Whakapapa Skifield Superthread aka Incest Superthread - Page 7 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2008, 07:51 AM   #91
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:33 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Awesome! And there's so much awesome stuff so close together in Europe.... good luck with it!
yeah. being an au pair would be a weird change of pace and change of plans, but it also sounds really, really nice for a little less than a year. the families all sound great and i love kids, and i need to learn french, and i'd have some time to write, and etc. etc. I've got a lot of interest in me out of Geneva because my profile's got my education and career interests, and right now (in the early stages of talking to families) I already feel like I'll have trouble deciding between 2-5 wonderful families. One's offering $600 a month plus french tuition, so I think I'll try and make that my standard unless I hear something better.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #92
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

That would suck if so. I'd look it up to see if I can confirm it either way, but that requires effort and I don't care that much about the song. Also I'm kind of happier not knowing they fucked up what would've been a good instrumental.
the u2.com vid that is now on youtube where he talks about it and then forgets the words is what gave me that impression.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #93
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 06:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
I'm thinking of going to England for a few months at the end of next year, so as not to waste my Brit citizenship and to see what it's like.
I'm thinking of doing the 12-month working holiday visa in the UK before I get too old for it....
Old 03-27-2008, 07:52 AM   #94
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 05:03 PM
Quote:

You know what I love? The Tongan rugby team also has a pre-game war dance, and when they play the All Blacks, they do theirs WHILE THE ALL BLACKS DO THE HAKA. It's so fucking intense.

The bad part? I saw Tonga vs New Zealand at the 2003 Rugby World Cup, but thanks to a transportation fuck-up, I got to the venue just as the Haka finished. Still regret that.
Whoa, that sounds sweet (though it's pretty cool seeing the opposition bite their lips and shit their shorts while the haka is going on). Any videos of it on Youtube?

Sucks about you missing it, but don't worry. Around 2001 I arrived at Footy Park where the Eagles were coming out of their bus, and I forgot a texta. So the first time I see any of them up close, I can't even get their autographs.

Oh well, I made up for it later. I'm sure you will too.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:53 AM   #95
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 04:33 AM
I kind of like the lyrics
Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #96
Blue Crack Addict

this is awesome.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #97
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Very nice! So you know people there already?

I'm thinking of going to England for a few months at the end of next year, so as not to waste my Brit citizenship and to see what it's like.
i don't know anyone, just in contact with some lovely families via an au pair finding website. it's a really international city which would be fun for networking, meeting interesting men and then of course it's close to other great places.

i am so jealous of anyone with eu citizenship. i tried to get it through the holocaust remittance acts and i would have succeeded if i had a grandfather and not a grandmother who'd come out. at sexist citizenship laws.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #98
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
That would suck if so. I'd look it up to see if I can confirm it either way, but that requires effort and I don't care that much about the song. Also I'm kind of happier not knowing they fucked up what would've been a good instrumental.
I've only listened to Wave of Sorrow about twice. It just doesn't grab me, musically or lyrically...
Old 03-27-2008, 07:54 AM   #99
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

the u2.com vid that is now on youtube where he talks about it and then forgets the words is what gave me that impression.
Oh yeah, that video was frankly embarrassing. I felt bad for the guy just watching it.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 07:55 AM   #100
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 05:33 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

Holy fuck! That's unreal. I'd say it's awesome in a whole different way. The haka is good in a primal FUCK YOU way, but this is good in a hey bitch I can do this lol way.
Old 03-27-2008, 07:55 AM   #101
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by mysterious_jen
this is awesome.

Old 03-27-2008, 07:56 AM   #102
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I'm thinking of doing the 12-month working holiday visa in the UK before I get too old for it....
if you're there while i'm there we can visit each other! that goes for anyone. i've got a friend who'll be working in london as well who i haven't seen in some years.

i put in my extended interview section of my profile that i'm a u2 nut and if they tour i'll be taking some of my vacation to follow them. just so the families are forewarned.

WHY AREN'T YOUTUBE VIDS WORKING FOR ME??
Old 03-27-2008, 07:56 AM   #103
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
yeah. being an au pair would be a weird change of pace and change of plans, but it also sounds really, really nice for a little less than a year. the families all sound great and i love kids, and i need to learn french, and i'd have some time to write, and etc. etc. I've got a lot of interest in me out of Geneva because my profile's got my education and career interests, and right now (in the early stages of talking to families) I already feel like I'll have trouble deciding between 2-5 wonderful families. One's offering $600 a month plus french tuition, so I think I'll try and make that my standard unless I hear something better.
Wow! That sounds great... I have some friends in the UK who have an au pair, they've had people from France and Poland and all over the place. Sounds like a great way to see a place and get into the culture, as long as you don't mind cleaning and kids and stuff...
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #104
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

I've only listened to Wave of Sorrow about twice. It just doesn't grab me, musically or lyrically...
i definitely like rise up and desert of our love better. i remember getting the cd, after all hte WOS hype, and thinking "wtf the other 2 are better"
Old 03-27-2008, 07:57 AM   #105
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:

Hey, is that you?

Tags
superthread