Wetwang Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
cinnaminson said:

really?? I find that plain orange juice makes me want to gag, that vomit disposal bag would come in handy

You'd think that after living in QLD for nine years, I would have gotten into mango. Hell no. I think it's the very worst tasting fruit.

I love pineapple though.

cinnaminson said:
Lemon has a nicer sound than Bullet the Blue Sky or Sunday Bloody Sunday

:lol: Yeah. And what about Alex Descends Into Hell For A Bottle Of Milk/Korova 1? Not quite the catchiest cat name in history.

Why do I keep looking in FYM as if it might suddenly have threads worth the time of day? :|

My cat's name is Phoebe, although I later wished I'd gone with Yoshimi, because how awesome would that be?

corianderstem said:

Since you asked in both threads, I'll repeat my reply.

Dude, where've YOU been? It leaked last weekend. :wink:

But the all-important question is: does it not suck?

Axver said:
But the all-important question is: does it not suck?

I do not think it sucks. I've only listened all the way through once, and my first impressions were:

- I liked a lot of it

- a lot of the songs could stand to be a minute or so longer, because dudes - you're not The Ramones

- while I don't dislike the last album as much as some other folks, it's nice to hear them rocking out again

- I have a sneaking suspicion the album might not be as good as it seemed to be on first listen; that its energy is masking something ... lack of light? or heart? lacking something, maybe.

But I intend on spending a lot more quality time with it when it's officially out and I have the CD.

I just want to sing to something named Yoshimi, every day

Oh Yoshimi
They don't believe me
But you won't let those robots eat me!

My summary of FYM threads as they stand right now:

- Stupid US presidential election scandal
- US presidential debate, surely now just incoherent mudslinging
- Iraq war thread
- the iron horse's libertarian pro-gun nutjob thread
- deep hates Obama
- Another iron horse thread surely showing the nutjob side of libertarian thought
- deep hates Obama

Etc., etc.

Snore.

corianderstem said:

I do not think it sucks. I've only listened all the way through once, and my first impressions were:

- I liked a lot of it

- a lot of the songs could stand to be a minute or so longer, because dudes - you're not The Ramones

- while I don't dislike the last album as much as some other folks, it's nice to hear them rocking out again

- I have a sneaking suspicion the album might not be as good as it seemed to be on first listen; that its energy is masking something ... lack of light? or heart? lacking something, maybe.

But I intend on spending a lot more quality time with it when it's officially out and I have the CD.

Ah, righto. I haven't decided if I can really be bothered downloading it yet or not. How does it compare stylistically to past work? My favourite albums are Fables Of The Reconstruction, Document, and Reckoning, so am I likely to find it at least somewhat interesting?

oh, gosh. I'd rule out Fables as being similar to this one, since that's such a moody album.

Maybe Reckoning, but without that old jingle-jangle of the Rickenbacker? I don't know. That's a tough call from one listen.

It's barely over 30 minutes in length - you should just download it and zip through it.

corianderstem said:
My cat's name is Phoebe, although I later wished I'd gone with Yoshimi, because how awesome would that be?

Can't she be Phoebe Yoshimi?

Axver.... it should have read

deep

hates

Obama

:)

Dalton - :lol:

I don't believe in multi-word names for pets. Unless it's Mr or Mrs something, because that just makes me laugh. :wink:

corianderstem said:
oh, gosh. I'd rule out Fables as being similar to this one, since that's such a moody album.

Maybe Reckoning, but without that old jingle-jangle of the Rickenbacker? I don't know. That's a tough call from one listen.

It's barely over 30 minutes in length - you should just download it and zip through it.

Damn. Well, I'm curious, so I probably will give it a listen anyway. And barely past 30 minutes? Wow. Did they accidentally slip back into the vinyl era or something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom