What album did you just listen to from start to finish - Part VII

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
0000008620_350.jpg

the_resistance_muse.jpg

peaches-i-feel-cream.jpg

Laura-Veirs-July-Flame.jpg

screamadelica

primal_scream-screamadelica_b.jpg

the ultimate drug album... although now it seems kind of pathetic to still be smoking or taking whatever poison of your choice, it should now be an album of nostalgia:reject:

screamadelica

primal_scream-screamadelica_b.jpg

the ultimate drug album... although now it seems kind of pathetic to still be smoking or taking whatever poison of your choice, it should now be an album of nostalgia:reject:

Yeah, I agree. I have to say that nowadays I prefer their follow-up Give Out But Don't Give Up. That one is stronger, more coherent. Still, some of the druggy moments are still great (Come Together, Loaded).

The Costello Show - King Of America
51nT8A%2Bt4dL.jpg

The Wall Pink Floyd. I've just read that the concept of this album is based on the Psychiatrist R.D. Laing's theory that in this mad and unpredictable world, the most logical and sane way to react is to become mad. Like most Humanist Psychologists Laing disaproved of labeling for conditions such as Schizophrenia and The Wall reflects Pink's voluntary dessent into Schizophrenia due to his life events. Dangerous Psychobabble!!!!

is-this-it.jpg

The Strokes - Is This It. (My vinyl copy finally came in today. So good. :drool::drool::drool:)
Roll on, March 22!

RHCP - Californication

Blink-182 - Take Off Your Pants & Jacket

Two of the very few albums that I can honestly say I love every single song on.

catherine wheel - ferment
explosions in the sky - all of a sudden i miss everyone
ned's atomic dustbin - brainbloodvolume

The_Decemberists_-_The_King_Is_Dead.jpg
I'm not usually much for alt-country/folk, but this is really, really good. The best of the bunch have to be Don't Carry It All, January Hymn, and Down By The Water. (On a totally unrelated note, is the vBulletin interface freaking out for anyone else? None of the formatting buttons are working for me.)

midlake - the trials of van occupanther
61xhzRD%2BXfL._SS500_.jpg

glossary - the better angels of our nature
51BJsUqOc4L._SS500_.jpg

the beach boys - pet sounds
51MnO1kBbRL._SS500_.jpg

destroyer - kaputt
41EYLwENNmL._SS500_.jpg

Nick Cave and The Bad Seeds - The Boatman's Call

After reading a bit about the backstory of this album some songs suddenly become very specific. It makes this amazing album even more interesting (though it then does feel slightly voyeuristic).

Back
Top Bottom