What About Bob Appreciation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellow, for he's a jolly good fellowww, which nobody can denyyyy!

:boom:

"i just let the boat do the work. that was my secret."

"mmmm.mmmmmmmm!mmmm!" (bob eating)

"burn! burn! burn!"

Bob- You ever heard of Tourette's Syndrome? Involuntarily shouting of profanities?

Leo- It's exceptionally rare.....

Bob-Shit-eating-son-of-a-bitch......Bastard, douche-bag, twat, numb-nuts, dickhead!

Leo-Why exactly are you doing this?

Bob-Well, if I fake it then I don't have it.

Leo: You think he's gone?! He's not gone. That's the whole point! He's never gone!

[Leo opens the door; there's Bob]

Bob: Is this some radical new therapy?

Leo: YOU SEE?!?!

:lmao:

"Death Therapy, Bob. It's a guaranteed cure. "

:lol:

Leo is strapping a bomb to Bob
Dr. Leo Marvin: This is black powder, Bob. A teaspoon of it can blow up a tree stump.
Bob Wiley: How much you got there?
Dr. Leo Marvin: Twenty pounds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Bob Wiley: what if I'm looking for a bathroom, I can't find one... and my bladder explodes?

I've always loved "baby steps". I'm always quoting that

Bill Murray :heart:

This is perhaps my favorite comedic film of all time. My father and I watch it together probably once a year. Bill Murray and Richard Dreyfuss are both top-notch in this.

So many great scenes...

Bob/Leo's first meeting in Leo's office: "There are two kinds of people in this world: Those who like Neil Diamond and those who don't".

Bob pretending to be Leo's sister, and laymenting after Leo hangs up on him: "That.was.not.smart. THAT.WAS.NOT.SMART!"

The dinner scene: "Mmm Mmm Mmm. MMM mmm MMM mmm MMM mmm MMM' "OH WOULD YOU JUST STOP IT!"

Leo trying to wake Bob up in the morning, jumping up and down on him and pounding him screaming "CUCKADOODOLOO!"

Bob: "Please, please, I need, I need"

Leo 'accidentally' pushing Bob into the bay after his son finally dives for the first time.

The whole Good Morning America scene. All of it.

Leo getting out of the car on the way back from the psych ward, walking around to Bob's side, opening the door, and screaming "GETOUTTAMYCAR!!!!!!!"

Leo losing his mind and strapping explosives to Bob in the woods, only see his own house blow up when Bob escapes and gets back to the house.

Leo's neighbor's cheering loudly upon seeing the house blown up.

I could go on and on.

"Gimme gimme gimme gimme, I need, I need! Please, please, gimme, gimme!"

"Mashed potatoes and gravy, Marie."

"Babystep to 4 o'clock, babystep to 4 o'clock..."

(It's 3:00. Bob expects the call at 4. A guy goes to the payphone) "No. STOP! STOP! Thanks, I'm expecting a call."

"Son of a bitch!"
"She never says that."

15tt5.jpg

"I'm gonna take a vacation...from my PROBLEMS!"

Lila64 said:
:up:

Maybe we should see if there's a Bill Murray thread :drool:

He's my favorite comic actor ever, bar none.

Any man who can pull off Caddyshack, Stripes, Ghostbusters, What About Bob?, Lost in Translation AND The Life Aquatic...

zomg, he has a shrine in my Pantheon of awesome, or some Greek era sculpture, pissing on Chevy Chase films.

LemonMacPhisto said:

He's my favorite comic actor ever, bar none.

Any man who can pull off Caddyshack, Stripes, Ghostbusters, What About Bob?, Lost in Translation AND The Life Aquatic...

zomg, he has a shrine in my Pantheon of awesome, or some Greek era sculpture, pissing on Chevy Chase films.

Hey man, I agree that Bill Murray is a genius, but don't be hating on Chevy! Now, he hasn't had the most stellar resume in terms of films, but he was the star of the Vacation Films - 'Vaction', 'European Vacation', and 'Christmas Vacation'(Vegas Vacation just wasn't as good) - and they are quality. Quality slapstick, but quality nontheless. How many 'family vacation' type films have been made in the same mold as the original 'Vacation', and how many have been even close to as good as the original 'Vacation'?

namkcuR said:

Hey man, I agree that Bill Murray is a genius, but don't be hating on Chevy! Now, he hasn't had the most stellar resume in terms of films, but he was the star of the Vacation Films - 'Vaction', 'European Vacation', and 'Christmas Vacation'(Vegas Vacation just wasn't as good) - and they are quality. Quality slapstick, but quality nontheless. How many 'family vacation' type films have been made in the same mold as the original 'Vacation', and how many have been even close to as good as the original 'Vacation'?

He was amazing in Caddyshack, Vacation, Fletch, Foul Play, and Christmas Vacation, no doubt about it.

But after that, his IMDb profile reads like a Greek tradegy.

Lila64 said:

Best. Military. Movie. Ever.

and that's the fact Jack.

(Colbert sig - :lmao:)

Last edited:
I'm so happy someone made a thread about this movie :hyper: one of my all time favorite movies. It's simply awesome. I need that DVD.

Bob: What are you doing with the gun, Dr. Marvin?
Leo: Death Therapy, Bob. It's a guaranteed cure.

My next movie appreciation thread was going to be Fletch. Great movie.

"I'd like some caviar."
"Si senor, but it's $80 a portion."
"Well, then I'm just gonna have to get two portions of that! Also, give me some of your best wine, and $30 for yourself, and put it on Underhill."
"Gracias, senor."
"Sierra del puedo."

:drool: this movie :D it will always be one of the movies my grandmother introduced me to and always remind me of her

Back
Top Bottom