Whakapapa Skifield Superthread aka Incest Superthread - Page 11 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand > Lemonade Stand Archive
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2008, 08:24 AM   #151
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 11:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by The Sad Punk
So a few nights ago at around midnight I drew this:

I don't know why?
superwin?

Old 03-27-2008, 08:25 AM   #152
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 03:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by major_panic

I remember reading about that, and thinking something like "if you pansies can't take the sight of them performing a war dance, you're gonna deserve what you get for making them do it indoors".
I didn't fully get the details of the dispute, and it seemed both sides were rather unwilling to compromise on the matter. But the end result was just that the Welsh got themselves totally fucked over. They played their cards in absolutely the wrong way and nothing they could do on-field was going to fix it.

Also, I love how at home games, Australia's been trying to create some sort of Haka response by getting some musician to lead the crowd in a Waltzing Matilda sing-along. That makes me laugh. It deserves a poster:

HAKA RESPONSE
You're doing it wrong.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 08:26 AM   #153
Blue Crack Supplier

Doing martial arts doesn't psych you up enough on its own, maj.?

Also, should not have had coke with dinner. Not at all tired and it's nearly bed time.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:27 AM   #154
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Hey, Ax, apparently the Isle of Man did the whole women's suffrage thing, albeit not as an independent nation, before NZ. Being Manx myself, I think it is appropriate that you no longer pay out the shitty country I live in just because we're not as good as New Zealand.
Yeah, there were a few non-independent entities who did it first. Though was the Manx one limited to property-holding women? I know some were, but I can't remember which.

Also, that's pretty fucking cool that you're of Manx descent. In about 2003 or so, I tried to teach myself some of the Manx language as it looks really fascinating, but it was hard to do it as a bit of a lone wolf, and I completely sucked at the pronunciation.

"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 08:27 AM   #155
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Local Time: 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Axver

I didn't fully get the details of the dispute, and it seemed both sides were rather unwilling to compromise on the matter. But the end result was just that the Welsh got themselves totally fucked over. They played their cards in absolutely the wrong way and nothing they could do on-field was going to fix it.

Also, I love how at home games, Australia's been trying to create some sort of Haka response by getting some musician to lead the crowd in a Waltzing Matilda sing-along. That makes me laugh. It deserves a poster:

HAKA RESPONSE
You're doing it wrong.
The only way to respond to the haka, I've concluded, is to either look like you don't give a damn or to pull out some equally awesome war-dance.

Pity the Aussies can't really do it though, unless they pull out an Aboriginal war dance (if such things exist? I'm sure they do).
Old 03-27-2008, 08:28 AM   #156
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
Also, I love how the dude made the first comment, said "Yay, first comment!" without actually commenting on the vid... and then there were no more comments.

<--- easily amused

I didn't notice that. I as a rule ignore YouTube comments. They seem to be made by the stupidest people on the planet most of the time.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 08:30 AM   #157
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:
Originally posted by Alisaura
Doing martial arts doesn't psych you up enough on its own, maj.?

Also, should not have had coke with dinner. Not at all tired and it's nearly bed time.
Nah, the haka is much more primitive and brutal. Chinese martial arts are too pretty and flowery most of the time, and when you do a brutal, primitive performance, you just end up tired because odds are you've been doing flying kicks all around the place.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:30 AM   #158
Vocal parasite

Quote:

The only way to respond to the haka, I've concluded, is to either look like you don't give a damn or to pull out some equally awesome war-dance.

Pity the Aussies can't really do it though, unless they pull out an Aboriginal war dance (if such things exist? I'm sure they do).
Oh, I don't doubt there's a fucking sweet Aboriginal response they could do. But considering that getting to the National Apology was like pulling teeth, and Aboriginal culture might as well not exist in the public consciousness, I don't see it happening for a while.

Another problem, of course, is the fact Aboriginal players are fairly rare on the Wallabies. The All Blacks always has its fair share of Maoris and Pacific Islanders, or people with at least some Maori blood in them.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #159
Blue Crack Supplier

Quote:
I didn't notice that. I as a rule ignore YouTube comments. They seem to be made by the stupidest people on the planet most of the time.
They are. Sometimes there are interesting bits of trivia (usually by interferencers), but usually it's utter drivel, or a flame war.

I just notice stupid little things like that.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #160
Vocal parasite

Quote:
That's it, I've got to learn the haka now and use it to psyche myself up before performing martial arts. Or something. I just want an excuse to do it.
I can at least teach you the correct pronunciation of the words!

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 08:32 AM   #161
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:45 AM
Youtube comments are usually awful, but sometimes they're so bad they're worth reading just to make you laugh.

Quote:

Yeah, there were a few non-independent entities who did it first. Though was the Manx one limited to property-holding women? I know some were, but I can't remember which.

Also, that's pretty fucking cool that you're of Manx descent. In about 2003 or so, I tried to teach myself some of the Manx language as it looks really fascinating, but it was hard to do it as a bit of a lone wolf, and I completely sucked at the pronunciation.
I believe so. But I didn't know anything about Manx history until last year in which my grandpa discovered that our heritage is very Manx, rather than British as we had suspected. I may have to learn some of our Gaelic sometime, because as we're fairly small in number I think it's worth preserving the heritage!
Old 03-27-2008, 08:33 AM   #162
Vocal parasite

Quote:

Nah, the haka is much more primitive and brutal. Chinese martial arts are too pretty and flowery most of the time, and when you do a brutal, primitive performance, you just end up tired because odds are you've been doing flying kicks all around the place.
Yeah, that's the great thing about the Haka, it's straight to the point: "You're about to die at my hands. Get ready, bitch."

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 08:37 AM   #163
Rock n' Roll Doggie
ALL ACCESS

Quote:

Yeah, that's the great thing about the Haka, it's straight to the point: "You're about to die at my hands. Get ready, bitch."
The problem with the Chinese is that when it comes to fighting, they're either very subtle, or not at all.

They follow the traditions and rituals of offering opportunities to the other party to surrender, and meeting their leaders and so on and so forth, then they all line up, some guy yells "KILL!" and twenty thousand Asian guys in armour run forward screaming.

So, not much opportunity there for war dancing.
Old 03-27-2008, 08:38 AM   #164
Vocal parasite

Quote:
Youtube comments are usually awful, but sometimes they're so bad they're worth reading just to make you laugh.
Yeah, sometimes the idiocy brings the lulz, but like Ali said, too often it's just complete drivel or a flame war. Nobody needs to read a "ur gay" "ur a n00b" "f&ck off" argument.

I also don't get a lot of the very rude and insulting comments. I have a hard time believing that many people watch shit they know they won't like and/or go around insulting videos because they have nothing better to do.

Quote:
I believe so. But I didn't know anything about Manx history until last year in which my grandpa discovered that our heritage is very Manx, rather than British as we had suspected. I may have to learn some of our Gaelic sometime, because as we're fairly small in number I think it's worth preserving the heritage!
Ahh, cool. Yeah, I started learning the Manx language when I read about how it had almost died and efforts were being made to revive it. It seems really awesome. I also tried Cornish for the same reason - plus I have a small bit of Cornish heritage somewhere along the way.

Gig pictures | Blog
Old 03-27-2008, 08:40 AM   #165
Vocal parasite

Quote:

The problem with the Chinese is that when it comes to fighting, they're either very subtle, or not at all.

They follow the traditions and rituals of offering opportunities to the other party to surrender, and meeting their leaders and so on and so forth, then they all line up, some guy yells "KILL!" and twenty thousand Asian guys in armour run forward screaming.

So, not much opportunity there for war dancing.
The Maori sure as hell didn't fart-arse around with traditional ritual niceties like that. As evidenced by the fact some Taranaki Maori wiped out the Moriori tribe on the Chatman Islands so thoroughly that no full-blooded Moriori are left ...

Gig pictures | Blog

Tags
superthread