Wetwang Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Or basketball, but, yeah.

Speaking of basketball, this is the greatest basketball weekend of the year.

How about a sport that's not stereotypical for you to talk about?

I mean, I can attempt to talk about something that isn't rugby/cricket/why-I-hate-US-sport too.

OK, what sports do we mutually dislike?

My shitlist, in no particular order because I'm tired:

- Synchronised swimming
- Rugby league
- American pansyball
- Baseball
- NASCAR

I'm sure you'll remind me of something else I hate. There are a lot of sucky sports out there.

- World Football (exception: World Cup)
- Synchronized swimming
- NASCAR
- Lacrosse

What's wrong with lacrosse? I've never actually seen a game of it, but I knew someone who played it and they briefly taught me a little bit of it. It was weird.

Soccer needs its rules fixed so it's more exciting and less often ends in 0-0.

NASCAR is only exciting if you have a fetish for turning left.

NASCAR is something beloved by the south for reasons I can't fathom. I mean, I know they drink a lot when they're there, but couldn't they just do that anyway? Or is NASCAR some kind of excuse? I don't get it.

Soccer bores the shit out of me in all cases except the World Cup.

Lacrosse is just a huge amount of meh. It's kind of like an attempt to play hockey on grass by carrying the ball instead of moving it on the ice. It's supposed to be physical, but it kind of just fails at being hockey.

Yeah, I don't get NASCAR either. My friends made me sit through some shitty movie about it, Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby or something with a dumb name like that. One of the worst movies I've ever seen. Dear non-existent God.

I sometimes enjoy the English Premier League soccer. Also, I hate people who are all "nuurrrr it's football not soccer". Come live in Australia, where everybody has a different idea about what football is and then try to tell me the term has any use.

Field hockey > ice hockey as a pure sport, ice hockey > field hockey for entertainment value. Having not watched a game of lacrosse, I don't know quite how it would fit in there.

I don't understand how someone can love cricket so much and hate baseball so much. The two are pretty similar when it comes down to it.

I've got an open mind for cricket, anyway.

phillyfan26 said:
I don't understand how someone can love cricket so much and hate baseball so much. The two are pretty similar when it comes down to it.

I've got an open mind for cricket, anyway.

See, I view baseball in the same way as most beer connossieurs view American beer. It's just so watered-down.

And, come on, you don't even have a five day long form of it. Now, playing for five straight days - there's a way to separate the men from the boys, you know?

I think that sometimes before the start of the season. "Five days? That's a really long investment. It takes forever."

Then the first ball is bowled and I sit and watch every minute of the fucking thing. Well, I don't usually watch all of it, though I have it on in the background. But I did watch a shitload of the Boxing Day Test last year. Kinda disappointing game in the end really. The second Test was where it was at. You don't know excitement until a five day game comes down to the final 12 balls of the fifth day.

Axver said:
OK, what sports do we mutually dislike?

My shitlist, in no particular order because I'm tired:

- Synchronised swimming
- Rugby league
- American pansyball
- Baseball
- NASCAR

I'm sure you'll remind me of something else I hate. There are a lot of sucky sports out there.

Scratch baseball and add in figure skating. The only reason I watch it is to see people fall :evil: :reject:

Also, Varitek, we determined last night that all the crazy U2 shows happen in Boston. So, there's that.

I just finished my Spanish class project, which includes Boomerang I as the track for the closing credits.

So, I'm leaving in less than an hour to go to Philly to see the Sixers game.

I'm not much of an NBA fan, but they're good seats, so I figure I'll use them.

Andrew can do this for a while. I have a feeling I'll get bored before I can accomplish what he accomplishes.

Damn it. I haven't had a cold in over a year and now I'm completely sidelined with one. I feel like my head is going to swell up and explode soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom