What an interesting fact - if its true! (about blondes)......

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Lookie:

BLONDES TO DIE OUT BY YEAR 2202.

Natural blondes are an endangered species and will be extinct by 2202, say scientists. There are too few people carrying the blonde gene for the hair colour to continue down the generations.

So women and men with blonde hair, blonde eyebrows and blue eyes will vanish from the face of the earth within 200 years, says the World Health Organisation.

Researchers predict the last blonde will love in Finland which has the highest number of true blondes in the world. The problem is that blonde hair is caused by a recessive gene. A child has to have the gene on both sides of the family in the grandparents' generation to get blonde hair.

But blonde genes are rapidly becoming watered down. A spokeswoman for the WHO research theam said: "It looks like their days are numbered"
And bottle blonde singers like Kylie Minogue and surgically-enhanced model Jordan may even be responsible for the demise of their natural rivals. WHO spokesman added 'Artificial blondes tend to be blonder and possibly more attractive to men."
"This could mean more and more men selecting them as partners over their natually blonde peers."

The number of bottle blondes is likely to soar.

A German study has found fair-haired waitresses or barmaids earn 20 per cent more in tips than others.

:scratch: - well thats cause men prefer blondes - FACT!

:D I tell ya this, I used to get highlights and stuff, but now, Im a LOT happier to let it grow out its natural darkness.......and will prob never turn to some blonde stuff for a loooooooooong time......Im dark, Im proud, and I dont feel I should have to go blonde just to turn heads........

I guess this means I won't be around in 2202...and I had planned on seeing the U2 222 yr anniversary tour that summer too, bummer.

I fear for our kind, gheto.

But sadly, I only like brown haired boys, so I will contribute to the demise of our species.

Blue eyes are good, though, and I will work hard to preserve that trait.

I'd better hurry up and make some babies!! :hyper:

I am guilty of the brown hair likeness as well. I just have not seen that many cute guys with red hair running around.

Edited becuase I can not form sentences properly and did not like some of what I wrote.

Last edited:
ghetofabu said:
I am guilty of the brown hair likeness as well. I just don't have not seen any cute guys with red hair. They seem to have other traits that come along with red hair that I do not find attactive. It is odd. I think brown hair and fair skin is nice BUT I don't really like red hair and fair skin. I am odd I know. :coocoo:

I agree completely. I don't like blonde boys either. Only brown for me. :reject:

Dag nabit. You quoted me before I got done editing. I erased some of that becuaese I was just rambleing and I did not think it would make any sense.

:hmm: That's pretty interesting! Most blondes now are bottle blondes anyway (well, females at least), so I guess it won't make that much of a difference.

looks like some of you still have a while

Blonds going extinct? Agency denies study
Reuters
Oct. 1, 2002 03:09 PM

UNITED NATIONS - In the end, it seems it was just another dumb blond joke.

The World Health Organization, the Geneva-based health arm of the United Nations, insisted on Tuesday that despite the many media reports to the contrary, it had never conducted a study predicting the extinction of the natural blond hair gene.

This despite stories around the world citing WHO research stating that natural blonds would become extinct by 2202.

Reports to that effect had appeared in recent days on CNN and ABC News and in the London Daily Mail, among others. But WHO said it has never conducted research on the topic.

WHO ''has no knowledge of how these news reports originated but would like to stress that we have no opinion on the future existence of blonds,'' it said in a statement released at United Nations headquarters in New York.

According to the published reports, the supposed WHO study had predicted that the last blond on earth would be in Finland, which today has the world's highest concentration of true blonds.

The reports said blond hair was caused by a recessive gene, so both sides of the family have to have it to extend the shade into the next generation. But too few people carry the gene to assure its long-term survival.

Back
Top Bottom