Westward Ho!, Devon, England Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Of the unreleased tracks:
1. Rise Up
2. Desert Of Our Love
3. Wave Of Sorrow
4. Drunk Chook

The ending ruins WOS.

I generally agree here.

But Drunk Chicken is hilarious. I hope they use it as their entrance music on the Cedars Of Lebanon 2009 tour.

YLB, did you ever post your final thoughts on my list? I believe you passed out before details could emerge.

I generally agree here.

But Drunk Chicken is hilarious. I hope they use it as their entrance music on the Moroccan Metal Experience 2009.

That was our mistake in Liechtenstein. That should have opened over the PA instead of Bono doing All You Need Is Love a capella.

YLB, did you ever post your final thoughts on my list? I believe you passed out before details could emerge.

No, I did not. I'll do that now before I leave to watch The Age of Innocence.

For the most part, I really dug the songs you put on here. I was familiar and liked a good bunch of them already, but more importantly, they sounded great altogether. Flow-wise, it was really well-done. You knew where you wanted the list to go and most of the songs transitioned into each other smoothly, if not, the songs were good enough to make up for those lapses. All-in-all, I felt it was a step up from your last list and hope it does well come tourney time. It's up to that fucking hat at this point, I guess.

Later, fellas. :wave:

OK, just catching up on the thread, and found this re: DI ...

I enjoy how the formatting example has poor capitalization, yet demands it be exactly like that.

What on earth are you talking about here? The capitalisation is correct.

What on earth are you talking about here? The capitalisation is correct.

I don't think you're supposed to capitalize articles in titles, unless it's at the beginning or end of the sentence.

Yep! If you try to get to Hastings, instead of sending you the direct way along State Highway 2, it sends you the back way, more scenic but poorly maintained, along State Highway 57. It bizarrely thinks SH 57 constitutes a shorter route.

And if you try to get from Wellington to Palmerston North, it actually sends you through the campus of Massey University. WTF.
that reminds me of how it says to get from here to atlanta. you have to take route 78, so that's a given. however, i would take the interstate to get to that route. it tells me to take this back way that goes by the airport, and most importantly, where i had my near-fatal car accident! i would have a panic attack if i had to drive on that street again.

You capitalized every word. That's not correct.

Yes it is. It's a title.

I don't think you're supposed to capitalize articles in titles, unless it's at the beginning or end of the sentence.

Here, either way is grammatically correct. I used to capitalise all the time, as seen in that example, while nowadays I tend to find not capitalising to be more aesthetically pleasing. Though I still do it in cases where it's necessary to avoid confusion, primarily in cases of "and".

There was one moment when we finished one row and went around the corner to the next one, video camera in hand, and caught a guy and girl making out. The guy saw me and started to come at me. He was kinda big, as I recall. We didn't stick around to find out. :lol:

Never been to Margaritaville.
hehe, oops!

i've been to the one in vegas. it's at the flamingo. we were staying right across at caesars palace (i gotta stay loyal to my employer! i'm such a dork) so it was no big deal. i loved the way the flamingo looked inside though, it's so...pink! :love:

anyway, the atmosphere and everything at margaritaville is fun, but we had a horrible waitress. she was nice to my dad and me because we ordered alcohol. my mom just got tea and got treated like shit. that doesn't sit well with me.

Bah, why is Ian not here?

I have something to rant about and he'll actually get what I'm on about.

Alternatively: bah, why are none of you from New Zealand?

Yes it is. It's a title.

Here, either way is grammatically correct. I used to capitalise all the time, as seen in that example, while nowadays I tend to find not capitalising to be more aesthetically pleasing. Though I still do it in cases where it's necessary to avoid confusion, primarily in cases of "and".

U2 Titles:

Where the Streets Have No Name
Out of Control
No Line on the Horizon
Crumbs from Your Table
How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb
Daddy's Gonna Pay for Your Crashed Car
Bullet the Blue Sky

Etc.

I agree with Axver here. I capitalize all the words in song titles to avoid confusion. Plus, it just makes the title stand out more.

I agree with Axver here. I capitalize all the words in song titles to avoid confusion. Plus, it just makes the title stand out more.

Yeah. And "Crumbs from Your Table" just looks stupid - and isn't what my copy of HTDAAB says. Though trusting U2 for grammar is kind of ridiculous.

I wouldn't say that.

And you can kindly stop trying to push your inferior US grammar onto me.

1. In America, it is literally incorrect to capitalize articles, conjunctions, and prepositions in titles.

2. I was not aware that it changed around the world, hence why my post said it was incorrect.

3. Kindly stop trying to belittle the US every chance you get. We have our faults, but calling our grammar inferior is beyond absurd.

It's a pet peeve of mine. Seeing titles with all the words capitalized when they're not supposed to be capitalized bugs me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom