What album should everybody own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
In your opinion, what album should everyone own...the one album no person should ever have to live without?

If U2 - Achtung Baby..

I haven't figured out my non-U2 one yet...

:der: are greatest hits included?...

Rolling Stones - Hot Rocks or 40 Licks

Smashing Pumpkins - Siamese Dreams, Mellon Collie and Infinite Sadness

Nirvana - Nevermind

Jurassic 5 - Quality Control

i was going to pick achtung...

i go for the clash--london calling

Ok it says ALBUM, not ALBUM(S), but I couldn't resisit. After U2, who must always be at the top of any list, in no particular order here's what I think.

U2--War, Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby

KISS--Destroyer, Alive!

Def Leppard--Pyromania

David Bowie--Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars

Prince--Purple Rain

Soundtrack to Grease

Madonna--The Immaculate Collection

Beatles--Help!

The Doors--Waiting For the Sun

Journey--Greatest Hits

INXS--Kick

Soundgarden--Louder Than Love

Matchbox 20--Yourself or Somone Like You

Metallica--And Justice For All

That's all I can think of.

i can think of a ton more...must resist the urge to list them all...

One huh? Hmmm, I'm totally going to have to agree-ify with my Clash-loving brother-in-arms IWasBored and say London Calling by The Clash. That's my all-time favorite album.

No offense, but I can definately live w/out Matchbox 20. I dont think they're a bad group, and I even have some of their songs, and I think I have their first album on minidisc somewhere but, they sure havent made any albums that EVERYONE should own.

u2popmofo said:
No offense, but I can definately live w/out Matchbox 20. I dont think they're a bad group, and I even have some of their songs, and I think I have their first album on minidisc somewhere but, they sure havent made any albums that EVERYONE should own.

couldn't agree more. when it came out, i thought "real world" was one of the best songs i'd ever heard, but i don't like it nearly that much anymore.

u2popmofo said:

At the time it came out it was basically the only CD I listened to so I guess it will always hold a special place in my :heart: I think what they've done since SUCKS ASS!!!!!

arw9797 said:

I think what they've done since SUCKS ASS!!!!!

I hear that man. I never even heard the first single they released for their newest album. How sad is that?

u2popmofo said:

I hear that man. I never even heard the first single they released for their newest album. How sad is that?

My friend and I listened to it once, looked at each other in disgust. I sold it on EBAY last week for $8.00!!!

Wow, sounds like a royal piece of hud.

On a funnier note, a friend of mine was telling me how he and his buddies were at a concert once and they saw Rob Thomas there in the upper section watching the concert. Before the concert they yelled out, "Matchbox 20 SUCKS!!!" Rob Thomas just looked over the edge at them, flipped them off, and went back to his business. I thought that was quite amusing, I dont know why.

Hallelujah Here She Comes said:

the horror.

Yeah, I did sound like quite the cry baby there didnt I? hehe. I apologize. Name as many damn albums as you please. But only damn albums, not normal ones. I really dont know that means. I have problems. I need my ass kicked or something.

u2popmofo said:

Yeah, I did sound like quite the cry baby there didnt I? hehe. I apologize. Name as many damn albums as you please. But only damn albums, not normal ones. I really dont know that means. I have problems. I need my ass kicked or something.

lol. s'ok. We all have our moments. In all fairness, you probably don't all absolutely NEED to own BOTH of those Lucinda Williams albums...although you should. ;)

Good luck with that early-ass lab, IWasBored. :)

arw9797 said:
Ok it says ALBUM, not ALBUM(S), but I couldn't resisit. After U2, who must always be at the top of any list, in no particular order here's what I think.

U2--War, Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby

KISS--Destroyer, Alive!

Def Leppard--Pyromania

David Bowie--Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders From Mars

Prince--Purple Rain

Soundtrack to Grease

Madonna--The Immaculate Collection

Beatles--Help!

The Doors--Waiting For the Sun

Journey--Greatest Hits

INXS--Kick

Soundgarden--Louder Than Love

Matchbox 20--Yourself or Somone Like You

Metallica--And Justice For All

That's all I can think of.

kiss and matchbox twenty?

mine are ok computer, joshua tree and aegius byrjun by sigur and ros.

For some reason I'm not suprised at all by your choices Flag Pole Bear.

Very good choices though. I have the hardest time deciding which Radiohead album is my favorite, definately not Pablo Honey, but all the rest are fair game.

Flag Pole Pear said:

kiss and matchbox twenty?

mine are ok computer, joshua tree and aegius byrjun by sigur and ros.

Ok fine. No one likes MB20, but like I said, when their first album came out I was in love.

WTF is wrong with KISS? When I first saw "Kiss Meets The Phantom of the Park" on TV when I was 3 years (1977) old I fell in love and stayed in love for almost 20 years.

Back
Top Bottom