown and have a few drinks, should be fun I think
smile.gif

There's an Australia Day? Cool! I wanna celebrate! (hey, any reason for a party is a good enough reason, ain't it?)
wink.gif

Yeah Sula- Australia Day is also known as 'Invasion Day' as it is the day that celebrates the British discovery or if you are Aboriginal the invasion of Australia on the 26th of Jan in 1788, it is a pretty cool day, heaps of people have BBQs and pubs put on things like cockroach races and stupid crap like that and it is also the day that JJJ counts down the biggest music poll in Australia- the 100 best songs of the previous year as voted by the listeners of the station- which is most people in Oz between the ages of say 10 and 35 I would think and by the way Beautiful Day came in at number two last year, so lets hope that U2 in some way do good this year, you can listen to it over the net- just click on the link tomorrow, at about 25 hours time from now
smile.gif

http://www.triplej.net.au/listen.htm

Last ever gig for Los Garbos and the Trashmen. It's been an interesting 6 years, better go say good bye to the band.
frown.gif

Have they announced the winner of the Hottest 100 Jamaica trip? Please put me out of my misery if they have, I'm still waiting for the phone call telling me I WON!!!

Just a btw...Captain James Cook RN "discovered" the east coast of Australia on my birthday
smile.gif
, 1770. Captain Phillip sailed into Sydney Harbour with the First Fleet of ships,loaded with soldiers(mostly English) and convicts(mostly Irish) on January 26, 1788.
A diverse, splendid nation imho. Best wishes to you all musiclovers

------------------
So long, and thanks for all the fish.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 01-25-2002).]

*thinks Cass has a 2nd fav band in Los Garbos*
hehe

And um Cass dearie, how old are you? Surely it wasnt your birthday back in 26/01/1788!!! hehe j/k
smile.gif

Im actually getting in some training as we have to wet a baby's head, who is being born by Caeser on Wednesday. We thought we'd take this opportunity to get some practice in. Actually, it will be weird, cos the baby's parents are poms, my parents are poms, about 3 of my other friends are poms, and they will all be there to train with us. Its gonna be more like Pommy Day.
eek.gif

im going to sit round the pool, drink and eat meat listening to the hottest 100 on jjj...the oz way!
biggrin.gif

------------------
"we're free to fly the crimson sky...the sun won't melt our wings tonight..."

My plan - head to a friends place for drinks and hottest 100. Then make our way to the river foreshore for the skyshow and more drinks, which is likely to result in some slightly rowdy behaviour...
biggrin.gif

i thin i;ll recinver form tngith and then statr it all over agina at ao9urnf to moorow aftert noon.

betty is too drunk to be listeing to the raiodo

likemmanda and me.

No, no Cook sighted East Coast in April 1770. I'm a lot older than 230
smile.gif

Another change of plan, speaking of age. I decided my middle son needed to see his friends. So, I'm taking him and as many local 16 year olds that can fit in my car, to an event called Youthquake,a skate/BMX comp,followed by a Battle of the Bands. All the local heavy young rockers.Actually a few out of town bands are there, so it should be interesting. I'll be one of the oldest there for sure, that's cool.
School of arts stuff going on at the river bank, followed by fireworks. I'll probably wander down there for a while. Choices choices.
One thing, just wanted to say, we are very lucky to be Australian.

Jan27: glad I did wander down to the river.Spent most of the night there as it turned out. What a diverse range of music, poetry and dance. Saw 4 people become naturalised Australians too(one a young, formerly Irish lad, bet he's a jockey
smile.gif
)I was moved by the humble effort of the people that received community citizenship awards. The Dean, Reverend Catt(love his groovy name, almost as good as Bishop Huggins)said a very moving prayer about our land Australia. Great day indeed.

[This message has been edited by cass (edited 01-26-2002).]

Back
Top Bottom