What about Jeff Buckley??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, "Grace" would probably be the one to start with. Easy to find and all that. I think it's actually the only album he released. I need to get the stuff that was released after his death.

i absolutely LOVE him! my favourite song has to be "Last Goodbye"...you should definately get Grace first, and then i think there were a couple of live albums released after his death:sad:

tragedy that such an incredible talent had to die so young...

and as im sure some of you other girlies will agree....he is fabulous lookin!:tongue:

I love him so much, one of my fave singers, up there with Bono and Thom Yorke. His cover of Leonard Cohen's Hallelujah is just gorgeous. I agree with Sula, you should get Grace, Lover You Should Have Come Over is absolutely beautiful. I also love Sketches From My Sweetheart The Drunk and I just bought Mystery White Boy, all are just great. Oh, and the girls are right, he had the face of an angel and the voice to go along with it, so sad that he's gone...

Man! JB was maybe the number one best singer/songwriter of the 90's!
His influence on me runs deep, my friend!

Anyway...yeah...check out Grace.
But just as good or better than that is CD#1 of sketches.
that stuff is amazing!!

There's been lots of threads about Jeff of late.
www.jeffbuckley.com has some info on the albums.

meegannie, is it worth reading?
who wrote it again? ive heard some stories from fans who say his mother has tried to keep a lot out of the press and she's been pretty controlling with his releases.

jeff buckley fact: he never actually knew his rockstar father whom he's constantly compared to.

Every Rock fan should own Grace!!!!!!!
Its one of the greatest albums ever recorded in my opinion.

Ok,
if you want to shrivel into a mass of tears go download
Satisfied Mind

Listen to the lyrics and remember they played this at his funeral!!
The lyrics are so comforting because they assure that he died with a satisfied mind. no regrets.
beautiful.

zooropamanda said:

meegannie, is it worth reading?
who wrote it again?

It's by David Browne. :)

I really like it so far. I just started reading it, so I'm still in the Tim Buckley part, but it seems to be VERY well-researched, and not one of those rumor-filled biographies. Even though I haven't finished it yet, at this point, I would definitely recommend it.

Has anyone else read Dream Brother? Meeganie, you'd say it's worth a read?

I've said all I can possibly say about Jeff on this forum already, but I'll just add mine to the chorus of voices telling you to run, not walk, to your favorite music retailer and pick up any of his work that you can find.

Back
Top Bottom