What Album Starts Your Day?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HelloAngel

ONE love, blood, life
It comes and goes...some days I want to listen to music the second I get to my desk, and some days I want silence. Lately I've been starting my day listening to the new Marilyn Manson Best of ("Lest We Forget") and found that it gets the juices going quickly. Before that it was Leonard Cohen's "Essential" for the better part of two months.

What about you guys?

At the moment, I listen to HTDAAB in the car on the way to work, then when Im there, it's normally some Floyd.
Either P.U.L.S.E or Division Bell something like that.

Since the first thing I listen to in the morning is my Windows Media Player playlist, I usually start off with Cake, The Shins' Chutes Too Narrow, and Bright Eyes' Lifted.

really depends on what i feel like listening to, but if i'm really tired some hardcore wakes me up. also good for waking up: the clash - safe european home.

Gah, today I was listening to Chris Isaak's Heart-Shaped World and the Garden State soundtrack. I woke up kind of sad. :reject:

Usually it's one of my mix CDs, or maybe some Springsteen, U2, BNL, Ryan Adams...something to get me going.

Nothing is better in the morning than some trad ska. This morning it was Deal's Gone Bad. Sometimes I like the Slackers, others, the Zvooks.

or on those days when I just can't move, some asskicking punk rock. Minor Threat is great in the morning. As is Ignite, DKM, Sham69, The Business, and oh hell, just about any oi! band.

paxetaurora said:
Gah, today I was listening to Chris Isaak's Heart-Shaped World and the Garden State soundtrack. I woke up kind of sad. :reject:

Usually it's one of my mix CDs, or maybe some Springsteen, U2, BNL, Ryan Adams...something to get me going.

:hug:

It depends on my mood but I have benn listeing to:

1.U2-HTTAAB
2. Hall & Oates-Hall & Oates
3. Joe 90-Dream This
4. Smashing Pumpkins-Rotten Apples (Greatest Hits)
5. Jeff Buckley-Grace
6. Oleander-Feburary Son

This morning it was Grace by Jeff Buckley because that's what I happened to have in the CD player in my car. I probably should have taken it out and put in some Led Zeppelin or something because I was having a serious case of the drowsies. I think I hit the snooze alarm about six times before I finally got up. :huh:

Lately, it's been (mostly) Pavement's Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain. Damn...what a fucking album and what a fucking band!!!

Back
Top Bottom