Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, Underneath The Bunker is a fucking weird track. It instrumentally kind of reminds me of The Shadows, but then it throws in that odd buried, distorted vocal track.

You have to remember that REM started out as a party band, doing weird ass covers and it comes out in their records. Plus Peter Buck has the biggest and weirdest record collection....

Ok, I was going to see if I could attempt at top 50 for U2 and Bruce. It...just started hurting my head, so here are my top off of each of their respective albums. U2 had 78 representatives, Bruce had 61:

If I had to do a top ten for U2 though, it would probably be
1) TUF
2) Streets
3) Acrobat
4) EPAA
5) RTSS
6) Ultraviolet
7) Bad
8) The First Time
9) COBL
10) WOWY

I once tried to rank all of U2's tracks. I actually finished it, but couldn't agree with 95% of it. My methodology was to rank each album individually, then merge Boy and October, then War into that, then UF into that, etc.

I love that EPAA makes your top ten. Doesn't even make my top 30, but it's nice to see it get some love for a change. Though Ultra Violet? :tsk:

My top ten:
1. One Tree Hill
2. Bad
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Heartland
5. A Sort Of Homecoming
7. New Year's Day
8. Acrobat
9. Gone
10. Wild Irish Rose or Spanish Eyes, I can never decide

And this is random but I see that the thread is moving close to 1,000 posts...

How the hell do you decide what the next location is? Do you guys have a duel to the death or something to see who gets to name the location??? That would be fun to watch.

:lol:

Sometimes somebody has a destination they want to go to, or something seems really appropriate in light of what we've just been discussing on the thread (like Brest Railway Museum came up because we said we should find a town with a name like Boobies). Other times, we mine this list: User:SP-KP/ToDo/salvage2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I once tried to rank all of U2's tracks. I actually finished it, but couldn't agree with 95% of it. My methodology was to rank each album individually, then merge Boy and October, then War into that, then UF into that, etc.

I love that EPAA makes your top ten. Doesn't even make my top 30, but it's nice to see it get some love for a change. Though Ultra Violet? :tsk:

My top ten:
1. One Tree Hill
2. Bad
3. The Unforgettable Fire
4. Heartland
5. A Sort Of Homecoming
7. New Year's Day
8. Acrobat
9. Gone
10. Wild Irish Rose or Spanish Eyes, I can never decide

Oh My God...now I'm going to do something ridiculous like that. Count the number of "albums" rank them, asignt that ranking, then points for being my faovrite song on said album, or something :lol:

And I like your list too. And yes, I like Ultraviolet :madspit:

I don't know what it is for EPAA, I think I like it so much JUST to spite everyone.

Golden, thanks. I'll have to get around to downloading from that Porcupine Tree link you gave me a while ago, too.

Do you still have the PT link? There were a couple of things I meant to download on that page and never did, and now I can't remember the damn link.

:lol:

Sometimes somebody has a destination they want to go to, or something seems really appropriate in light of what we've just been discussing on the thread (like Brest Railway Museum came up because we said we should find a town with a name like Boobies). Other times, we mine this list: User:SP-KP/ToDo/salvage2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Cool. And, wow, that list of geographical names is amazing. I love it. And it should be your goal to make a thread using every single one of the names on that list.

Oh My God...now I'm going to do something ridiculous like that. Count the number of "albums" rank them, asignt that ranking, then points for being my faovrite song on said album, or something :lol:

:laugh: I don't think I could bring myself to do it any more. I settle for a top 10-20, and a bottom 10.

And a PT ranking would be fucking impossible.

Cool. And, wow, that list of geographical names is amazing. I love it. And it should be your goal to make a thread using every single one of the names on that list.

Yeah, I love this stuff. I'd laugh if we got through the whole list - and I hate to think what my post count would be! :lol:

She'll be fine. My dad's carrying on like he's the one with the broken ankle. Jesus, he's fucking hopeless.

The only one i could find was around the back, past the helipad. Good god. It would also be better if there was some parking not reserved for builders.

Holy shit you did some walking! Yeah, with the extensions going on, parking is shit at the moment, but I guess I'm used finding my way around there. My Dad was in there the week before last. :ohmy:

Now if you were Ax, you would have taken the train, and not had a worry :yes:

And can I just ask WTF is with the Cadbury Dairy Milk ad with the Gorilla playing the drums to Phail Collins? :yikes:

Eventually you guys seriously have to hit some of the ones with the word shit in their name.

Shit, Iran
Shitagoo Lake, Quebec
Shitlington Crags, England
Shitterton, England

Or maybe Sexmoan, Pampanga, Philippines... :hmm:

We nearly went to Shittlehope once. Don't remember what we did instead.

What pisses me off is that Sexmoan has now changed its name. :tsk:

We could go to Santa Claus, Indiana

Fredonia, Indiana! Oh Snap! That's the name of the country in Duck Soup

Michigan City, Indiana....Or Iowa Falls, Texas for that matter, but I happen to live in Michigan City :lol:

French Lick,French Lick, Gnaw Bone, Loogootee, Naked City, Roachdale, Toad Hop, Indiana

Etc.

Pretty much anything to rip on Indiana

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom