Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry, i'm playing Microsoft Flight Simulator.

/nerd

Honestly, Microsoft Train Simulator didn't excite me as much as I thought it would. Sure, it was fun and I loved playing it, but ... it was lacking something.

Railroad Tycoon II, on the other hand, is made of shitloads of SuperWin.

If I'm in the right mood, I LOVE the song Shiny Happy People.

It would not make a list of my top 50 R.E.M. songs but, yeah, I enjoy it. :up:

Yeah, in some moods it'd seem obnoxious, but right now I'm bored and it's fun and I bloody well enjoyed it.

And god, a top 10 list would be hard enough!

:crack: I don't think I even KNOW 50 REM songs :lol:

Oh wow. You should get on that. :wink:

R.E.M. is one of my favorite bands of all-time, for sure.

I either own or have downloaded all 14 of their studio albums. And I enjoy all of them. Some more than others, obviously.

My top 5 R.E.M. albums would look something like:

1. Automatic For the People
2. Life's Rich Pageant
3. Document
4. Murmur
5. Reckoning/Fables of the Reconstruction (tied)

Yeah, in some moods it'd seem obnoxious, but right now I'm bored and it's fun and I bloody well enjoyed it.

And god, a top 10 list would be hard enough!

It's tempted me into attempting something epic though...

Oh wow. You should get on that. :wink:

R.E.M. is one of my favorite bands of all-time, for sure.

I either own or have downloaded all 14 of their studio albums. And I enjoy all of them. Some more than others, obviously.

My top 5 R.E.M. albums would look something like:

1. Automatic For the People
2. Life's Rich Pageant
3. Document
4. Murmur
5. Reckoning/Fables of the Reconstruction (tied)

Personally, I have all the eighties albums apart from Life's Rich Pageant (which I just downloaded), Automatic, and Monster. I'd probably give my top five as:

1. Fables Of The Reconstruction
2. Reckoning
3. Document
4. Automatic For The People
5. Green

#1 and #2 are solid, but beyond that, I'm really not sure. Monster is shit besides What's The Frequency.

Personally, I have all the eighties albums apart from Life's Rich Pageant (which I just downloaded), Automatic, and Monster. I'd probably give my top five as:

1. Fables Of The Reconstruction
2. Reckoning
3. Document
4. Automatic For The People
5. Green

#1 and #2 are solid, but beyond that, I'm really not sure. Monster is shit besides What's The Frequency.

Monster has some definite weak moments but I enjoy it more than the trio of albums that immediately followed drummer Bill Berry's departure: Up, Reveal, and the close-to-terrible Around the Sun.

The one that came out this year, Accelerate, was fun...if a little light. But nothing will match their run from 82 to 92. Great stuff there. :drool:

Monster has some definite weak moments but I enjoy it more than the trio of albums that immediately followed drummer Bill Berry's departure: Up, Reveal, and the close-to-terrible Around the Sun.

The one that came out this year, Accelerate, was fun...if a little light. But nothing will match their run from 82 to 92. Great stuff there. :drool:

Right now, I'm just downloading the parts of REM's discography that I don't already have. Should be interesting to see what I make of the post-Berry stuff, as I've only heard a couple of songs from then. They didn't seem bad, though.

For me, very little is going to top tracks 1-3 of Fables and 3-5 of Reckoning.

Bah, I hate it when people upload music and don't bother to tag it. Wankers.

Right now, I'm just downloading the parts of REM's discography that I don't already have. Should be interesting to see what I make of the post-Berry stuff, as I've only heard a couple of songs from then. They didn't seem bad, though.

For me, very little is going to top tracks 1-3 of Fables and 3-5 of Reckoning.

I hope you enjoy your further ventures into the R.E.M. catalogue. :up:

But it's past 3 a.m. in my part of the world so I'm gonna fall asleep soon.

But, just to make this clear, do you crazy Superthread kids do this every night? And, if you don't mind me prying, is that why you have over 53,000 posts Axver??? :wink:

Hey Kim! :wave:

I hope you enjoy your further ventures into the R.E.M. catalogue. :up:

But it's past 3 a.m. in my part of the world so I'm gonna fall asleep soon.

But, just to make this clear, do you crazy Superthread kids do this every night? And, if you don't mind me prying, is that why you have over 53,000 posts Axver??? :wink:

I've been meaning to explore more for ages - don't know why I haven't gotten around to it until now. Looking forward to discovering more.

And yeah, pretty much. It's insanity here. You're spot on: I have made over 20,000 posts in the Superthreads in their four months of existence.

:wave:

All I really know by REM is singles :phail:

Still working on something personally epic.

Hey is there a link to the compilation Khan made?

Evening! :wave:

Indeed we are! I'm just about to play Life's Rich Pageant for the first time.

I just realized that I can't get to sleep yet.

But, Axver, wow...you've never heard Lifes Rich Pageant? I hope that you've at least heard the opening track Begin the Begin. It is in my top 10 R.E.M. tracks of all-time.

Brilliant album.

I guess if you haven't heard it yet you are about to. tell us what you think...

Good choice. Between that, and Document, and Murmurs, it's my favourite.

Oh and I like New Adventures....

Fables and Reckoning are my two favourites. Feeling Gravity's Pull has got to be one of the finest album openers anybody's ever made.

I just realized that I can't get to sleep yet.

But, Axver, wow...you've never heard Lifes Rich Pageant? I hope that you've at least heard the opening track Begin the Begin. It is in my top 10 R.E.M. tracks of all-time.

Brilliant album.

I guess if you haven't heard it yet you are about to. tell us what you think...

Yeah, I'm kind of surprised I hadn't gotten around to it before. Just one of those things that accidentally fell by the wayside, I suppose.

I do at least know Begin The Begin! It's a bloody awesome track. I also know Cuyahoga.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom