What album should everybody own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
kiss were and still are horrible. theyre the worst band to ever manipulate the masses EVER.

remember they're "farewell tour" a couple years ago? the one that lasted forever and finally (thankfully) came to an end when noone cared anymore? well guess what. theyre touring with good ol' aerosmith this year.

so i guess that whole "final tour" thing was just a reason to get the fans out to their show and rip them off again.

gene simmons has said something to the effect that they would rather be known for their product as opposed to their craft. what a dumbass. i mean, britney spears wouldnt even say that.

they sell COFFINS with their name and logo on it. they sell action figures, they sell lunchboxes, they sell, they sell they sell.

funny, they dont sell records.

im sorry but they dont deserve any respect from anyone. the knights in satans service = :down:

If you want to see another KISS hatred thread started by me and IWasBored, check out the Ramones tribute thread in the Everything You Know is Wrong board.

Flag Pole Pear said:
kiss were and still are horrible. theyre the worst band to ever manipulate the masses EVER.

remember they're "farewell tour" a couple years ago? the one that lasted forever and finally (thankfully) came to an end when noone cared anymore? well guess what. theyre touring with good ol' aerosmith this year.

so i guess that whole "final tour" thing was just a reason to get the fans out to their show and rip them off again.

gene simmons has said something to the effect that they would rather be known for their product as opposed to their craft. what a dumbass. i mean, britney spears wouldnt even say that.

they sell COFFINS with their name and logo on it. they sell action figures, they sell lunchboxes, they sell, they sell they sell.

funny, they dont sell records.

im sorry but they dont deserve any respect from anyone. the knights in satans service = :down:

Just drop it because you've totally ruined this thread for me. I picked my favorite albums that I thought others should hear and you start in with some psycho satan crap. scary.

I don't think you know wtf you are talking about. "knights in satan's service" .....so original.

Kiss fans vs. U2 fans... no contest.

Kiss may have an Army, but we have a tribe. You want to mess with us you mess with the whole f*cking family... besides most Kiss fans can't find their way out of their mass of mullets. Kiss doesn't drive me wild, but their music sure drives me crazy!

Album everyone should own... (in my opinion, which is usually wrong)

The Who- Who's Next

:mac:

Holy shit. Why did this turn into a U2 vs Kiss thread? I'm not on this site as a Kiss fan!!! I haven't listened to a single second of their music in over 5 years!!!!!!! You couldn't pay me to claim myself a Kiss fan now.

There is no choice in the matter. U2 is incredible. They are musicians who are capable of creating anything while Kiss stopped creating in the 70's. If you notice, the 2 albums I picked are from the 70's. I can't stand anything that anyone in Kiss has to say now. But there was a time when I did. So like I said, why doesn't everyone just drop the Kiss insults and get back to the main point of this thread?

arw9797 may like KISS, but he's a U2 fan too. That's good enough for me. I forgive him. I'm pretty sure I probably like bands which he'd hate me for too.

Isnt music a funny thing that way? No matter what you say, how much you try, or what you do, you cant really ever change someones' opinions about what they do and dont like. If you like it, you like it. If you dont, you dont. Truthfully, I dont really think anyone ever has to justify themselves for liking or not liking a certain band, song, type of music, whatever. It's all about personal preference.

I still like to give people crap about what they do and dont like though, regardless.

Last edited:
http://FORUM.interference.com

i didnt slam you for your choices initially. i simply said "matchbox twenty and kiss?"

then you went off, and so i replied.

i just dont think anyone should hear that music cause its bad for them.

cujo, that was quite funny.

arw9797 said:
Holy shit. Why did this turn into a U2 vs Kiss thread?
U2 is incredible. They are musicians who are capable of creating anything while Kiss stopped creating in the 70's. If you notice, the 2 albums I picked are from the 70's. I can't stand anything that anyone in Kiss has to say now. But there was a time when I did. So like I said, why doesn't everyone just drop the Kiss insults and get back to the main point of this thread?

Fair enough... I don't think anyone was accusing you of being a Kiss fan.

Respect restored.

Flag Pole Pear said:
http://FORUM.interference.com

i didnt slam you for your choices initially. i simply said "matchbox twenty and kiss?"

then you went off, and so i replied.

i just dont think anyone should hear that music cause its bad for them.

cujo, that was quite funny.

Well ok. I commented on why I used to be a kiss fan(the movie) and then you went off about the satan crap so I only went off after the satan comment. I don't even want to know why you think it's "bad" for people if there is a religious motive behind it. Well I don't want to know regardless.

by the way...arw9797 stands for Amanda.....girl, not boy :)

nice to meet you amanda. im glad we got off to such a great start... :wink:

maybe it will be smooth sailing from here on out. :up:

Whoops, sorry Arw9797. I'll make sure to not call you a "he" again!!!! Whoopsidaisy. I apologize-ificate.

PS - Bear, check out the comment I added after yours in that Ramones tribute album thread.

Last edited:
I hope that "everyone" includes me. If it doesnt, prepare for me to call you he again.

Well Amanda at least you had some other great choices... good addition with INXS.

A lot of people forget they made some great pop songs.

No hard feelings?:wave:

Ok, I'm going to give a couple other albums people should own choices.

The Cure - Staring at the Sea (I know it it's a "greatest hits" type thing, but this cd made me buy all of The Cure's albums. One of the best compilations of rock songs I've ever heard. 17 songs, no stinkers. Most of the best songs from their early period. Any rock fan should get this)

The Smiths - either The Best I and II or one of their other Best Of CD's (I dont know if "everyone" should own these, but anyone who's a fan of rock and roll should. Very unique band, nobody sings or writes lyrics like Morrissey and Johnny Marr is the man on guitar. These cds made me buy all of The Smiths other albums)

U2 - Actung Baby (I know you all own it, but this is probalby my favorite U2 album. I would recommend this album to anyone, anywhere, anytime, regardless of what kind of music they are fans of)

The Clash - London Calling (I already mentioned this album, it's my favorite album ever. It's over an hour long, with out a single bad song on it. A very musically diverse album made by a band that had formerly, and still are, labeled as a "punk" band. Simply one of the best rock albums of all time)

Last edited:
THANK YOU for getting back on subject.

I would say Sarah McLachlan's Mirrorball is a must have for any of her fans...even though it's a live album, it's really, really well done.

Beatles - Abbey Road. Simply said, you NEED to have this album. It is like, the epitome of good music. It's different, it's got a breat, it has angst, love songs, and history.

arw9797 said:
Ok fine. No one likes MB20, but like I said, when their first album came out I was in love.
well, *i* liked it too. i wasn't a fan of their second album (and i don't even own the new one), but the first was fantastic.

here's ten, in no particular order, or even any ranking at all! these may not necessarily be my top ten albums, but a peek into what i think is vital:

B000001DTM.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000001FA4.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B00000DQSC.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

B000002TY9.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Last edited:
Why do I always feel weird when I think about buying Duran Duran. The guy at the music store always has that funny look on his face, like he's about to laugh... asshole

cujo said:
The guy at the music store always has that funny look on his face, like he's about to laugh... asshole

I hate that feeling. I usually get the look where the guy is like, "What on earth is this that you're buying? Never in my life have I heard of this band". I hate it when people do actually ask, I feel like I have to give them a huge run down of the band's history and work.

u2popmofo said:
The Smiths - either The Best I and II or one of their other Best Of CD's (I dont know if "everyone" should own these, but anyone who's a fan of rock and roll should. Very unique band, nobody sings or writes lyrics like Morrissey and Johnny Marr is the man on guitar. These cds made me buy all of The Smiths other albums)

I just bought their "Singles" cd (which, oddly enough, is a collection of all their singles... :der: ) and I freaking love it.

Screaming Flower said:
hey khanada, do you like duran duran? :|
i only listed two! :reject:

btw cujo, that is exactly why i prefer to buy cds online. no one's all :eyebrow: as you check out. when it's not something for me, i always feel compelled to explain why i'm buying said album. it's like...

me: hi
employee: *scans cd*
me: *wants to say "i'm sure you're probably thinking, 'omigod that's such a lame cd,' but it's not for me. see, my mom's birthday is next week, and this was on her list..." but feels that would make them think even more that it's really for me, but it honestly isn't.*

Back
Top Bottom