Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It does seem like, with the way Nolan is going, that the Riddler or Catwoman would be the best bet for the next one.

But there are just so many to choose from.

Definitely.

I could see Hugo Strange coming up, but probably not because Marvel's doing a Doctor Strange movie. Don't wanna confuse the two, you know?

Hahah Egghead!!! I remember him.

Bustin out the old school Adam West villains! Nice

There was also a guy named King Tut on that old show. And also some dude who used flowers as weapons. Louie the Lilac or somethin...

I love '60s Batman. That was the one I watched as a kid before Forever. The first two were too dark for me for the longest time.

I'm really bored so these are the villians I'd most like to see a various comic book movies :nerd:

Spider-Man: Venom and Carnage together against Spider-man.

X-Men: Apocalypse with Mr. Sinister. (It will never ever happen but I'd love to see The Brood or Phalanx. :drool: )

Iron Man: Ultimo vs. The Iron Legion. :combust:

Batman: Clayface played by Daniel Day-Lewis.

I'll think of more later.

The trains are painted in purty colours though

:laugh:

But oh god, now I'm having nightmares that if National win the election, Bolger will just hock off KiwiRail to the highest bidder again.

WHAT ARE YOU THINKING, LABOUR.

D-Day as Clayface cracked me the hell up. That'd be one intense piece of clay. He would've made a great Ra's, but Liam Neeson was perfect anyway.

I would've suggested Tim Roth as The Riddler, but he's already Emil motherfuckin' Blonsky. Rachel McAdams as Catwoman ftw!

David Lynch has already proved he can't direct a major "franchise" level film. His "creativity" would overshadow the character, like Tim Burton.

I have to defend him for Dune. Having read the book, it has to be the hardest fucking book to adapt to a Hollywood length film. If they made it like the Sci-Fi miniseries it would have panned out.

I have to defend him for Dune. Having read the book, it has to be the hardest fucking book to adapt to a Hollywood length film. If they made it like the Sci-Fi miniseries it would have panned out.

And he failed anyway. I like Dune, but it's a fucking disaster. The guy can't work under a major studio production, simple as that. I can't really speak since I'm unfamiliar with his work, but I'd guess that he needs pretty much 100% freedom to do whatever he wants for a film to work - although I've heard The Elephant Man is an exception.

Am I the only one seriously bothered by the Batman series being completely remade already?

I'm sure I am :wink: but, I don't know, I was content with the ones that came out just over ten years ago.

I love '60s Batman. That was the one I watched as a kid before Forever. The first two were too dark for me for the longest time.

Yup, I loved it too. When I was little I watched it for the thrills and I took it completely seriously.

When I revisit it now it's just hilarious. But equally awesome.

I'm really bored so these are the villians I'd most like to see a various comic book movies :nerd:

Spider-Man: Venom and Carnage together against Spider-man.

X-Men: Apocalypse with Mr. Sinister. (It will never ever happen but I'd love to see The Brood or Phalanx. :drool: )

Iron Man: Ultimo vs. The Iron Legion. :combust:

Batman: Clayface played by Daniel Day-Lewis.

I'll think of more later.

They really fucked up the money with Venom in this latest Spiderman movie.
It could have been sooooooooo badass. Oh well.

And, yes, Apocalypse and Mr. Sinister should appear in an X-men feature film.

As well as fucking Gambit!

Isn't the third Batman going to be based around Two-Face?

Harvey Dent's a big focus of this one, and he definitely changes into Two-Face by the end of the film. Not sure if he's actually another villain, or just a different type of vigilante. Either way, he would carry over into the third one, like you said. Hopefully.

D-Day as Clayface cracked me the hell up. That'd be one intense piece of clay. He would've made a great Ra's, but Liam Neeson was perfect anyway.

I would've suggested Tim Roth as The Riddler, but he's already Emil motherfuckin' Blonsky. Rachel McAdams as Catwoman ftw!

I suggest him because Clayface has a certain madness to him that most actors would not present very well. I'm thinking Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels.

I'll leave teh panix to you, until i hear more Kiwirail hype.

I'm somewhat reassured that National have said they won't re-privatise the network if they win the election, but I don't trust those bastards, given their history of absolutely neglecting New Zealand's infrastructure.

I just hope this KiwiRail is run by people who have half a clue what they're doing. i.e. Bolger is a political figurehead who just says what smart people tell him to say.

I suggest him because Clayface has a certain madness to him that most actors would not present very well. I'm thinking Anakin Skywalker in the Star Wars prequels.

True, but he has to physically fit the bill, too. If anything, I could see him as Mr. Freeze, who is tied to Batman & Robin enough to not be in any other Batman movie. Christian Bale would've been perfect for Anakin, actually. I could see D-Day as Qui-Gonn, but Liam Neeson was awesome in that anyway, so why bother?

Am I the only one seriously bothered by the Batman series being completely remade already?

I'm sure I am :wink: but, I don't know, I was content with the ones that came out just over ten years ago.

I don't see the need, but then I'm surprised this kind of stuff appeals to people older than about ten anyway.

I don't see the need, but then I'm surprised this kind of stuff appeals to people older than about ten anyway.

Comic books are a pulp art form, like novels or film or anything else. If it's done well, it's done well, if not, then it blows. A lot of the great stuff, especially pertaining to Batman, is pretty dark and for a generally older audience. I wouldn't equate it to modern mythology, but it's still viable entertainment to a great deal of people.

Are comic books popular where you live, too?

Gambit was so fucking cool.

Did anyone watch the old X-Men animated show back in the day?

xmen-3.jpg

Amazing cartoon. Great theme music, too. I can still remember the tune, actually, and I'm humming it right now.

No shit? I did not know that.

:hyper:

This calls for a drink!!!

Good or bad news, Ryan Reynolds is Deadpool. Gambit's an unknown, but that's pretty cool. If the movie makes money, they'd probably get their own spin-offs, too.

I loved the Spidey, Batman, and X-Men cartoons as a kid. I can still hum the X-Men theme.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom