Whakapapa Skifield Superthread aka Incest Superthread - Page 16 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2008, 09:30 AM   #226
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 11:45 AM
Good evening, U2dem!

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 09:31 AM   #227
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

Oooh, there we go, you have a dryer. I don't. Waste of electricity and I don't have the room to put one in this tiny flat or the money to buy one even if I wanted it.

I prefer clothes when they've dried on the line anyway.
i line dry a lot of my clothes because i don't want to shrink them or they can't be dried. but things like jeans need a good shrinking up in the dryer. i prefer jeans dried, other clothes i don't really care.

for the record

summer - jeans, capris or knee lengths, skirts, occasionally shorts, with tshirts/tanks. the occasional sundress.

fall/spring - jeans, tshirts/tanks

winter - jeans, tshirts/tanks with a sweater or sweatshirt or a few long sleeve shirts or a few blouses

different story if i'm working and need business attire. and i have nicer shirts than tshirts that i wear out. i'm currently pondering which one to wear tonight - i think i wanna wear the brown one cause i haven't worn those new earings that match it yet.

Old 03-27-2008, 09:32 AM   #228
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 10:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

There's a craze I won't be joining in a hurry.
I don't even get why they do it. I mean, sure, exercise is great for you, but WHY THE HELL do you need a huge upper body for? Don't people realise that it just looks freaking weird on Asians?

Besides, for all their weight training and looking big and dangerous and having a bicep the size of my thigh, I can STILL kick their asses without trying!

And the "I'm doing it to get girls" excuse is just crap, I'm sorry.

Also, why go pump iron in a gym when you can do some real exercise at home or in a class, and learn something useful at the same time, like how to punch so that you don't break your hand?

[/rant]
Old 03-27-2008, 09:34 AM   #229
Blue Crack Supplier

I wear long sleeve T-shirts in the winter, but only just past my elbows because I roll up the sleeves on everything I wear.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:35 AM   #230
Blue Crack Supplier

I own one suit, a pair of Khaki's, and four dress shirts. And two ties. And one pair of black dress shoes.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:36 AM   #231
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
And just randomly, what the hell is it with almost every guy I know and suddenly going to the gym to build up their upper body? Seems to be the new craze around here. And they never work on their legs, too, which means they look like upside-down triangles that'll break.
i fucking love upper bodies with muscles. but guys should never neglect their legs, you should be proportional. a nice ass is key anyway. and man, calves can really do it for me, as i learned when my freshman crush wore shorts in class yesterday.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #232
Blue Crack Addict

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
I own one suit, a pair of Khaki's, and four dress shirts. And two ties. And one pair of black dress shoes.
that's enough.

and i totally buy that guys go to the gym for girls. i wouldn't spend nearly as much time at the gym if it weren't for wanting to look hot. i still like being in good shape to feel fit and energetic, but would i do the leg machines to tone up or push myself as hard? no.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #233
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

I don't even get why they do it. I mean, sure, exercise is great for you, but WHY THE HELL do you need a huge upper body for? Don't people realise that it just looks freaking weird on Asians?

Besides, for all their weight training and looking big and dangerous and having a bicep the size of my thigh, I can STILL kick their asses without trying!

And the "I'm doing it to get girls" excuse is just crap, I'm sorry.

Also, why go pump iron in a gym when you can do some real exercise at home or in a class, and learn something useful at the same time, like how to punch so that you don't break your hand?

[/rant]

See, my attitude is "you look lame most of the time, and it's just all too much effort". I'll work out my brain instead, thanks.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 09:38 AM   #234
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:45 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

i fucking love upper bodies with muscles. but guys should never neglect their legs, you should be proportional. a nice ass is key anyway. .
So true
Old 03-27-2008, 09:39 AM   #235
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I have two suits (both used about once, I think), one other pair of black suit pants, several casual dress shirts, one pair of black dress shoes. I refuse to wear a tie unless I absolutely have to - this is bloody Australia, nobody wears ties except old people and politicians!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:40 AM   #236
Blue Crack Supplier

I don't have a gym membership, which doesn't help, but I try to lift as much as I can.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:41 AM   #237
Vocal parasite

Quote:
I wear long sleeve T-shirts in the winter, but only just past my elbows because I roll up the sleeves on everything I wear.
I always wear long sleeves, whether it's my blazer over a t-shirt or just a long sleeved shirt on its own. Why? Albinism and eczema.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 09:41 AM   #238
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek

and i totally buy that guys go to the gym for girls. i wouldn't spend nearly as much time at the gym if it weren't for wanting to look hot. i still like being in good shape to feel fit and energetic, but would i do the leg machines to tone up or push myself as hard? no.
Fair enough, I just don't see why freaking everyone tells me I should do it just because they're doing it too. I have my own ways of being in good shape, thanks!
Old 03-27-2008, 09:43 AM   #239
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
I don't have a gym membership, which doesn't help, but I try to lift as much as I can.
Gym memberships around here are overpriced anyway. I personally stick to pushups, situps and punching bag, with a little bit of dumbbell exercise for the chest and back.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:44 AM   #240
Blue Crack Addict

haha u2dem didn't share my love for calves. it's ok, i just got into them yesterday while i stared at them in class. and he was figetting, flexing his muscles and stuff

Tags
superthread