Whakapapa Skifield Superthread aka Incest Superthread - Page 13 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2008, 08:55 AM   #181
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:29 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura

Suuuure, blame the tiredness and typos...
Considering I spelt it right in all other instances, I think it's safe to say it was a typo. You can't talk, Ms "Lichtenstein".

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 08:56 AM   #182
Vocal parasite

Quote:

My IE is screwed up too... yesterday it had no toolbars or navigation bars or anything... then some of it came back but it's still all messed up.

You use IE?

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 08:57 AM   #183
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 12:29 PM
Morning ... holy shit, new thread.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:58 AM   #184
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Axver
I'm entirely convinced the invention of Guinness preceded the invention of the Irish Gaelic language by roughly 30 minutes.
I saw a cartoon once that documented ancient Ireland and the invention of beer or Guinness... thousands of years ago it was a space-age high-tech society of geniuses... then "Hey, try this new beverage Paddy invented..."

Cue collapse of civilisation.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:59 AM   #185
Vocal parasite

Quote:

I saw a cartoon once that documented ancient Ireland and the invention of beer or Guinness... thousands of years ago it was a space-age high-tech society of geniuses... then "Hey, try this new beverage Paddy invented..."

I think I've seen that!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 08:59 AM   #186
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:59 AM
Quote:

I'm entirely convinced the invention of Guinness preceded the invention of the Irish Gaelic language by roughly 30 minutes.
Gaelic is sure young.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:59 AM   #187
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 03:29 AM
Quote:

What fucked over the Moriori is that they were pacifists. They were descended from ... I think the Ngai Tahu in Canterbury, but after a few hundred years of isolation on the Chatham Islands away from mainland Maori, they developed their own cultural identity. Part of this was that they were pacifists. The resource balance on the Chathams was so delicate that it simply could not sustain war, so they developed a system of peaceful conflict resolution. When a Maori tribe from Taranaki invaded in the 1830s, they stuck rigidly to their pacifist system and got completely and utterly decimated.

Also, regarding China, you guys need some of those honourable men to replace the current fools in power. Somebody who doesn't need to measure the size of his country like it's the size of his dick and is willing to just let Tibet go.
Once again, ouch. Being invaded and wiped out by others kinda sucks, although I guess you couldn't complain about it after? That's the only problem I have with pacifism - it's all well and good to avoid violence and bloodshed, but at some point someone's gonna want to screw you over; what do you do?

And, I think I should be in charge of China. Or better yet, one of the more progressive emperors. I think the thing with China is that it's had land for so bloody long, it can't accept letting go. "What would my ancestors say!"

It always amazes me looking at Chinese history; they could've had several industrial revolutions and taken over the world the way America sort of has about 200 years ago, but were set back by their own bureaucracy, politics and the fact that they didn't really need industrialisation thanks to the shitload of workers they ad.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:00 AM   #188
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Old 03-27-2008, 09:01 AM   #189
Vocal parasite

Hey Urine Appreciator, we showed your little Vazza/PFan thing up in a big way. Kiwis for the win!

Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic
gluey 320
Axver 227
Gluey beat Andrew's record for most posts in a thread (he had 317 in Te Urewera).

We sure as hell did not arse around in Giggleswick.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #190
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 02:59 AM
Quote:

That was Family Guy, right?
Old 03-27-2008, 09:02 AM   #191
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk

So Gaelic was invented in 1789?
No. Everything before 1789 is a booze-filled haze. It's the earliest known date of Guinness's existence, much like we know An Cat Dubh did not debut on the date given on U2VT but everything before is lost in the haze.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 09:03 AM   #192
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by phillyfan26
Morning ... holy shit, new thread.
Morning PFan,

Old 03-27-2008, 09:03 AM   #193
Blue Crack Addict

hey peefan. i like your sig. and it's funny that diamond had you on ignore. i'm pretty sure he has me on ignore.
Old 03-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #194
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

And in case you didn't get it the first time,

Old 03-27-2008, 09:05 AM   #195
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
Originally posted by Varitek
hey peefan. i like your sig. and it's funny that diamond had you on ignore. i'm pretty sure he has me on ignore.
The funny thing was that he would tell people about it like it was a feather in his cap. He'd often post his ignore list when he didn't feel like replying.

And, yes, you're in:

Despite being greatly outnumbered by Aussies and Kiwis, we were heroes ... just for one day.

Tags
superthread