Whakapapa Skifield Superthread aka Incest Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
I don't have a gym membership, which doesn't help, but I try to lift as much as I can.

in high school i did freeweights and jumped rope, when i bothered, plus the soccer team which i didn't do the last year. i can't live without an elliptical because i hate running outside and i don't like treadmills either - elliptical = easy on the knees. i like the weight machines and i keep meaning to have someone who knows what they're doing teach me free weights again. if i do this geneva thing, besides running after kids and eating healthy, i'll probably buy some 5 and 10 pound weights rather than join a gym. i loved the ny gym i joined this summer.

edit - and you'll have access to a gym in college

our campus gym isn't great, but it's ok. i liked the weight machines at my summer gym much better. and while there's 5 ellipticals, there's only one that has both arms and an adjustable slope, so i always try to get on that one. otherwise i usually do the stairmaster rather than the lame ellipticals.

As far as keeping in shape goes, all I do is walk a fair bit. Since I don't have a car and the trams can't go everywhere, I get around on foot a fair bit.

Otherwise ... postwhoring keeps my finger muscles in shape! That counts ... right? :uhoh:

sure ax sure

yeah i didnt join a gym while i was abroad but walking around in vienna and then everywhere i travelled, plus climbing a good deal of stairs at tourist sites, definitely got me fit. plus being away from the greasey crappy all you can eat dining hall.

Pushups do all that they need to do for me. They build muscles in my shoulders, arms and abs, they're good for the heart, and they're simple.

I don't do them as often as I should though. 7 years ago (wow it's been that long!) I dislocated my right shoulder which left permanent damage, and I need to keep my shoulders strong to prevent future redislocation, and sometimes I'll get into the groove of exercising, and other times like now I'm just lazy even though I know I shouldn't be :uhoh:

Varitek said:
sure ax sure

yeah i didnt join a gym while i was abroad but walking around in vienna and then everywhere i travelled, plus climbing a good deal of stairs at tourist sites, definitely got me fit. plus being away from the greasey crappy all you can eat dining hall.

Ever since I've moved to Melbourne, I've been surprised just how much walking more has done for me. And I try to eat fairly well. I don't eat brilliantly, but I think my main meals are fairly healthy. Of my dinner meals, I think only the pizza I make could be classed as unhealthy.

Alright, I think it's time to see if I can think up any more demotivationals.

Damnit, I'm scrolling through my old U2 screenshots and no demotivational ideas are coming to me at all. :down:

Alright, I'm out for the night. It's nice and cool here. Time to put a blanket on the bed and curl up with a book.

:wave:

Shit, a girl goes to sleep, gets left for dead in the post counts and then the thread dies totally :tsk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom