Wetwang Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know! I appreciate their economy of sound, since too many CDs are overstuffed, but come on! There has to be a happy medium between 30 minutes and 80 minutes.

Like I said - not The Ramones!

corianderstem said:
I know! I appreciate their economy of sound, since too many CDs are overstuffed, but come on! There has to be a happy medium between 30 minutes and 80 minutes.

Like I said - not The Ramones!

I tend to think a good length for an album is around 50-60 minutes, preferably closer to 50 than 60. And at least get past 40 minutes! 30 minutes is pretty much an EP now.

Though there is something to be said for not weighing the thing down with shitloads of filler just to get to a certain length.

OK, so it's Easter weekend, March Madness, daughter out of town, and the cable box in the living room is not fukking working. We have no cable in the living room, though I think we might have channels in the bedroom (different box). We have to wait til Monday for the cable guy to come out. :yell: :angry:

RavenBlue said:
Is March Madness all aboot the basketball?

Yes, yes it is.
MarchMadness.gif

The Sound of Music is on ABC Family. Yay!

It's sad that I'll stop and watch a movie on TV when I own the DVD. But I guess I don't want to commit to a DVD tonight, so I'll watch this until I'm ready to do something else.

I've learned to almost like American football, I've come to almost love baseball .... basketball? Not so much.

It still amazes me that Americans give a shit about university-level sport. But I suppose when nobody else plays your shitty sports so you lose the international level of competition, you've got to have something else to turn to.

Yes, Dalton, this post is dedicated to you.

Basketball is my preferred sport of choice, though I don't know a lot about college basketball. Always root for UCLA though :)
Hubby always picks them for the final 2, and this year they are ranked to deserve to be there I think

corianderstem said:
I never give animals middle names. How's that?
I forgot to mention it earlier, but The Girl Cat's full name was: The Girl Cat AKA Drew Barrymore. She looked like Drew Barrymore, you see :yes: ( :reject: )

cinnaminson said:
i believe i can fly, i believe i can touch the sky

i have no idea what that song is but those lyrics just stick in my head :mad:
We had a parody of that we used to sing at school.

Original lyrics:

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
You see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly

Our lyrics:

I believe I can fly
I got shot by the FBI
All I wanted was some chicken wings
Mashed potatoes and collard greens
I believe I can soar
You see me running through that grocery store
I believe I can fly

:lol:

Axver said:
It still amazes me that Americans give a shit about university-level sport.

I some people love college sports but loathe pro sports because at the college level, it's mostly still about the game, and not about superstars, and endorsements, and money, etc.

DreamOutLoud13 said:

I forgot to mention it earlier, but The Girl Cat's full name was: The Girl Cat AKA Drew Barrymore. She looked like Drew Barrymore, you see :yes: ( :reject: )

We had a parody of that we used to sing at school.

Original lyrics:

I believe I can fly
I believe I can touch the sky
I think about it every night and day
Spread my wings and fly away
I believe I can soar
You see me running through that open door
I believe I can fly

Our lyrics:

I believe I can fly
I got shot by the FBI
All I wanted was some chicken wings
Mashed potatoes and collard greens
I believe I can soar
You see me running through that grocery store
I believe I can fly

:lol:

:lmao:

corianderstem said:

I some people love college sports but loathe pro sports because at the college level, it's mostly still about the game, and not about superstars, and endorsements, and money, etc.

This is what we have provincial level sport for in New Zealand.

In fact, rugby even at the international level was a wholly amateur sport until 1995, though by the early 1990s it was really just professionalism in disguise.

cinnaminson said:
I'm slightly distracted :shifty: am making cds for work. One of the other girls always tries to put on the Pussycat Dolls:sad: I try to stop it by making loads and loads of other cds

I thought listening to the Pussycat Dolls would be grounds for being fired.

Axver said:
It still amazes me that Americans give a shit about university-level sport. But I suppose when nobody else plays your shitty sports so you lose the international level of competition, you've got to have something else to turn to.

Yes, Dalton, this post is dedicated to you.

It's very simple: the NBA is to college basketball what baseball is to cricket ... a watered down version.

The NBA has become a parody of basketball, an absurd amount of flash, very little real gameplay. It's all become about highlight reels and advertisements.

College basketball is the best level of play for basketball. It's still basketball at that level.

phillyfan26 said:

It's very simple: the NBA is to college basketball what baseball is to cricket ... a watered down version.

The NBA has become a parody of basketball, an absurd amount of flash, very little real gameplay. It's all become about highlight reels and advertisements.

College basketball is the best level of play for basketball. It's still basketball at that level.

:lol: Nice comparison. But that's really fucking sad. Especially since there's actually international level competition in basketball. Not that I've ever paid much attention to the sport. It's the one popular-in-the-US sport I'm happy to tolerate, but it doesn't excite me that much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom