Whakapapa Skifield Superthread aka Incest Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phillyfan26 said:
Fall/Winter: T-shirt, jeans, sweatshirt.

Spring/Summer: T-shirt, shorts.

What do you wear?

Winter: blazer (which I don't wash regularly) or sweatshirt, t-shirt, trousers.

Summer: long-sleeved shirts, trousers.

All t-shirts need to be ironed, as they come out of the washing machine creased to all hell. Now, sure, hanging them up straight away helps a bit, but there can still be some seriously unsightly creases.

phillyfan26 said:
IE's security holes made it so bad that it crashes my computer when I use it. Thus, I use Firefox, and, quite frankly, it's ten times better than IE. Tabbed browsing FTW.

Tabbed browsing is the best thing ever. Keeps things so much saner for me. I love how IE had to bow to pressure and jump on that bandwagon.

I also love how I have a really old version of AIM (back before it got stupid bells and whistles), cracked to have tabs Firefox-style.

Axver said:

Tabbed browsing is the best thing ever. Keeps things so much saner for me. I love how IE had to bow to pressure and jump on that bandwagon.

I also love how I have a really old version of AIM (back before it got stupid bells and whistles), cracked to have tabs Firefox-style.

I have AIM 5.9 on this computer, no tabs still. :lol:

phillyfan26 said:
Trousers and no jeans? There's the answer.

Jeans are the worst.

How can you possibly wear t-shirts without ironing them, though? I mean, they must be so creased.

Axver said:

Jeans are the worst.

How can you possibly wear t-shirts without ironing them, though? I mean, they must be so creased.

No, I get 'em outta the dryer, shake 'em out a few times, and they're good to go.

The key is to get them right out of the dryer, though. If you wait, they begin to crease.

and the only thing i iron is occasionally, dress pants or a blouse.

i dont like aim tabbed browsing. but then i haven't used aim since fall 06, starting in 07 i exclusively used gchat, and now i log into aim on that.

phillyfan26 said:

No, I get 'em outta the dryer, shake 'em out a few times, and they're good to go.

The key is to get them right out of the dryer, though. If you wait, they begin to crease.

Oooh, there we go, you have a dryer. I don't. Waste of electricity and I don't have the room to put one in this tiny flat or the money to buy one even if I wanted it.

I prefer clothes when they've dried on the line anyway.

Axver said:

Jeans are the worst.

It depends on how you fold them, and how you hang them up. Mine are never really badly creased.

And if anyone cares,

Summer = knee-length shorts + tshirt
Autumn / Spring = knee-length shorts + tshirt + sweater
Winter = jeans + long-sleeved tshirt + inner tshirt + jacket, depending on how cold.

phillyfan26 said:

:up:

besides tshirt fabric is made to be really crease resistant. i don't even hang most of my shirts, just throw them in the drawer, sometimes folded.

And just randomly, what the hell is it with almost every guy I know and suddenly going to the gym to build up their upper body? :huh: Seems to be the new craze around here. And they never work on their legs, too, which means they look like upside-down triangles that'll break.

major_panic said:
And just randomly, what the hell is it with almost every guy I know and suddenly going to the gym to build up their upper body? :huh: Seems to be the new craze around here. And they never work on their legs, too, which means they look like upside-down triangles that'll break.

:lol:

There's a craze I won't be joining in a hurry.

Axver said:

Oooh, there we go, you have a dryer. I don't. Waste of electricity and I don't have the room to put one in this tiny flat or the money to buy one even if I wanted it.

I prefer clothes when they've dried on the line anyway.

i line dry a lot of my clothes because i don't want to shrink them or they can't be dried. but things like jeans need a good shrinking up in the dryer. i prefer jeans dried, other clothes i don't really care.

for the record

summer - jeans, capris or knee lengths, skirts, occasionally shorts, with tshirts/tanks. the occasional sundress.

fall/spring - jeans, tshirts/tanks

winter - jeans, tshirts/tanks with a sweater or sweatshirt or a few long sleeve shirts or a few blouses

different story if i'm working and need business attire. and i have nicer shirts than tshirts that i wear out. i'm currently pondering which one to wear tonight - i think i wanna wear the brown one cause i haven't worn those new earings that match it yet.

Axver said:

There's a craze I won't be joining in a hurry.

I don't even get why they do it. I mean, sure, exercise is great for you, but WHY THE HELL do you need a huge upper body for? Don't people realise that it just looks freaking weird on Asians?

Besides, for all their weight training and looking big and dangerous and having a bicep the size of my thigh, I can STILL kick their asses without trying!

And the "I'm doing it to get girls" excuse is just crap, I'm sorry.

Also, why go pump iron in a gym when you can do some real exercise at home or in a class, and learn something useful at the same time, like how to punch so that you don't break your hand?

[/rant]

I wear long sleeve T-shirts in the winter, but only just past my elbows because I roll up the sleeves on everything I wear.

I own one suit, a pair of Khaki's, and four dress shirts. And two ties. And one pair of black dress shoes.

major_panic said:

i fucking love upper bodies with muscles. but guys should never neglect their legs, you should be proportional. a nice ass is key anyway. and man, calves can really do it for me, as i learned when my freshman crush wore shorts in class yesterday.

phillyfan26 said:
I own one suit, a pair of Khaki's, and four dress shirts. And two ties. And one pair of black dress shoes.

that's enough.

and i totally buy that guys go to the gym for girls. i wouldn't spend nearly as much time at the gym if it weren't for wanting to look hot. i still like being in good shape to feel fit and energetic, but would i do the leg machines to tone up or push myself as hard? no.

major_panic said:

I don't even get why they do it. I mean, sure, exercise is great for you, but WHY THE HELL do you need a huge upper body for? Don't people realise that it just looks freaking weird on Asians?

Besides, for all their weight training and looking big and dangerous and having a bicep the size of my thigh, I can STILL kick their asses without trying!

And the "I'm doing it to get girls" excuse is just crap, I'm sorry.

Also, why go pump iron in a gym when you can do some real exercise at home or in a class, and learn something useful at the same time, like how to punch so that you don't break your hand?

[/rant]

See, my attitude is "you look lame most of the time, and it's just all too much effort". I'll work out my brain instead, thanks.

phillyfan26 said:

I have two suits (both used about once, I think), one other pair of black suit pants, several casual dress shirts, one pair of black dress shoes. I refuse to wear a tie unless I absolutely have to - this is bloody Australia, nobody wears ties except old people and politicians!

I don't have a gym membership, which doesn't help, but I try to lift as much as I can.

phillyfan26 said:
I wear long sleeve T-shirts in the winter, but only just past my elbows because I roll up the sleeves on everything I wear.

I always wear long sleeves, whether it's my blazer over a t-shirt or just a long sleeved shirt on its own. Why? Albinism and eczema.

Varitek said:

and i totally buy that guys go to the gym for girls. i wouldn't spend nearly as much time at the gym if it weren't for wanting to look hot. i still like being in good shape to feel fit and energetic, but would i do the leg machines to tone up or push myself as hard? no.

Fair enough, I just don't see why freaking everyone tells me I should do it just because they're doing it too. I have my own ways of being in good shape, thanks!

phillyfan26 said:
I don't have a gym membership, which doesn't help, but I try to lift as much as I can.

Gym memberships around here are overpriced anyway. I personally stick to pushups, situps and punching bag, with a little bit of dumbbell exercise for the chest and back.

haha u2dem didn't share my love for calves. it's ok, i just got into them yesterday while i stared at them in class. and he was figetting, flexing his muscles and stuff :drool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom