Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't mind, since this Batman series is completely different than the previous four. But yeah, if that were to happen, he's the best guy for the part.

The problem with most comic book films is that they feel like they "have to" kill the villain by the end, especially if they're trying to establish a franchise. There are only so many characters that would transfer to the screen well, you know?

Well I think when it comes to DC heroes you are right. There weren't that many interesting characters so you sort of have to use for example the same 6-8 Batman villians.

However with Marvel there tends to be tons of villians that never make it on to the screen but should. With X-Men alone we never saw the Sentinels, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Onslaught and so on.

My friend in Texas tells me it's a pretty blatent accent, but not as bad as these other kids FROM Chicago she has a few classes with. She couldn't even stand to hear them talk because they ellongated so many A sounds.

But she laughs at the way I say grandma and grandpa. I say it gramma and grampa

And like I said before. Ijust CAN'T double t's, it always comes out as d

Well I think when it comes to DC heroes you are right. There weren't that many interesting characters so you sort of have to use for example the same 6-8 Batman villians.

However with Marvel there tends to be tons of villians that never make it on to the screen but should. With X-Men alone we never saw the Sentinels, Apocalypse, Mr. Sinister, Onslaught and so on.

Ra's al Ghul, Scarecrow, and Falcone and his mob were all new to any Batman film, I think some people forget that. The next one's gonna have Scarecrow for a bit, The Joker, and Two-Face; I also read that the third one may have The Riddler or Catwoman. I have no qualms with any of that, if the next one's good.

Right, the villains in Marvel Comics travel more freely between characters, too. Superman has Lex Luthor and Zod... maybe Braniac and Darkseid, that's about it. I can't think of anymore DC guys.

I hope this epic Spidey 4/5 combo sets up The Sinister Six or something.

Ax, Romena's theme is pretty brilliant. And the intro to Heroine is beautiful.

I'm in love already...hope this isn't the high point of the album :lol:

Personally, I do think the first half is quite a good deal stronger than the second. But then not much is going to top Rowena's Theme for me, really. :drool:

Apparently no one wanted to view my Philly accent video. Oh well.
i told everyone not to :D

My friend in Texas tells me it's a pretty blatent accent, but not as bad as these other kids FROM Chicago she has a few classes with. She couldn't even stand to hear them talk because they ellongated so many A sounds.
i talk to plenty of people from that area. i think their accents are cute :cute: especially since everyone from that area is nice. at least the ones i talk to.

I beg to differ, Batman's probably got the best rogue's gallery out of any superhero, apart from Spiderman:

The Joker - my favorite supervillain
Two-Face
Catwoman
The Riddler
The Penguin
Ra's Al Ghul
Mr. Freeze
Scarecrow
Man-Bat

Plus the mob villains were pretty cool. That's just off the top of my head.

Spider-man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, the X-Men and so on had much more quality villians.

Did someone say villain?

darth-vadar.jpg

Spider-man, Fantastic Four, Iron Man, the X-Men and so on had much more quality villians.

I could agree with you on Spidey, but the others don't match up, in my opinion. Batman's villains are just more fleshed out characters than the others, I feel.

Ra's al Ghul, Scarecrow, and Falcone and his mob were all new to any Batman film, I think some people forget that. The next one's gonna have Scarecrow for a bit, The Joker, and Two-Face; I also read that the third one may have The Riddler or Catwoman. I have no qualms with any of that, if the next one's good.

Right, the villains in Marvel Comics travel more freely between characters, too. Superman has Lex Luthor and Zod... maybe Braniac and Darkseid, that's about it. I can't think of anymore DC guys.

I hope this epic Spidey 4/5 combo sets up The Sinister Six or something.

I hope this Batman series brings a lot of unknown villians out of the woodwork. The X-Men films did the worst job of that. :down:

I'd love to see the Sinister Six. I love Mysterio and Shocker. I'd also love to see Carnage though that would probably warrant a hard R rating to really work.

I hope this Batman series brings a lot of unknown villians out of the woodwork. The X-Men films did the worst job of that. :down:

I'd love to see the Sinister Six. I love Mysterio and Shocker. I'd also love to see Carnage though that would probably warrant a hard R rating to really work.

Realistically though, who else could show up? Man-Bat? Killer Croc? Poison Ivy? Hell, Christopher Nolan once said The Penguin might not even fit in his series. The motherfuckin' Penguin.

Clayface would be cool, but I doubt he'd show up in this series.

Ian. :wave:

What the FUCK is up with JIM BOLGER - JIM GODDAMN "LET'S HOCK OFF NZ RAIL" BOLGER! - being appointed as the head of this new KiwiRail?

Seriously, what? THIS DOESN'T MAKE SENSE.

Clayface was awesome.

What about Jervis Tetch aka The Mad Hatter?

hatter2.jpg

He always bothered the shit out of me. That's like wondering why Egghead wasn't in a movie:

Egghead_batman.jpg

Egghead!

David Lynch has already proved he can't direct a major "franchise" level film. His "creativity" would overshadow the character, like Tim Burton.

It does seem like, with the way Nolan is going, that the Riddler or Catwoman would be the best bet for the next one.

But there are just so many to choose from.

Hahah Egghead!!! I remember him.

Bustin out the old school Adam West villains! Nice

There was also a guy named King Tut on that old show. And also some dude who used flowers as weapons. Louie the Lilac or somethin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom