What albums have you picked up lately?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UnforgettableLemon

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Recently, I've bought:
The Verve- Urban Hymns
Blur- Parklife, 13
Jeff Buckley- Grace
Stereophonics- Just Enough Education to Perform, Perfomance and Cocktails
Nine Inch Nails: All That Could Have Been(live)
The Stone Roses: the Complete Stone Roses
Dave Matthews and Tim Reynold: Live at Luther College

The only one I have yet to listen to is Buckley's album, and I must say I'm really enjoying the Stereophonics. It'll take a while for the Stone Roses to grow on me, though.

nelly furtado-whoa nelly-its amazing....and i never really liked her too!!!!
biggrin.gif

I have been super disappointed lately at the lack of good music being released. The one thing I have that is new and I absolutely love is Ben Folds' "Rocking the Suburbs". I'm a fan of it, definately.

------------------
It's the puppets that pull the strings.

*You're very kind. Most people laugh when they see my googly eye.

Bruce Springsteen - Greatest Hits
Miles Davis - Kind Of Blue
New Order - The Best Of New Order
Depeche Mode - Violator
Pete Yorn - musicforthemorningafter

Thinking I might pick up Starsailor - Love Is Here in the near future.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Originally posted by Lilly:
I have been super disappointed lately at the lack of good music being released.

There's always plenty of great music being released. You just have to know where to look. Small, independent music stores are great if they have listening booths.

UL, how are Parklife and All That Could Have Been? I might have to give those a shot if they're good.

------------------
Change is the only constant

Not a whole lot... but to name:

Whoa Nelly! - Nelly Furtado
Paint the Sky with Stars - Enya
Classics - Sarah Brightman
Rock Steady - No Doubt
More Best Of - Leonard Cohen
Mezzanine - Massive Attack (had to rebuy. lost the original copy)

Originally posted by Foxxern:

UL, how are Parklife and All That Could Have Been? I might have to give those a shot if they're good.

Parklife is superb. Much better than 13, in my opinion, although bother are great. All That Could Have Been is one of the best live albums I've heard in ages. Not a big NIN fan myself, but I still love it. March of the Pigs is soooooo great live.

all i've bought recently is sting's all this time ... not to keen on new music out these days either.

------------------
i want a chance to keep you awake at night, when the sunlight burns through your love...
ME!

Green Day-Greatest Hits

Outkast-Greatest Hits(don't know why, but I did end up not regretting this purchase...very different music, quite good..was never really a fan before)

------------------
N A T E

When I grow up I'll be stable...

Damien Jurado - Ghost of David
Radiohead - Ok Computer
Andrea Bocelli - Cieli di Toscana
The Cranberries - No Need to Argue (gotta love used CD stores)
U2 - 7
biggrin.gif

I just bought REM's "Up" today and burned
eek.gif
Lamb's "What Sound". I don't normally burn CD's other than boots, but I am broke and thought I'd give it a listen that way.
I'd like to get No Doubt "Rock Steady". Any reviews?
What else? What's all this about Jeff Buckley? I have heard some of his stuff and it's good, but why all the rage all of a sudden? "Grace" was released in '95 and I saw a double CD in the store today that was released in '98. Is he dead? Just curious about him.

------------------
I disappeared in you
You disappeared from me
I gave you everything you ever wanted,
It wasn't what you wanted

Originally posted by Angel:
I just bought REM's "Up" today and burned
eek.gif
Lamb's "What Sound". I don't normally burn CD's other than boots, but I am broke and thought I'd give it a listen that way.
I'd like to get No Doubt "Rock Steady". Any reviews?
What else? What's all this about Jeff Buckley? I have heard some of his stuff and it's good, but why all the rage all of a sudden? "Grace" was released in '95 and I saw a double CD in the store today that was released in '98. Is he dead? Just curious about him.

Hey there Miss Angel!
smile.gif

I have Rock Steady - after the first listen, I wasn't sure if I was digging it. But after a few tries because I was determined to like it - I really do like it alot. It has really grown on me and would recommend it to anyone who likes No Doubt or is curious about them.

Thx HelloAngel!! I have No Doubt's first commercial release, but haven't bought anything since. I am curious about this new CD though 'cause they rocked in Vegas and thier new sound is funky. I have only heard two songs from "Rock Steady", 'Hey Baby' and one I don't know the name of, but it had a great beat.
I may have to go pruchase this.

Jeff Buckley died a few years ago. He drowned and was in his early 20's.He was a brilliant artist and its terribly unfortunate we didn't get to experience more of his work. He only ever released one album while he was alive.
His father Tim Buckley was just as talented and tragically died at a young age also.

Parklife is my favourite Blur album, it is very different to 13, but I wouldn't say its better. 13 is a much more mature album to Parklife.
Parklife is one of my top ten fave albums and contains killers like 'This is a Low' and 'Clover Over Dover'.

Yay!! New cds, there's nothing I love more than getting new music.
biggrin.gif

Mick Jagger-Goddess in the Doorway(I was raving about this a few weeks back)
No Doubt-Rock Steady
Stereophonics-Just Enough Education to Perform
Tindersticks-Can This Love...
Smashing Pumpkins-Rotten Apples

Other than that, not too much. I've been curious about Starsailor, though. I've been listening to the Strokes a lot as well, so...

smile.gif

------------------
Cut out the poetry
Let's hit the main artery
No time for a tourniquet
Let the colour's all run out of me

Originally posted by Charlie's Angel:
He only ever released one album while he was alive..

Are you sure about the one album? Because I saw a double CD for sale by him and none of the songs were the same as Grace. Thx for the info btw zoomanda, I was curious because so many people I know are into him right now. He was pretty cute too, if I am allowed to say so. Sad story though.

Oh and Popwhore- I am pretty interested in Starsailor too. They have been getting a lot of play lately and I like what I hear so far!

I don't buy that many CD's each year. There was one I'd been hankering after for a while. Popped into Kmart on my way home from a visit to parents. Found the CD, $5 discount,very nice. hmmm will I, won't I? A voice came over the PA.."store closing in 5 minutes , make your choice NOW!!!" So I did!!
It is bringing me a great deal of pleasure(despite the NYE resolution"happy songs only in 2002 ")
No way am I gonna tell you guys, you'd only laugh. But I sure am glad that voice from above gave me the nudge
biggrin.gif

PS: I am seriously considering buying a mandolin now. This music thing gets expensive...but oh so sweet.

Back
Top Bottom